Any hope of saving my 19 warrior?

From what ive seen, all zones that got changed with Cata are now undiscovered areas if you had discovered them before. If your toon didnt have XP off when u logged him out, then, as soon as you logged onto him in the new Org he discovered Org again and dinged. Its unfortunate, but not an isolated incident. Have been several people had that happen. If he was XP was capped when u parked him tho, then, its Blizzards glitch and I see no reason why they wouldnt fix it other then they are just stubborn about deleveling a toon. Its a crap shoot. Good luck.

Dodgeyou said:
From what ive seen, all zones that got changed with Cata are now undiscovered areas if you had discovered them before. If your toon didnt have XP off when u logged him out, then, as soon as you logged onto him in the new Org he discovered Org again and dinged. Its unfortunate, but not an isolated incident. Have been several people had that happen. If he was XP was capped when u parked him tho, then, its Blizzards glitch and I see no reason why they wouldnt fix it other then they are just stubborn about deleveling a toon. Its a crap shoot. Good luck.

Not only was the xp turned on again, but the xp was set to having only 1 xp til level up, which is what caused it. As pilgrim mentioned earlier, the xp requirements were lowered to speed up the leveling process. They may have deactivated the xp-off by accident.

Grunge said:
jesus christ, i think im going to write a guide on how to petition a gm.

double dog dare you? who says that? ralphie in "a christmas story"? how old is he, 10?

right there, in one sentence you thoughtlessly tacked on the end of your letter, you equated yourself to a 10-year-old and made your whole post worthless.

g. g.

No, you do not "want to understand how you got leveled", you feel you were leveled wrongly and the situation ought to be remedied. You're a dissatisfied customer, not a teen trying to beg his way into a bar. state what you want without being demanding. its NOT hard.

why do people feel they need to "outsmart" or "barter" with gm's?

I'm not really that wrecked over it. I am bummed about losing all that time gathering the gear but I have a 19 pally, a 19 priest and a 29 hunter still.

I used humor because the GM that replied to me initially was trying to lighten the mood and make small jokes. I give what I get. In my life experiences you get more when you try to get on the same page as the person you are dealing with. I'm not going to sue them over it, I'm not a lawyer. Just some guy that wasted time making a twink on a video game then had the plug pulled.

I got an in game GM to grab me again and explain why she wasn't able to help me out. I don't think she knows because the only thing I can come up with is that although she thought I was sweet and really wanted to help me out she just can't. But if I want to suggest this service for a future patch go to www.wearentgoingtopayattentiontoyouanyway.com and I can start a suggestion thread about it.

So far both of the GMs I've dealt with were pleasant. My plan is to keep emailing and asking until someone who has nothing better to do just helps me.

By the way, Ralphie is nine.

On another note... what battlegroups are active for 19's? I play PST after 10:00most nights. If anyone is looking for a Rusty twink with so so skill and good teamwork I may be interested in moving. I have to get my fishing hat for my Pally and I'll be able to transfer with funds and gear already. My skills are not A team quality yet, and neither is my gear.

Jungis said:
On another note... what battlegroups are active for 19's? I play PST after 10:00most nights. If anyone is looking for a Rusty twink with so so skill and good teamwork I may be interested in moving. I have to get my fishing hat for my Pally and I'll be able to transfer with funds and gear already. My skills are not A team quality yet, and neither is my gear.

Battlegroups have been merged for battlegrounds, so enjoy.

I play mostly around 8-10pm CST.

Just keep trying, eventually a GM will help you out :) just be nice and polite to them and if they like you, you have a chance.

After five different GMs I got the attention of someone willing to listen to my situation and make a fair call about it.

Bottom line is I get my 19 back with all my grandfathered gear!!!

I read through blizzard's policies and found similar cases of virtual property restoration that helped my cause a little bit. That and the fact that all I did after resubscribing is log in, level to 20 without moving and logged back out. I got the impression that if I had used that character at all none of what was done for me would have happened.

It was either that or the double dog dare. Either way look for a big Tauren trying to remember what hotkey to press next time a que actually pops for me.

congrats!

It looks as if you're on a roll with that GM. See if they can fix warriors now. :p

Jungis said:
After five different GMs I got the attention of someone willing to listen to my situation and make a fair call about it.

I read through blizzard's policies and found similar cases of virtual property restoration that helped my cause a little bit. That and the fact that all I did after resubscribing is log in, level to 20 without moving and logged back out. I got the impression that if I had used that character at all none of what was done for me would have happened.

It was either that or the double dog dare. Either way look for a big Tauren trying to remember what hotkey to press next time a que actually pops for me.

Gratz man, this is really good news. I hope to see you rolling soon.

Also good news for everyone else this happened to, patients pays off.

Jungis said:

Atta boy skip :)

Users who are viewing this thread