advice for 70 two-man stealth team

Want to try a level 70 stealth 2 man team for Arena & BGs.

RAFed a druid & a Rogue to 60 and now leveling them to 70 (BC expansion only no WoTLK).

Looking for some Chardevs or Armorys that would be good to model after for each class (never played rogues & most of my druids have been 49 twinks).

Was curious if, for one of the duid specs, going Feral Kitty with Nuturing Instincs would be enough to help keep the duo up in short fights (I did this and had great fun being a surprise off healer in 49s). Thought that might be a fun combo for repeat ambushes in BGs and such with quick heals between the dual DPS ambushes from stealth.

Not sure on the othe druid spec if boomkin or tree or what is the way to go or what...

I looked through many threads on about 8 pages in the 70-79 bracket and didn't find any strong recomendations on stealth duos.

Any help would be appreciated...

i lawl when ever i see a moonkin in 70 rated arenas. havent faced a cat yet, and trees are OP when skilled/geared

I have done this, and I would advise against doing a rogue/druid stealth duo. The reason being that feral druids don't have the burst and PvP utility that would make them better than just having another rogue. If an endurance/attrition match occurs, a feral druid's heals won't be able to outlast the heals/dps of pretty much any other class. Also, a cat with comparable dps to a rogue won't have the stamina, armor, or utility to outlast pretty much any other class. The constant shapeshifting will make you go out of mana right away, and you'll be VERY vulnerable in caster form even when just using a quick instant cast. All the CC's a cat would have are fairly unreliable because of the amount of time and mana you will be spending just for a 1-2 second stun. In such a combo, if your druid is in bear form. . . their dps goes down the drain and the plan for a quick burst match goes out the window. There are simply too many things that can go wrong to ruin the match.

Falkor: ...and trees are OP when skilled/geared...

Dietz: ...I would advise against doing a rogue/druid stealth duo. ...feral druids...a feral druid's ...Also, a cat ... cat... In such a combo, if your druid is in bear form...

Thanks for the feedback guys...

Crap... Already done most of the work leveling the druid up... Hopefully I can salvage something out of the work done thus far (& I wanted to try the Druid)...

Dietz, You seem very strongly against the feral cat spec'ed Druid...

Do you think a boomkin or tree be a viable partner for the rogue? Obviously you would lose much of the burst but at least both can stealth. I may do a second rogue to have two rogues at some point but not up for that right now...

Falkor, You feel trees are OP when skilled/geared... Is a rogue a viable partner with a tree?

nodoze said:
Thanks for the feedback guys...

Crap... Already done most of the work leveling the druid up... Hopefully I can salvage something out of the work done thus far (& I wanted to try the Druid)...

Dietz, You seem very strongly against the feral cat spec'ed Druid...

Do you think a boomkin or tree be a viable partner for the rogue? Obviously you would lose much of the burst but at least both can stealth. I may do a second rogue to have two rogues at some point but not up for that right now...

Falkor, You feel trees are OP when skilled/geared... Is a rogue a viable partner with a tree?

you certainly dont have to scrap the druid. if you plan on doing pve you can roll as any of the 4 specs and do fine. but for pvp i would say tree or bust (if you have any interest in being a good/viable team). sure rogue/cat or rogue/moonkin could get your to 1500 or so, but it wont fly against higher rated comps.

like i said, i lol when i see a moonkin in arena, me and my rogue partner blow them away. sure typhoon is funny, and starfall/treants is ok...but they're dead before either of those two do any real damage.

the reason rogue/cat wouldnt do good is that a cat is just an underpowered rogue. it would be better to have rogue/rogue if you want double stealth dps team. a druid has one cat stun that barely lasts for any amount of time, and uses CP and costs energy to use (aka hard to use when you need it!). they also have roots, cyclone and bash but all those require shifting forms which eats time, mana, etc. nuturing instinct wont help in any real battle, especially since the 100% agi -> heal nerf. but even then heals as a cat cost too much mana to be effective. a double rogue team gives a lot more CC and potentially more burst too which the cat cant keep up with.

so...you dont have to abandon the druid. for serious 2v2 i would suggest getting tree gear and learning to like healing - trees are one of the best. for pve you can do what ever you want...balance, feral dps, bear tank, or even heal. so you'll have plenty of flexibility in raids or even regular BGs.

edit: oh and yes, rogue/resto druid can work. but tree/warrior is one of the best comps ( like dude ^ linked). or even a pally too.

feral druids dont really go oom any more much

feral druids have instant regrowth if you're smart and get 2pc t5

feral druids are just..awesome in bear form

Wow. Really good links to armory. That is exactly what I was looking for!

Great posts as to reasoning and such. Very good contributions gents.

Been going in circles... Can't seem to find the Brutal Gladiator Vendor...

===

edit: found vendor... Vendor Vixton netherstorm area 52. Also Vendor Krixel in Tanaris also.

Rest appear to be gone... checked almost all vendors listed in armory & in thottbot...

