Any rogue planning to rock the Cadaverous Garb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glancealot

Legend
AEP system that's suitable 49's from pre-TBC where level 60's had similar stats as 49 twinks today.

Agility equivalence points - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Formula: 1 Agility = 1 Stamina = 2 Strength = .1% Crit. = .2% Dodge = .13% Parry = .13% To Hit = 2 Attack Power = 5 Daggers = 4 Any Resistance = 5 Health/5 Sec. = 50 Armor

because agility offers 2 ap now, each agility's worth is not 1 AEP anymore, it is 1+0.5(from the 1 extra AP)=1.5.

so 27 stam+9 agi=27+13.5AEP=40.5AEP

2 Str=1AEP

5 Dodge (0.46%)=2AEP

14 Hit (1.78%)=13.7AEP

90 resist=22.5AEP

(15 Arcane Resist

15 Fire Resist

15 Frost Resist

15 Holy Resist

15 Nature Resist

15 Shadow Resist)

so 1+2+13.7+22.5=39.2AEP, and we havn't even taken into consideration of that 5 expertise yet.

yes i know people say that expertise is worthless, but would you want one enchant that offers 1.3 agility or one that offers 10 expertise rating (5 expertise)?

the choice is yours.

in fact, resist is worth more at 49 than 60 because each point of resist offers more. so the total AEP of the second group should be even more, but whatever.

edit: i guess this thread applies to feral druids too. hunters are lucky bastards that can get an even better set.

Cadaverous Garb - Item Set - World of Warcraft

even though the ilevel may seem low, the whole set offers, in my opinion, more than the typical BiS (BiS according to tweedledum).

Cadaverous Garb vs BiS for level 49 rogues

(enchants are exactly the same for both so no need to add those, except for chest, where you can get 6 stats on the cadaverous but only 4 stats on the BoA)

the key-point being, this way you can get the gryphon-rider mace from the same quest as the BiS pants(the best 2.7 weapon available in cata) and also you don't have to grind for the BoA. (unless you wanna rock the bleed-R-us Bloodrazor - Item - World of Warcraft)

plus, those resistance could save your @ss, for example, a resisted sheep/root, it's like buying insurance.

Cadaverous

2 Int

2 Spi

2 Str

5 Dodge (0.46%)

10 Expertise (5.07)

14 Hit (1.78%)

15 Arcane Resist

15 Fire Resist

15 Frost Resist

15 Holy Resist

15 Nature Resist

15 Shadow Resist

vs

BiS

9 Agi

27 Sta

124 Armor

some quick calculation: 5 expertise is 1.25%, 14 Hit (1.78%, as a 49, you are mostly likely below the 5% cap.), thats 3.03%, with 2 str, we are looking at roughly 30 AEP(agility equivalent point), say even if you value stamina A LOT, 9+27=36 AEP, that 6 AEP difference and 124 armor(lol) can EASILY be made up with those 5 Dodge (0.46%) and 90 Resist!

to put things(90 resist) into perspective, at 49, druid's mark of the wild will give 21 resist each, which is 126 in total, so basically you are getting 71.43% of that without being buffed!!! in fact, 21 holy resist is not even offered by mark of the wild but Cadaverous has it, the percentage is 86% if this is taken into consideration)

mark of the wild formula

[ Level 1-70 : (Level/2) - 3.5 ]

expertise is pretty shitty for pvp and gryphon riders 8 str is useless

good to see holy isnt a binary class anymore, at least they must have changed the mechanics if they bothered to put holy resist on gear

Falkor said:
expertise is pretty shitty for pvp and gryphon riders 8 str is useless

good to see holy isnt a binary class anymore, at least they must have changed the mechanics if they bothered to put holy resist on gear

thus i ignored the -parry effect of expertise, -dodge is always good (unless you are hitting someone who is casting, will any competent player let you do that?)

and gryphon rider's speed is the reason it's good, 8 str is simply icing on the cake.

You should be able to hit the 5% cap at 49. It's approx 40 hit and easy to reach.

I'm not sure exactly how resists work at the moment, but the tooltip that I get hovering over resists show that I have a passive damage reduction from resists rather than a chance to resist spells. I'm not sure exactly what the difference is now or if that's correct, and I'd look it up if I wasn't on an iPhone.

Falkor said:

don't think holy resistance is new, that is, I know some high level pve targets had it but then again, that means jack shit for pvp heh

other than that there are potions that absorb holy damage

-dodge effects are more worthless than the -parry effects considering player dodge levels are so high, & usually parry is low. plus attack from behind and both are negated.

tait they did change how resist works i believe

Taitaih said:
You should be able to hit the 5% cap at 49. It's approx 40 hit and easy to reach.

I'm not sure exactly how resists work at the moment, but the tooltip that I get hovering over resists show that I have a passive damage reduction from resists rather than a chance to resist spells. I'm not sure exactly what the difference is now or if that's correct, and I'd look it up if I wasn't on an iPhone.

afaik there is no difference. The % you get is the same for binary and non binary, it just does different things. Binary it reduces the chance for the effect to happen and non binary ofc is just a damage reduction.

tweedledum said:
hey man, the only reason you mention gryphon riders stormhammer is because you have it ;p

Bonesnapper - Item - World of Warcraft Legionnaire's Sword - Item - World of Warcraft

regarding cadaverous.. nah.. doesn't seem worth it over the ever so foolproof stat increases from current cata bis gear list

yes i have it, however, i do believe that it's better than

Bonesnapper - Item - World of Warcraft or Legionnaire's Sword - Item - World of Warcraft

so you are saying you will pick enchant two over enchant one. i guess BiS gear-list isn't so "fool-proof" after-all;)

enchant one

2 Int

2 Spi

2 Str

5 Dodge (0.46%)

10 Expertise (5.07)

14 Hit (1.78%)

15 Arcane Resist

15 Fire Resist

15 Frost Resist

15 Holy Resist

15 Nature Resist

15 Shadow Resist

vs

enchant two

9 Agi

27 Sta

124 Armor

Falkor said:
-dodge effects are more worthless than the -parry effects considering player dodge levels are so high, & usually parry is low. plus attack from behind and both are negated.

