20-29 Amelletta's 29 Holy guide

Amelletta

Grandfathered
***Still in the works for legion***

Holy Paladins utilize direct healing and low mana costs to sustain themselves and their allies in battle. Predominantly reactive healers, Holy Paladins focus on quickly restoring party and raid members to full life before moving to the next wounded ally. Their single-target, direct healing style is simple to learn but requires deep understanding to truly master

Race

Picking what race you would like to be can be a tricky first step process when confronted with the different type of racial abilities and passives each race has. here is some information on what I think are the best for both Horde and Alliance Paladin's for 29's PvP.

Alliance

Human
Every man for himself: Removes all Stun effects. This effect shares a cool-down with other similar effects such as Honorable medallion
The human spirit : increased Versatlity by 7 at lvl 29

Horde

Blood Elf
arcane torrent: this Silence is a great pain for any alliance healer. if your horde the blood elf race is for you.
Arcane acuity: Increases critical strike chance by 1%
Arcane resistance: Reduces Arcane damage taken by 1%

Talents

Bestow Faith : this will heal your target for about 1.300 after 5sec, with only a 12 second cool down it make's this my go to talent. just don't wast it on the wrong targets.

Light's Hammer : this is both a damage per second and healing area of effect move all in one, great for spinning flags and the big team fights

Crusader's Might : ** Have not yet tested this Talent out **

Abilities

Flash of light: this is you go to heal you will be using this most of the time to keep your team mates and yourself alive, try to keep an eye on your apposing team's interrupts, getting holy locked can change the game for the worse, learn how to fake cast. ( cast a heal and stop that cast so that the enemy player use's there interrupts on nothing )

Holy shock: i find it best to use this as a heal on a ally when you are on the move. it is a great damage move. if putting out some damage per second on key targets is what you are looking for you will like to use this as a damage move more than a healing move.

Lay on Hands: save this move for the teams flag holder or a clutch moment in the game. i find its a total wast using this on your self.

Divine Shield: When you use this move you will take No damage of any kind for 8 sec. use it well. This is your get out of jail free card.

Hammer of Justice: Great all round move from locking a healer down to peeling for yourself or a teammate. it will stun your target for 6 sec.

Judgment: using this as a opener damage per second move is the way to go, it will make your next Holy shock or Crusader do 30% more damage to the target for the next 6 sec

Divine Protection: you will find this a must when fighting any good Shadow Priest or balance druid use it well and you will save yourself a lot of healing.

Cleanse: use it often use it well. from removing rogues slowing poisons to taking dots off a rogue so he can re-stealth, removing all Poison, disease and magic effects this will help your team and yourself a great deal.

Crusader Strike: might as well use it if your holy locked and have a target in range.

Divine Steed: great move for getting away from melee or keeping up with team members like warriors charging in to deep.

Last edited:
Consumables

Elixir of Fortitude: Appllies + 268 health to your total health. you will lose on death.

Elixir of Wisdom: Applies + 8 intellect to your total intellect. you will lose on death.

Carrion Surprise: Applies + 8 stamina and Spirit. you will lose on death.

Lesser Invisibility Potion: Invisibility for 15 sec (must be out of combat)

Flash Bombs: Fears Beast for 10 sec. Feral's and hunter pets will run from you in fear :)

Discombobulator Ray: Great all rounder Consumable. Reducing targets Melee damage and Spell power by 32 and its Movement rate by 16% for 12 sec. Great for Peels or slowing a EFC down.

Drums of Fury: Increases Melee, Ranged and Spell Hast by 25% for ALL party and raid Members. Last 40 sec. this is a Great Consumable for a Big team fights.

Goblin Glider Kit: play with it and you will understand its worth.

Cooking Fire: will give you and all team members within 3 yards range +4 Versatility, great for setting up Defense at a location like flags :p

Last edited:
***Still in the works for legion***

Game Play Tips and tricks

So you have just joined into a battlegrounds. first things you should be doing is looking at is both teams see what you have to work with and what your working against. look for flag carrying players and healers. have a think about your Tenants for the game, use your Consumables.

Gates have opened, sticking with your team most of the time (if not all of the time) is the best way to go about this as a healer. try and stay off the front line's. in the opening clash get into combat asap or you may find yourself sapped and needing to use your trinket, witch may cost you big time in the next few min.

use cleanse as often as you can get away with. it is a global so think ahead.

if your the only healer and your teams FC looks like he/she may need you try then peel off the mid fight and hold his/her hand to the finish line is most of the time a good way to go.

for new players all i can say is put some time into learning. watch some video's. PvP is a "on the fly" ever changing thing. i can tell you so much more from a 29's Holy paladins point of view but its best that you learn by trying. if your last few game's didnt work out. try again with a twist.. mix it up till you find your Mogo and then ROCK that S**T.

Any input is very much welcome or Questions I'm happy to and answer please Post here or inbox me.

Last edited:
Pursit of justice is better due teh fact that WoG heals for dog at 3 HP.

to win vs feral you must keep denounce debuff on them 100% of time.

Bubble before FoL spam and never before. kick = holy lock out meaning no bubble.

if vs SP, dispelling VT is a good thing.

Bubble first aid is a thing again.

hope that helps but great guid so far :)

Damn nice guide imo. Makes me miss playing my holy pal back in end wrath beginning of Cata :/ good times

Harsh Words: ... Total wast of time, ill get to why later.
But you didnt right? You forgot WoG?! :)
missing:
- playable Races and their benefits/disadvantages (like Stomp DR)
- Diff. BG- and Arena-playstyle options (PoJ+Glyph BoG + Int-gear for BGs vs. SoL+Glyph FoL+Stam/Haste for 2s or something)

You should mention how HoJ stops all aerial momentum of the character, so HoJing a falling efc would make him stop moving foward which could be key for stopping caps, trapping him in mid. Also i believe if u hoj a hunter who is in mid-disengage and haste touched the floor yet, he will not gain posthaste if he has the talent.

You mention nowhere about using empty dispells to stay in combat. Maybe just cause ive never seen u do it. This is where u dispell a target who no magic, poisons or diseases who is in combat. That in-turn makes u in combat. Great for not getting sapped and not wasting holy shock on staying in combat. Also taunting the enemy to stay in combat and keep them in combat, once again this saves u judgement and holyshock but the enemy must be in 25 yard range. Always great to keep taunt on mouseover so u can taunt a rogue to keep him in combat while still healing / assisting team

copy pasted that so take just the info i put, also u should mention things like how u cant cast divine shield while holy locked, most good players know this and will purposely hold their lockout till they can land a kill in it. Especially true in arenas.

You should expand on the talents, show the speeds of each one and each level (like for pursuit of justice) with and without boot enchants just in case. u should explain them like how u explained the glyphs, situations where one really overtakes the others like speed of light in areans or something like that.

Also i would add a table of contents, generally something to have for new players who would be looking at this. then u go thru ur guide and add all abbr, even the simple ones or terms ppl may not know. Then i would put abilities first, rather than glphs and talents. just seems smoother. i dont see much reason consumables is in the guide, unless u are gonna explain more in detail how an hpal can use them differently than in general

Users who are viewing this thread