Another Nerf to Wanding? Really?

Quara

OG
They did it again. They changed how wanding works.

They just added a 1.5 CD to wanding if you try and move after you do a wand (or cast any other spell.) This means that moving seriously gimps your dps. Time to start practicing spinning in really fast circles I guess?

I miss the days where wands shot then triggered a CD where you could happily move away. Or that sweet week or so where you could cast while you ran...that's another topic though, I suppose.

I was just getting used to the new-ish (not really anymore I suppose) style of wanding, and now they nerf it to hell.

Discuss? :(

Oh, and Shamans are now just ridiculous. Double shock ftw

QQQQQQ

wands r OP

I miss the days when priest talents had +dmg w/ wands & Imp Power Word: Shield was in a lower tier; simply pop your shield, SW:pain, and wand them to death and all you needed for a heal was renew, that's when cookie's stirring rod was fun :D

I was under the impression that nothing new happened to Wanding. I thought it was always a .5 Sec Cast, 1.5 Sec CD.

Oh, and Shamans are now just ridiculous. Double shock ftw

QQQQQQ

You're a little misinformed. If you're saying they have a double interrupt, that's incorrect. They will have Wind Shear every 6 seconds. But Earth Shock no longer interrupts.

Basically you'll expect to see Shamans using FS/ES rotations with an interrupt every 6 Seconds.

wanding coming back to their old self, that is bullshit...

back then yif you were wanding you wouldn't be able to cast before the global cooldown was off, thus you were losing a whole second just to stop wanding and then to cast your spell. that was bullshit.

wanding is fine as it is, it is actually the only thing that enable priest to DPS while healing !

getting rid of that re-throws the priest into the "not able to do anything" category again !

i just hope it won't happen !

To clear a few things up:

Yes, the tooltip for wanding is the same. It's always said '1.5 sec cooldown.' But now, and I've tested this on PTR, they are changing it so that if you try and move right after you wanded, you cannot cast wand again for 1.5 seconds. This makes dueling melee classes like warriors and shamans much more difficult, as a priest cannot try and maneuver/juke the players while keeping their dps high with wands.

As for the double shock, what it means is that Shamans can burst like crazy. They can now Earth Shock every 6 seconds while keeping up their Interrupt for your Heals. And to make matters worse, they both have the exact same graphic and thus it is very hard to Fake cast and to know when they have their wind shear up.

As Katastrophe put it, "Now I dont even have to put on my intellect weapon!"

Someday quara. Someday, we priests will be OP.

Rogues will cry and hunters will die, and we'll laugh all the way to the fr, mark my words.

Users who are viewing this thread