Alliance only wins the 60-69 bracket? is it Racials? faction change

What has you so focused on AV? There is a high probability those will be guaranteed wins against levelers. Won't that get boring? I'm not even sure you can consistently get games outside of call to arms weeks.

If you go 70 to be super strong in 70 AV will you be at least decent in the other 70-79 BGs?

Decent sure. Not great though. They have a lot better secondary scaling and better mana efficiency but 70 can't compare to 79. Give up too many stats and too much base power on spell ranks and talents. High resilience 70 healers seem to do the best for 70s and druid seems to be the best for it. They have lower output but they soak damage well and oom slower. We rarely see 70 twink in 79 bgs nowadays.

What has you so focused on AV? There is a high probability those will be guaranteed wins against levelers. Won't that get boring? I'm not even sure you can consistently get games outside of call to arms weeks.
Decent sure. Not great though. They have a lot better secondary scaling and better mana efficiency but 70 can't compare to 79. Give up too many stats and too much base power on spell ranks and talents. High resilience 70 healers seem to do the best for 70s and druid seems to be the best for it. They have lower output but they soak damage well and oom slower. We rarely see 70 twink in 79 bgs nowadays.
So far we already have 2 level 38s slotted for 39s & 5 level 42s slotted for 49s (or higher) & these 2 60 Paladins I am trying to slot (not counting at least 6 DKs we can create). The 6+ DKs could be slotted for 59, 60, 69, 70, &/or 79 and least some of them could be setup to be able to queue with the duo Paladins...

With the above in mind we will have plenty of WSG & other BGs in 39s & 49s (& maybe also 59s, 69s, &/or 79s with DKs or other characters we level up) so we want to have at least 1 duo that is optimized for AV...

Last edited:
A 60 twink is going to get destroyed by 69 twinks. No contest. Wrath gear + gem is busted for 69s and you can't use the overpowered wrath engineering items until level 65+. Then factor in all the extra gear stats, spell ranks, talent points. There's nothing inherently broken about 60 twinks that would give than an edge over 69s. I don't see the appeal to playing this bracket anymore but I definitely would not do it as a 60.
Ye, this would assume that the 69s know what they are doing and even then I've been able to defeat DKs using engineering items such as nets etc. Also reflectors work 100% on 60 compared to 69ers. Also, scaling is 1 to 1 for 60s compared to 69ers. Of course, a 69 who knows how to play will have the advantage but it depends. For instance, there is no way for me to lose against a warlock on my 60 Prot twink. With zerker my shield slam pummels them for north of 7k dmg which is 90/100% of their hp pool in 1 single global.

Personally DM me here and I'll send you some clips @nodoze

Prot war is one of the downsides to wrath pvp imo. It is one of the best specs in the game for pvp and I believe it is the best spec for 69. Ridiculous damage, way too much CC, extremely durable.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately both Paladins we want to duo with are already 60 so 59s are not an option for those characters. I also think at least one of our dual-specs want to go all the way to Divine Storm so I think we need to be at least 60 for that...

Based on what you are saying, if you have to be at least 60th level, & AV is the priority (but it would be great to be competitive in other BGs) are you recommending to:

Twink the duo Paladins at 70 to dominate 61-70 AV & be decent in the other 70-79 BGs?

On a related note we may also end up boosting a level 70 on those accounts as we want to farm Heirlooms on those accounts for other Twinks in other brackets... With these boosts we could end up with 2 more level 70+ Paladins... With that in mind I started this thread to understand if a 70 Twink can farm Heirlooms or whether we need to be a 79 Twink (or go to the 80 cap):

https://xpoff.com/threads/can-70-twinks-effectively-farm-emblems-of-heroism-for-heirlooms.99477/

EDIT: More recent updates in that thread indicate neither 70 Twinks NOR 79 Twinks can farm Heirlooms for their account so I guess we will end up with 80s and only have 2 60+ Paladins to work with (for now at least as I am not up for leveling more Paladins to 60+ for awhile)...
right now boosting a character is 50% off, so its $25 instead of $50, i think the sale is only for a few more days. huge deal
I guess just twink at 69 and have seperate boosted 70 for AV
IMO 69 is the best twink bracket because you can use the latest expansions gear and professions and they scale crazy

right now boosting a character is 50% off, so its $25 instead of $50, i think the sale is only for a few more days. huge deal
I guess just twink at 69 and have seperate boosted 70 for AV
IMO 69 is the best twink bracket because you can use the latest expansions gear and professions and they scale crazy
Thanks! I agree that sale is a huge deal and I posted to help others know as well here:

https://xpoff.com/threads/boosts-for-quick-70-twinks-on-50-sale.99482/

Instead of the $25 one I recommend getting the $40 one as it is currently only $15 more & includes a month of game time which costs $15/month (unless you subscribe in bulk) so you get the digital items for free...

