US ALLIANCE ISLANDS FARM GROUP

I've done now about 20 Isle Expeditions and sometimes I got a quest after finishing which gave me 700 artefactpower. Can these quests drop often or only once?

I think Walrus had mentioned that you can get these items to drop more than once, but he never checked back in and said if he could turn more than one in

As far as if they drop often, same drop rate as a pet/mount/plundered piece so it seems

I saw this mentioned on another forum,

You are more likely to get item drops if you kill the 75% completition guys that show up, so the naga raids, or pirates or whatever that show up on the beaches near the end. They had ran a lot and noticed that trend so might be worth making sure to kill those guys instead of just random crocodiles/mining nodes.

Also doing the quests on the island supposedly gives you a better chance of getting rep tokens, where mining nodes/random crocodiles is pretty slim.

All speculation of course, but worth looking into, I plan to do some islands and focus on those points to gain azerite and see how it goes.

I saw this mentioned on another forum,

You are more likely to get item drops if you kill the 75% completition guys that show up, so the naga raids, or pirates or whatever that show up on the beaches near the end. They had ran a lot and noticed that trend so might be worth making sure to kill those guys instead of just random crocodiles/mining nodes.

Also doing the quests on the island supposedly gives you a better chance of getting rep tokens, where mining nodes/random crocodiles is pretty slim.

All speculation of course, but worth looking into, I plan to do some islands and focus on those points to gain azerite and see how it goes.

This speculation might be true to be honest. I’ve gotten only a few quest items for 700 AP and each time I received them, it was after clearing some kind of beach rare.

Very interesting

DH is good for islands because you have high mobility; always plan to be knocked off your mount at some point during a pull. I've considered a ret myself, but their piss-poor aoe holds me back. That might be surmountable with enough mastery, but in my opinion there will be other classes that do it better.

But hey, we're here to have fun, so go with what you like to play =)

DH is good for islands because you have high mobility; always plan to be knocked off your mount at some point during a pull. I've considered a ret myself, but their piss-poor aoe holds me back. That might be surmountable with enough mastery, but in my opinion there will be other classes that do it better.

But hey, we're here to have fun, so go with what you like to play =)
if i pull more than 2 silver rares it can go south real fast if one has a knockback or silence. for the most part i do pretty good as ret. only 2 aoe spells so i save wings and trinkets when the group gets big enough and try to run behind or into a building to los any caster npcs. i rarely mine the nodes and head straight for the “!” while pulling/ training mobs. once the pvp mobs start i head to them and skulls on map till a portal opens. then i do that.

Hmm, good to know! I've always been fond of rets. How does a dk do on islands? I've been pondering one of them as well, but I'm concerned that I won't be able to stack enough haste to mak the rune cooldown period bearable.

Ret is fine, and they have a built in I WIN button with bubble. Never had any problems on my 110 ret with only 245 ilvl, unless bubble is down and I pull 3+ silver elites.

The main problem with pulling large groups during expeditions is CC mechanics. You will start to learn which types of mobs cause the most grief. For instance I avoid trolls like the plague. They have a lot of ranged abilities, CC, and they smell. Haha!

Yeah, haha- protip, watch out for the spiders with 'weaver' in the name, they'll get you good. Some naga have a net as well. I've found that you can shake almost anything but the net. Oh, and if you get the charging bears, boars, or yaks, DO NOT SLOW DOWN. If they get within range again they charge again and you will absolutely get chain-stunlocked into the ground.

Yeah, haha- protip, watch out for the spiders with 'weaver' in the name, they'll get you good. Some naga have a net as well. I've found that you can shake almost anything but the net. Oh, and if you get the charging bears, boars, or yaks, DO NOT SLOW DOWN. If they get within range again they charge again and you will absolutely get chain-stunlocked into the ground.

Very good tips.

There are also a few spots on each island that you can LoS the mobs. Weather it’s behind a broken stone building, inside buildings, or inside caves. This helps to rangle up casting mobs

I've found good people to run with in the US Island Community 2. It's a spillover group since the first one is full at 1K members. Here's the code if anyone wants to join:

amYdNVWi54b

rhopland#21762
Havoc DH 257 (with legendary head) or 263 (with full azerite) Alliance
Someone pls add me, i just want some quick ie spam for azerite.
Is this only US? if so, dont bother. in that case its my mistake

Users who are viewing this thread