Here is a link to my armory: Díetz

Since I do battlegrounds more often than arena, I gear myself for the highest survivability. I have the majority of best-in-slots, however I lack some major ones like the Golden Staff to bring me to the resilience cap. Currently, I find PvP restoration is just too powerful to spec as a run-of-the-mill dpser. Rogue/Druid combo is definitely doable as restoration, however a few combos (Warrior/Druid) will be very difficult to beat if your rogue isn't spec'd and geared for incredible dps. Nine out of ten of the arena games I've played are just against random levelers, so it's probably splitting hairs.

My offspec is for tanking with a comparable gear set, and helps a lot to fix those little nuisances when doing raids and random heroics.

nodoze said:
Wow. Really good links to armory. That is exactly what I was looking for!

Great posts as to reasoning and such. Very good contributions gents.

Been going in circles... Can't seem to find the Brutal Gladiator Vendor...

===

edit: found vendor... Vendor Vixton netherstorm area 52. Also Vendor Krixel in Tanaris also.

Rest appear to be gone... checked almost all vendors listed in armory & in thottbot...

S2 merciless, S1 Gladiator, Veteran, and Vindicator gear are still in the game and are sold on the top floor of the armory on isle of quel danas. vendors:

Karynna

Kayri

Olus

Soryn

doing some arena for my weekly points i have run into a interesting bal-druid and rogue combo. the druid is the more gamebreaking I WIN in the combo

druid follows rogue in a sprint, rogue goes for sap, etc. and opens, as soon as rogue is in trouble or double jumped druid pops out of stealth, hits typhoon, trees, dots, etc. then due to +spellpower working for spell damage and healing....... heals as needed to

been awhile since i have seen them, they had a high MMR and when they beat our 800ish rated team they only would get few points and we would only lose 1 point

veterens gear is also sold in SW where all the other pvp gear is sold. but yes s1 & s2 vendors are on quel'danas & you get them via exchanging raid tokens.

@shanker....what is your comp, u guys wetaded? typhoon is ok, but the knockback isnt that great. and against our comp it really isnt that great since my partner can just shadow step and continue the butt pumping. trees are ok, but it eats a gcd & dont have good burst, just add sustained damage. starfall is ok but it's suppressed when they're stunned. and i can cleanse the dots, except i never have to cuz we just plow through the team and win. healing is a lot better since sp and healing was merged, but the heals are no where near as strong or mana efficient as a trees.

maybe its our skill, maybe its the enemys skill, maybe its our comp vs theres....but for some reason i have NEVER had a tough encounter with a boomkin.

"feral druids dont really go oom any more much

feral druids have instant regrowth if you're smart and get 2pc t5

feral druids are just..awesome in bear form"

uhhh yea they do. they still have lower mana pools, higher cost heals, and - even with nuturing instinct - weaker heals.

oh wow, instant regrowth /clap

bear form is not awesome. you need to spec into higher armor & SI...sure you have bash, frenzied regen and the like, but you also have low dps. while you're in bear form mauling ill kill your partner. if you shift out to heal you get repentanced. trinket? HoJ.

play which ever spec you want, but dont expect to get a very high rating using an offbeat spec or oddball comp

OMW to isle of Quel Danas to see what may be a good gearing plan until we can get Brutal for our duo.

If our main goal is PVP in BGs and doing at least the miniumum in Arenas (I really only plan to raid for gear we need to help a fellow twink get a particular upgrade), I was curious what people thought the best two professions to get to 450 are for the following:

Warrior: herbalism-lifeblood for self heal? & then engineering for toys/tricks?

Rogue: herbalism-lifeblood for self heal & then ? engineering for toys/tricks?

Druid-Tree:

Druid-Bear:

I kinda like the idea of Alchemy for the extra flask & potion benefits for BGs & maybe that flask that appears to be usable in arena...

Ultimately the profession benefits are negligible, so I would go for the ones that can make you money while you are PvPing. Enchanting and Jewelcrafting are particular favorites of mine, and both work best with raid/pvp gearing. You will be buying and cutting a lot of gems, and you will be getting and upgrading many different items. These two professions will help you the most in both of those areas, regardless of class. Engineering is a huge money sink just for 1-2 items, and it has almost no potential to make that money back. They are nice, but I do just fine without.

I am currently experimenting with alchemy, and it appears to be very profitable and convenient for Pvpers, especially since I go through potions like hunters go through ammo. Some of the best potions can be made with low level materials (Free Action Potion), and most players aren't aware they even exist. I don't like running around gathering herbs all day when I can be PvPing, so I buy everything. Since every server's inscriptionists like to charge random prices for their shit, this can be very hit and miss. I would pair this with one of the two professions above, unless you are fine with gathering herbs yourself.

I kind of stable my 80s to earn money and Power-Level/ farm gear for my & my bud's twinks so I never really use my twinks for stuff like that... Funny I still kind of consider my main my first 49 twink & alts my other 49 twinks though I can't really play them right now... I guess my acting main is my 60 paladin on a non-expansion account & my new alt/main will hopefully be my 70 rogue/druid combo once I get time to finish leveling & twink them...

