Affliction Locke Rotation

Hello guys. So I'm gearing up a warlock for BGs, I'm quite new to this class and the lvl 20-29 bracket, so I'm a little confused about what I should be casting and in what order. Currently I usually cast 1. Agony; 2. Corruption; 3. Unstable Affliction and 4. Drain Soul, is this correct? Should I drain soul or keep stacking UA? Also, what talent would you recommend for this bracket? I'm using Malefic Grasp, but I've seen people using Writhe in Agony or even Haunt. I had trouble finding info on lvl 29 warlock twinks, so I'm here to ask for input from you guys.

I've played lvl 20 aff. lock for a few months this patch. I'm not a über warlock player but I can share my experiences and ideas about this. You may agree or not...

First of all I don't believe rotations in PvP. Rotation is a PvE thing. PvP is all about your decisions on critical moments imo.
You can find 'perfect' / 'top damage' DOT rotation with target dummy. This is not so hard. Will you find enough time to complete your perfect rotation? This is the question. You have spammable CC, this is the most important tool you have.

-Can you use your perfect DOT rotation when your team is getting destroyed by opposite teams burst?
You can do this with a couple of good healers in your team or in a premade group but in random games? No.
-Can you keep dotting people while survival huntards eating your team's healer or someone is about to capture your base?
-How many seconds can you live against Burst Classes? Will you live long enough to complete your rotation?

i use haunt for burst ...using Malefic Grasp opens u up to getting kicked in pvp which is not optimal..i feel at 29 u need an ability that enables u to burst down the enemy...if they have pocket heals eg disc ur going to have some issues as if ur using drain soul on a target which has bubble you won't be benefited as you wont be healed....if you going to down a target i recommend u use haunt and then spam UA's so you get the benefit of the 15% increased dmg..best thing about UAs healers only realise when it's too late..just dot everything once u have a target in mind use haunt and spam UAs if u get lucky and the target dies with the time haunt refreshes...just rinse and repeat...if u going against a Surv hunter i recommend u drain the intial burst then fear the pet then haunt spam UA's then continue draining him...GL

Maelific Graps is the best talent.

Try to have agony (and optionally corruption) on 3 targets if possible (to create soulshards for UA spam).
When bursting, have agony + corruption on target, get 4 UA's up, use drain soul. That's the highest burst you can do.

Other than that, it's basically just a feeling of when to dot and refresh agony + corruption, i.e. at <=4 seconds is ideal to refresh, but fit it in your rotation depending on situation. For instance, if you're about to get CC'd (you see someone cast poly/fear or whatever, and the duration will run out before you get out of the cc), then refresh them before the cc lands.

Try to not hold on to soulshard cap too much. Use your UA's, optimize your damage output.

Now, this is all damage, however, you should also fit in CC's depending on the situation. I.e I use succubus, so I can seduce 1 + fear another. That's 2 targets CC'd while I'm pumping.

If you want to fit in a fear during burst, do it immediately after the 3rd or 4th UA (depending on how many shards you have), and transition into drain soul directly after.

Sometimes spamming fear on a healer to interrupt cast as they rot / take dmg from others makes them die faster since you keep interrupting their casts.

Peel for your teammates if it means they'll live.

If you're in need of soulshards, see if you can snipe the assist on a killing blow by swapping your drain soul to a dying target for a brief moment. Every target that dies during drain soul will give you one soulshard.

Against targets with interrupts (CS, kick, pummel, windshear etc.), get your agony and corruption rolling before doing anything else, as they are guaranteed value. Anything else can be interrupted. Then proceed to cast / fake, or whatever you need to do.

I will test out haunt and see how it flows. I've been avoiding it because I already have trouble trying to keep all 3 dots up, but maybe it's the way to go. I find drain soul draws too much attention to me, I usually stay behind dotting up, but I'll try to use haunt + UA more often. I'll report back the results.

Lock main since I started playing 5-6 years ago. Walk up to a group fight> put UA up first. Not agony. Not corruption. UA first, followed by agony. Get UA and agony on at least two targets before you start spreading agony and corruption. You wouldn't believe how many healers dispel and silence themselves right at the beginning. Corruption isn't that important to keep up, but agony generates soul shards so put on multiple targets and skip corruption. You'll need to spend a lot of time fearing people off of your healers and yourself as well as interrupting their healers by fearing them.

If people on your team aren't focusing the enemy healer, drain soul will sometimes help them spot the healer. You can do things like dumping all your shards on their healer with UAs in order to bait the dispel and silence them.

Another thing I've learned is that some people die so quickly to survival hunters that you can haunt their targets at about half hp and get kills that way. The great thing about haunt is the way it resets it's CD after killing a target during it's debuff duration, so you can often use it 2-3 times in a row to a devastating effect.

Writhe is the only other talent I would use in BGs and it's only good for 40v40 BGs.

Users who are viewing this thread