After thoughts of Void Elf

Elitesniper

Grandfathered
I didn't like the teleport as much as I thought and embrace does not pull the numbers I hoped it would, coming out to about 1.5% extra healing/dps. Also the not getting interrupted during casting is not something I noticed because most casts are channeled or around 1.4 seconds cast time. Overall a very appealing looking race both visually and stat wise but don't let people over-hype this Race.

Belf > Velf
But imagine if we got High elves instead. Idk why it was so difficult for blizz to give fans what they've wanted for so long

void elf teleport actually has many very useful applications but requires a lot of patience and understanding of the mental game. otherwise it's just a slow and predictable movement option. as someone who's been playing it for a a couple months now at least I can say it's one of the most rewarding races to play and has netted me a lot of unexpected advantages.

the juking potential is obvious, you can use it to get a cast off and then tele behind someone before they can cast back at you and cancel their cast, you can use it to get deep back line cc and escape, and a bunch of other cool stuff especially in conjunction with your class's core abilities like priest fear or hunter disengage.

getting a good grip on when, how, and why you should use it takes some time. it's not the best race in the game by any means but a creative and situationally aware player will get waaaay more value out of it than someone who tries it out for a few minutes or has less experience.

not saying anything about you specifically btw just a general statement for people considering playing this race. at 19 Dark Iron is probably the best atm and will likely be surpassed by Zandalari but velf is always a fun and rewarding choice if u give it time.

Last edited:
The teleport for warlock and priest is great. For melee, the teleport can be used for roots. It doesn't remove the root, but it takes you to your destination with the root still in place. It's pretty funny when a mage thinks they're getting away with that frost nova. Honestly been considering changing my 120 lock from undead to velf after playing it at 20.

Users who are viewing this thread