In many ways you are right as I think Blizz did their best to level out with extra sockets for some, enchants for others, etc.

For some reason I really like engineering as it kind of makes me feel like batman with his wonderful toys... It also helps fill gaps on a missing dimension on certain classes/specs... For example, I really like being able to shoot a rocket on a class with no or limited range abilities. Priceless when that damn almost dead frost mage had me frozen for the umpteenth time & I was out of mana & I finished him off with the rocket (we were both almost dead & I was OOM and know he had to have been pissed when I popped the rocket) ... I really like being able to use rocket boots (or enchantment) on a class with no speed (or swapping boots in when sprint is on cool down). That and being able to parachute down to the mine in AB or when I forget that druids can friggen typhoon me off the cliff at the mill (or just want to glide with rockets etc)... I guess my favorite was being a 49 holy paladin & when everyone tried to gank me I would consecrate and heal-through as long as I could then bubble & pop a sapper-charge, holy shock, & maybe the lighting generator to opponents surprise... Usually a quick hammer was all it would take to finish off most people (or stun & exorcism/2nd holy-shock then hammer)...

I do think that having a ~3000 point self- heal on a non-healing class (rogue & warrior especially) is worthwhile & can see PVP value in alchemy as well.

Speed can be a huge factor also (though potions can do it also I prefer having both potions and boots).

Falkor said:
veterens gear is also sold in SW where all the other pvp gear is sold. but yes s1 & s2 vendors are on quel'danas & you get them via exchanging raid tokens.

@shanker....what is your comp, u guys wetaded? typhoon is ok, but the knockback isnt that great. and against our comp it http://www.twinkinfo.com/images/smilies/cool.gifreally isnt that great since my partner can just shadow step and continue the butt pumping. trees are ok, but it eats a gcd & dont have good burst, just add sustained damage. starfall is ok but it's suppressed when they're stunned. and i can cleanse the dots, except i never have to cuz we just plow through the team and win. healing is a lot better since sp and healing was merged, but the heals are no where near as strong or mana efficient as a trees. maybe its our skill, maybe its the enemys skill, maybe its our comp vs theres....but for some reason i have NEVER had a tough encounter with a boomkin.

guardian gear and one vindicator ring is sold in SW and Orgimmar. Veteran/Vindicator boots, belt, wrist. waist are sold at isle of quel danas.

comp is WTF-ever 70 i can get. i do only 10 games a week. i have a 70 hunter and rogue....2 teams. my 70 hunter usually ends up going in solo, have a occasional epic 70 warlock and hunter that hops between both my teams. i did have a killer mage awhile back as a team mate with my rogue. that was basiclly the team anchor. and my hunter had a S3 rogue for a team mate. those were 2 brief weeks when we averaged more wins than losses. those 2 were on a WOTLK account and got bored only being able to arena or get in on occasional BC-raids. also lose partners when they see there really is no chance in 2's. there are some comps you can't touch or even dent.

boomkins skill was good, like i said came in stealth, popped typhoon, trees, insects, farie fire, starting kiting around like a res druid does, with occasional moonfire on me and a HoT on his rogue partner, and hit invinerate, also hit NG, with 3 charges could get on or stay on druid. druid used trinket on my kidney shot. the trees it dropped took near 50% of my HP, to top that insect swarm, and 2 moon fires did the rest. i used my one CoS and Vanish and it failed, i did use blind, but died from the DoT. i was not solo in this fight, my partner was insta wiped by the rogue and trees. and the trees then turned on me, but helped me get out of one NG.

only other class other than mages and priests really over the top in 70 2's is enhance shaman. they get lucky with the AoE totem, drop the wolves which, stun you and heal the shaman, and shaman goes into 40% sprint mode, also with beserking with attacks and drop 4 totems is like i win. so only hope is to sprint and get a sap. but with one player not being able to stealth the shamans often just do all that at the start

anyway....i never claimed to be pro, just want to upgrade my S2 to S4, that's it and do BGs like i do now. remember it's guys like me helping teams who have solid comps and gear get their stats and ratings also.

i saw some rare arena kindness for the first time last week, some teams figured out that i was solo. one would step off and i went 1 vs 1. if i killed one, then the other would finish my remaining health. anyway i thought that was pretty cool of them.

guardian > veteran, so just stay in SW.

find the druid or rogue...sap rogue, search for druid and CS before he typhoons. trees arent that good. KS or blind during starfall, it supresses it then finish with stun lock. kick a wrath and he'll be locked out of is, wrath, and heals. starfire is painfully slow cast. CC the rogue while u take out druid then mop up. gettin a good partner is key, below 1500 you're only gettin 261 pts a week and that'll take forever for s4, glhf

Sounds to me like you just need to find a reasonable teammate. Tell us some info about yourself, and we can see if we can hook you up with some intelligent players. In the meantime, focus not on winning or gear, but improving your play skills each match.

Users who are viewing this thread