Basically I plan to be able to cover all the brackets and thus play what we enjoy most...

Toward that end my brother bought boosts for both his & his kid's accounts & I bought boosts on sale for all 6 of our accounts to get 70s which I plan to lock XP on all of them for now except a Resto Shaman that I plan to make the healer of my Heroic Farming group for Heirlooms. I also bought the transfers I think I will need at 30% off...

After my 5 kids picked names/hair/eyes/looks/etc on the 5 core accounts (that I 5box on when the kids are not on) we boosted 5 70s and then created 5 new Gnome DeathKnights (DKs) that they picked the names/looks on... I kept the boost on my 6th account for now to give me future flexibility.

We will shortly be questing the 5 new DKs to get them out of their starter zone to ~58 and then I plan to transfer all 5 of them over to the same server that our two XPoff 60 Paladins are...

After those 5 DKs are transferred off we then plan to create 5 more DKs and level them up to 69 and then swap one DK out for the boosted 70 Resto Shaman and then take the Resto Shaman & 4 DKs to the 80 cap...

If I did the planning correctly we should end up with the following:

-One server targeted for 59/60/69s with:
--2 Level 60 Paladins (both XPoff for now);
--5 Level 59 DeathKnights (TBD if they will be 59s/60s/69s);
---Plan to initially Twink one DK at 59 & one at 60 to run with the Paladins and see how I like 59DKs in 50-59 BGs & how I like 59DK vs 60DK in 51-60AV... May also Twink 1 DK at 69 to see how I like pairing 69DK with 60 Paladins in 60-69BGs...

-Second server targeted for 70s/79s & for farming Heirlooms as follows:
--1 69 DeathKnight that I may take to 70/79 (TBD);
--3 70 Shaman XPoff for now;
--1 70 Druid XPoff for now;
--3 70s Boosts held in reserve (these will later also unlock more DKs);
------ 5man Heroic Dungeon farming team for Heirlooms:
--4 80 DKs (Tank+3 AoE DPS);
--1 80 Shaman (Resto Healer);

Note: If we hate farming Heroics on 4DK+Shaman then I will later swap to 4shaman+DK/Druid/Paladin as those are 5man compositions I farmed Heroics with back in original WotLK though hopefully won't have to go this route...

After we get our Heirlooms we will look to Twink out our current 38s & 42s for 39s/49s & then maybe level up other alts for 19s/29s or higher...

Hopefully the above keeps us busy this summer ;-)

Last edited:
Thanks! I agree that sale is a huge deal and I posted to help others know as well here:

https://xpoff.com/threads/boosts-for-quick-70-twinks-on-50-sale.99482/

Instead of the $25 one I recommend getting the $40 one as it is currently only $15 more & includes a month of game time which costs $15/month (unless you subscribe in bulk) so you get the digital items for free...

Basically I plan to be able to cover all the brackets and thus play what we enjoy most...

Toward that end my brother bought boosts for both his & his kid's accounts & I bought boosts on sale for all 6 of our accounts to get 70s which I plan to lock XP on all of them for now except a Resto Shaman that I plan to make the healer of my Heroic Farming group for Heirlooms. I also bought the transfers I think I will need at 30% off...

After my 5 kids picked names/hair/eyes/looks/etc on the 5 core accounts (that I 5box on when the kids are not on) we boosted 5 70s and then created 5 new Gnome DeathKnights (DKs) that they picked the names/looks on... I kept the boost on my 6th account for now to give me future flexibility.

We will shortly be questing the 5 new DKs to get them out of their starter zone to ~58 and then I plan to transfer all 5 of them over to the same server that our two XPoff 60 Paladins are...

After those 5 DKs are transferred off we then plan to create 5 more DKs and level them up to 69 and then swap one DK out for the boosted 70 Resto Shaman and then take the Resto Shaman & 4 DKs to the 80 cap...

If I did the planning correctly we should end up with the following:

-One server targeted for 59/60/69s with:
--2 Level 60 Paladins (both XPoff for now);
--5 Level 59 DeathKnights (TBD if they will be 59s/60s/69s);
---Plan to initially Twink one DK at 59 & one at 60 to run with the Paladins and see how I like 59DKs in 50-59 BGs & how I like 59DK vs 60DK in 51-60AV... May also Twink 1 DK at 69 to see how I like pairing 69DK with 60 Paladins in 60-69BGs...

-Second server targeted for 70s/79s & for farming Heirlooms as follows:
--1 69 DeathKnight that I may take to 70/79 (TBD);
--3 70 Shaman XPoff for now;
--1 70 Druid XPoff for now;
--3 70s Boosts held in reserve (these will later also unlock more DKs);
------ 5man Heroic Dungeon farming team for Heirlooms:
--4 80 DKs (Tank+3 AoE DPS);
--1 80 Shaman (Resto Healer);

Note: If we hate farming Heroics on 4DK+Shaman then I will later swap to 4shaman+DK/Druid/Paladin as those are 5man compositions I farmed Heroics with back in original WotLK though hopefully won't have to go this route...