tait they did change how resist works i believe

easier said than done bro, everyone can say "i always attack from behind" "my opponents never get to dodge or parry my attacks" "i 100% land my kidneyshot from behind like a 2400+", but what you say only looks good on paper, in reality(of wow), dodged/parried gouges/kidneyshots happen all the time.

trust me, almost all the long time rogue twinks (those with 10k+ kills) will be running around with Cadaverous Garb.

in mathematical terms, the lebesgue measure of veteran and stupid rogue twinks is 0.

I just do what shadowpanther tells me. I was browsing through his armor charts and I noticed some of the new items scattered around on there, but none of them were overthrowing the BiS items in any bracket from 19-49. The set bonus is nice though, I love the +15 resistance.

It's a cute idea but stamina really does reign king for every class at 49, you trade off far too much stam for some (mostly) meaningless stats. Props on the idea, but don't be surprised if it doesnt catch on.

glancealot said:
easier said than done bro, everyone can say "i always attack from behind" "my opponents never get to dodge or parry my attacks" "i 100% land my kidney shot from behind like a 2400+", but what you say only looks good on paper, in reality(of wow), dodged/parried gouges/kidneyshots happen all the time.

trust me, almost all the long time rogue twinks (those with 10k+ kills) will be running around with Cadaverous Garb.

in mathematical terms, the lebesgue measure of veteran and stupid rogue twinks is 0.

in a 1v1 against a good opponent it is certainly easier said than done. but in a BG situation where you are hand picking your targets (most likely heal/fc or a key dps) you have the advantage of stealthing behind them to at least get a dodge/parry free opener...and after that you can still worm around them depending on how good they are or how focused they are on other targets. so in a BG situation i dont value expertise high at all. in arena that would most likely change though

also not catching on to the lebesgue reference since thats way over my head, but if wikipedia is to be trusted lebesque is a way to measure length, area or volume to subsets of Euclidean space...but if you are implying that being a veteran and stupid are mutually exclusive, i beg to differ; especially if your measure of veteran is just having 10k+ kills

"don't think holy resistance is new, that is, I know some high level pve targets had it but then again, that means jack shit for pvp heh

other than that there are potions that absorb holy damage"

in pve bosses have an innate resist change that cant be overcome by spell pen, and some random bosses might have more holy resist than others...but in pvp it's pretty rare to find. pots only absorb, not resist

juts the fact they are adding holy resist onto gear made me think they could have changed holy from binary (either hits or "misses" - aka hit or full resist, no partial) to nonbinary; since in the past you could find other resists a lot more commonly like fire, nature, shadow, etc but holy resist gear was few and far between

glancealot said:

the proc is nice but I'd much rather have the pants, saves me a profession slot by skipping blackstorm legs

glancealot said:
so you are saying you will pick enchant two over enchant one. i guess BiS gear-list isn't so "fool-proof" after-all;)

enchant one

2 Int

2 Spi

2 Str

5 Dodge (0.46%)

10 Expertise (5.07)

14 Hit (1.78%)

15 Arcane Resist

15 Fire Resist

15 Frost Resist

15 Holy Resist

15 Nature Resist

15 Shadow Resist

vs

enchant two

9 Agi

27 Sta

124 Armor

dodge is irrelevant, I'd get enough from total agility

hit cap is solved easily

not going to use the set for a measly 5 expertise

resistances are alright given the fact that I won't always be out of sight, but I don't rate it above 27stam and 9agi. why? I won't always be fighting casters. 15 resistance against a single school sounds pretty fucking minuscule to me, I'll take my chances with a pvp trinket

glancealot said:

I love how you say almost, but I don't trust you. as far as math goes I suck, and I won't be using cadaverous before they buff it stat wise. I'll stick with my heirloom/blues mix when they're done changing stats and level reqs of the items currently available

to each his own. i have learnt that i need not force my ideas upon other peeps:D

it's not a bad idea in any case, but I'd rather stick with what works before venturing into the unknown

I guess, for what it's worth, you could get the ice reflector and make a mage hunting set employing a similar idea

glancealot said:
to each his own. i have learnt that i need not force my ideas upon other peeps:D

that's good since forcing ideas on people rarely works. we'll all figure out how this gear set up stacks up once we can actually get it, and see what other gear is changing or being introduced...too early to draw definitive conclusions on what "the best" rogues will be wearing

Alkaholic said:
LMAO, he's back @ it. 27 stam alone is >>> the whole set bonus.

oh ya? if you think that

27 stam which is a mere 270 health

is better than

2 Str

5 Dodge (0.46%)

10 Expertise (5.07)

14 Hit (1.78%)

15 Arcane Resist

15 Fire Resist

15 Frost Resist

15 Holy Resist

15 Nature Resist

15 Shadow Resist

then you are in the lebesgue measure 0 set i mentioned earlier. i don't force my ideas upon other people, but i still cannot tolerate stupidity.:D

2 str is worthless

.46 dodge isnt that impressive

10 expertise is crap imo

14 hit isnt that great, and hit cap has been easy to get for awhile now

resists are meh, id rather have the constant 27 sta than 15 resistances which are situational whereas sta works against all damage

can you define your usage of the lebesgue measure b/c after reading the wiki i dont see how it applys when you were just trying to imply being a "good" "veteran" rogue is mutually exclusive with being dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread