Any Druid 39 guides?

My point is the survivability - whilst healing. Even if a pally gets kicked, it's going to take a heck of a lot more resources to down a 3500hp, 175sp, 3000 armour pally, with potentially, bubble for 12 secs, and loh, hof, over caster druid. The druids survivability revolves around switching into forms that can't heal. That's the point. Sure, you can switch bear, but as soon as you come out of it - either because you need to heal an FC, or yourself, it's too easy to burst you down- i.e 2 ambushes, good night nurse.

If the Pally is not interrupted, he can spam heal, whilst taking the blows, and can last long enough to get support to off some of the DPS. Similar story with shamans, although not quite that tough. Priests - psychic scream, improved inner fire, shield - you are not fighting cloth, you are fighting near mail + shield level. Aoe heals. The druids hot efficiency is the best at 39 however.

You have to play to your strengths, i'm sorry, but in nearly every scenario, i'd take the druid last as a healer. Feral flag carrying - possible better than prot pally, and balance - near mage burst, with some nice utility, are the your two strengths, these outshine every other build.

Feral druid is very viable for arena imo.

My point is the survivability - whilst healing. Even if a pally gets kicked, it's going to take a heck of a lot more resources to down a 3500hp, 175sp, 3000 armour pally, with potentially, bubble for 12 secs, and loh, hof, over caster druid.
druids have much better multi-target healing. paladins have lots of survivability but they don't necessarily have great versitility.
The druids survivability revolves around switching into forms that can't heal. That's the point. Sure, you can switch bear, but as soon as you come out of it - either because you need to heal an FC, or yourself, it's too easy to burst you down- i.e 2 ambushes, good night nurse.
2 ambushes against any busy healer should be enough to take down anything except a holy paladin. otherwise if the druid knows what it's doing and isn't distracted, it should either have bear form up or fairy fire before the second ambush.

elesian said:
If the Pally is not interrupted, he can spam heal, whilst taking the blows, and can last long enough to get support to off some of the DPS. Similar story with shamans, although not quite that tough. Priests - psychic scream, improved inner fire, shield - you are not fighting cloth, you are fighting near mail + shield level. Aoe heals. The druids hot efficiency is the best at 39 however.
if a druid isn't interrupted it can spam healing touch.

You have to play to your strengths, i'm sorry, but in nearly every scenario, i'd take the druid last as a healer. Feral flag carrying - possible better than prot pally, and balance - near mage burst, with some nice utility, are the your two strengths, these outshine every other build.

i'm just saying resto druids have survivability.

elesian said:
OK, i'm leaving this one now, you obviously can't/won't understand what i'm saying.

i understand resto druids aren't optimal healers, especially concerning mana conservation. i'm just saying they have survivability if played properly.

What i meant in saying that i find healing druids hardest to kill is due to the ones i have faced tend to run away, hot and cheetah.. this is on a one on one, With a pally yea.. if bubble isn't on cd then they can be a nuisance but a dash then stealth after they bubble forces em to use it up, mana up return to him and down they go, i am talking about ret pally's btw. when it comes to a healadin.. well, 1 on 1 is better to tease and kite and keep him occupied healing himself than his raid, 1700 starfires will see him healing himself while the rest of the raid take on his team mates.

I do play bg's differently in the sense that i target strength of the opponents raid and try and keep em "disabled" or distracted.

I can see you pulling loads of 1700 starfire CRITS with your 4.3% crit chance, and sub 2k healing pool. Whilst you are 'distracting' him, you are using up your nuke dps, when that could be for taking out an oppositions rogue.

You can't burst the pally out, but you can certainly nuke a rogue out, before the pally healer has time to respond. From the way you guys are talking, I don't think too many of you realise how hard it is to take out a full blown stamina/sp based holy pally.

I can see you pulling loads of 1700 starfire CRITS with your 4.3% crit chance, and sub 2k healing pool. Whilst you are 'distracting' him, you are using up your nuke dps, when that could be for taking out an oppositions rogue.

You can't burst the pally out, but you can certainly nuke a rogue out, before the pally healer has time to respond. From the way you guys are talking, I don't think too many of you realise how hard it is to take out a full blown stamina/sp based holy pally.

i have a 39 paladin myself, 3.4k hp w/ kings, 2.8k mana, 173 healing. i know that a holy paladin can have tons of survivability.

but there are specific advantages that a resto druid has over a holy paladin

1-cat form

this allows a druid to track humanoids as well as stay stealthed. a resto druid can sit in stealth by a flag carrier, tell the flag carrier where and how many people are coming, and throw out heals once the flag carrier is under attack, with no pressure whatsoever (at first) on the druid.

2-difficult to interrupt

a holy paladin's heals require cast time (except loh, 20 minute CD). not only that, but a holy paladin isn't casting a high variety of spells, so they are predictable, and therefore easy to interrupt. a druid's healing touch is much more difficult to interrupt because it has a very quick cast time and a druid is going to be using many other abilities other than healing touch.

3-speed

cat form and travel form allow a druid to escape situations with speed. a holy paladin isn't very quick and cannot keep up with targets very well. if your teammates are not supporting you very well and your flag carrier is stupid and runs away, a holy paladin isn't too good. a druid can keep up with the battle much more easily in PuG games.

4-burst healing

a druid has arguably the best burst healing from spamming healing touch. while it is far less mana efficient that a paladin's heals, it provides for more burst healing, which can save an important ally.

perhaps the burst healing of a druid isn't that much more than a holy paladin's holy light, but i know that because healing touch has such a short cast time that the burst is easier to pull off.

i realize that a holy paladin has tons of mana efficiency and is overall a better healer. i realize a shaman has better utility than a druid. i realize a priest is much better with instant cast support. but a druid has advantages too, and they aren't necessarily the worst healer.

all i know is that if i'm flag carrying on my mage, and if i could have one person to protect me, i would want a resto druid. i love knowing where all humanoid targets are and abolish poison/faiery fire helps a ton against rogues.

Users who are viewing this thread