After we get our Heirlooms we will look to Twink out our current 38s & 42s for 39s/49s & then maybe level up other alts for 19s/29s or higher...

Hopefully the above keeps us busy this summer ;-)
nice, ive got a 70 warlock, 79 shaman and 69 druid on alliance, a 69 warrior on horde and going to boost a 70 druid on alliance. i really cant reccomend the 69 bracket enough, i dont know how the queues are lately but having access to wotlk professions like engineering,jewelcrafting, tailoring, for rocketboots,rocket gloves, haste gloves, goggles, gnomish lightning generator (each trinket gives around 5% crit at 69), sonic booster, jewelcrafting gems and tailoring 250 sp cape proc, all those professions will keep you busy and the bonuses scale amazingly at 69. The sonic booster and tailoring SP cape are really underated for BGs as both proc for around 15 seconds each, around twice a minte or 90 seconds I believe.

youre gonna have to let me know how the 70 shaman is, I love shaman but im hesitant to have a 70 because lava burst isnt learned until 75.
if I were you id make a 70 priest and heal your DK child soldiers to victory. Lots of cool combinations to think of for taking back AV bunkers.
boomkin on AV looks really fun, av weekend cant come soon enough.

Last edited:
So horde has dominated every bracket until the 60 to 69 bracket.
I dont know the reason for this, but the horde win rate is like 5%.
It seems like horde has more bots and more dumb players that are trying to level via BGs not realizing you barely get any XP on a loss and that the xp doesnt scale like it does in the earlier brackets.
seems like in every team 40% of the horde players are level 60-62, we lose every time in a blowout, and they continue to queue despite getting annihiliated. Also Ive only ran into 4 other twinks in about 2 weeks, meanwhile i see twinks on the alliance side, of all classes, every game.

Was there an alliance twink guild that dominated the 60s bracket and then one by one guys like me faction changed to join them?
Did people pick alliance for the racials? like human?
Anyone have any insight? Im gonna faction change, this is ridiculous.

also, as a warrior, do i pick gnome or human? gnome looks better because the cooldown is shorter.
I know human removes fear but the cooldown is twice as long

Thanks
99% of wow players suck balls at the game. 98% of them are on the horde

nice, ive got a 70 warlock, 79 shaman and 69 druid on alliance, a 69 warrior on horde and going to boost a 70 druid on alliance. i really cant reccomend the 69 bracket enough, i dont know how the queues are lately but having access to wotlk professions like engineering,jewelcrafting, tailoring, for rocketboots,rocket gloves, haste gloves, goggles, gnomish lightning generator (each trinket gives around 5% crit at 69), sonic booster, jewelcrafting gems and tailoring 250 sp cape proc, all those professions will keep you busy and the bonuses scale amazingly at 69. The sonic booster and tailoring SP cape are really underated for BGs as both proc for around 15 seconds each, around twice a minte or 90 seconds I believe.

youre gonna have to let me know how the 70 shaman is, I love shaman but im hesitant to have a 70 because lava burst isnt learned until 75.
if I were you id make a 70 priest and heal your DK child soldiers to victory. Lots of cool combinations to think of for taking back AV bunkers.
boomkin on AV looks really fun, av weekend cant come soon enough.
I like that Gnomes at 60 in classes with access to plate gear unlock a lot of what you are referring to due to having 17 gems slots & Sonic Boosters at level 60 with even better scaling than 69... I think part of the reason we loved our Twink 60 Human Paladins back in WotLK is because they were grandfathered 450 Engineering & had 17 gems... My nephew's favorite Twink to run with our 60 Paladins was a 60 Gnome Warrior & the most fun we had was them both equipping 'Force Reactive Disks' & diving into the AV Horde with me as a Healadin putting 'Beacon of Light' on my nephew's Warrior & trying to keep them both up!!! It was crazy fun with 3 'Force Reactive Disks' each & we were a well honed duo/trio that supported each other & were core to anyone who grouped with us & with that our 60s held their own in 69 BGs & we enjoyed being only level 60 & the challenge of "playing up against 69 Twinks" in the other BGs... Grouping with 69s was fun & I look forward to having some 69s as well...

If I was only doing the 5 boosts for 70 Twinks I would at most have done 1 Level 70 Shaman & would have instead done at least a 2nd 70 Druid & would love to have 70 Paladin, Rogue, Priest, Mage, &/or Warlock to try possibly more than Shaman (or at least about equal interest to 70 Shaman). In the end I am hoping to be able to use one of the 3 boost we are keeping in reserve for a 2nd 70 Druid to duo with...

Regarding Shaman, research indicates that 80 Shaman is good for PVP at cap but I can't really speak to how strong 70 Shaman are as 70s was a lessor played bracket for me back in original WotLK & what little 70s I did were mainly 70 Druids, Paladins, & a single Rogue back then (not 70 Shaman)... I was tempted this go around to use the boosts to create 70 Mages & Warlocks for Living Bombs & Seed of Corruption spam fun but in the end I didn't want gimmicks or one trick ponies to drive my decisions as I had these goals for those accounts from the 5 Level 70 boosts:
  • - Bonus: Unlock 5 DKs so I could create one set of 5 and transfer them at ~59 to the server targeted for 59/60/69s;
  • - Bonus: Keep DK unlocked & create 2nd set of 5 DKs & take 4 to 80 cap to farm Heroics for Heirlooms (leaving 1 DK at 69);
  • - *Priority: Have 1 70 Resto Shaman ready to go to 80 cap with the 4 DKs to heal them in Heroics (which means the 69 DK is on this account);
  • - *Priority: Have 3 70 Shaman ready as backup DPS toons for 80 cap as I have concerns with 5box Dungeon farming with 3 melee DPS DKs;
  • - Bonus: Have 1 70 Druid as that was my favorite 70 Twink (& have as a backup hybrid to take to 80 cap if I need/want to);
*These were my priorities when using the 5 Level 70 boosts... The 2 sets of free/extra DKs (5 at 59+ & 1 at 69 & 4 at 80) were just me trying to maximize the 70 boosts & hopefully getting us multiple 70 Twinks & other Twinks as bonuses after meeting the level 80 5box Heroic Dungeon farming team... My original goal is/was to 5box Heroic Dungeons for Heirlooms & what not which I found fun back in WotLK (and as a challenge for me trying to run 5 toons at once). Heirlooms are important efficiency & time savers on all the accounts for XP bonuses and self-upgrading gear to help us level up future Twinks for any/all brackets (as well as BiS for some slots in some brackets)... As far as 5boxing, for me at least, melee has always been problematic & my goto favorite team is Paladin Tank+4 Shaman...

Generally for the easiest 5box team being run by 1 player, especially in today's environment with no (or minimal) tools nor broadcasting due to ToS changes, I recommend the 3 DPS Shaman be deep Elemental with the rest Resto so they can all be effective "oh shit" Chain Heal off-healers... In the 4 Shaman comp I like to make the 4th Shaman deep Resto with some Elemental and make him the primary healer (& off-DPS)... The reasons Shaman are recommended as the best to team with a Paladin Tank include the following:
  • - Only the Tank would have to be in harms way due to ranged DPS;
  • - Any loss of Tank aggro is easier to detect/survive as the mob(s) have to run to the party;
  • - All 5 characters are Hybrids who can both DPS & at least off-heal;
  • - All 5 characters are at least in Scalemail with a shield if desired;
  • - Tank only needs attention once every 8 seconds to refresh Consecration (10 seconds with glyph) & spam some cooldowns;
  • - Sustained DPS only requires a mouseover & single button per client periodically (cast times & chain lighting has 6 second cool-down);
  • - Sustained AoE healing only requires a mouseover & single button periodically (can mouse-over other clients while Chain Heal is being cast);
  • - Built-in Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Chain Healing;
  • - AI of Chain Lightning;
  • - AI of Totems (Tremor for AI cleansing, DPS/healing totems, etc);
  • - 8 powerful pets for boss fights with their own AI;
  • - 4 self-rez-Ahnks for wipe-protection;
... Note: Likely others but those are the ones that come to mind...

For fights I typically run around & gather mobs on the Paladin Tank and then try to leave him there & "drive" play from the Healer for the bulk of the rest of the fight trying to Tank & Spank & just mouse-over Tank+3DPS periodically... If things get bad 4 chain heals can get though most anything & I can pop Earth Pet Totem(s) for off-tank(s) & can do Fire pet totems for extra DPS... Rare party wipes are mitigated by the 4 ahnk self-rezzes...

Hopefully the 80 DK Blood Tank + 3 80 DK Unholy AoEs + Resto Shaman work well enough that I don't have to fall back on the above but my goto team is ready if I need it...

I will try to remember to report back on 70s Shaman PVP if I am able to keep them at 70 and get to Twinking them (though they are low on my list relative to the others)...

Last edited:
Horde and Alns of Europe where are all your twinks? We guys from the Russian server love BG very much and look forward to every battle, but you have very little activity lately, the Horde needs more Alliance blood, and we all need more fun. Let's be more active :3

----

Орда и Альнс Европы где все ваши твинки? Мы ребята с русского сервера очень любим БГ и ждём каждого боя с нетерпением, но у вас последнее время очень маленькая активность, Орде нужно больше крови Альянса, а нам всем нужно больше веселья. Давайте больше активности :3

Users who are viewing this thread