Advanced Macro Guide for Classic WoW. Series; 2/9|Warlock|

KPI

Vengeful Gladiator
Hello, I will be starting a Series of guides that will focus on Advanced Class Specific Macros.
*This Guide is for the simplified basic users, who may not know the capability of their class in classic WoW and focuses on turning you into a Rank14 Grand Marshal/High Warlord from a Basic level 10 Boar Slaying Human.
Advanced macro guide..png

After placing the macro you can reference it in other macros with the following:
1|
Code:
/run UseAction(37)
2|
Code:
/run UseAction(37) CastSpellByName("shadow bolt(Rank 4)")

*Using Trinkets / Inventory Items
Vanilla doesn’t have support for /use command etc. that exists in retail unless you use an addon for it. To use equipment with right click functionality you need to know the slotID.

This example will use the trinket in your top slot:

Code:
/run UseInventoryItem(13)
inventoryslots.jpg

The command for using an item in your first bag slot (for example a bandage) on yourself is the following:

Code:
/run UseContainerItem(1, 1, 1)

bagid.png

slotnumber.png

Bandage self with Autoselfcasting disabled
This macro works without any addons and you can have the bandage placed anywhere in your bags.

It looks for items with the word “Bandage” in your bags starting in bag 0 so if the macro uses the wrong bandage before the Heavy Runecloth, move Heavy Runecloth into bag 0 (your backpack). Here is a list with bandages it should work with:
bandage.png

It works with autoselfcasting disabled in options.
Auto Self Cast with the interface option disabled
autoselfcastdisabled.jpg

Code:
/run TargetUnit("player")function u(n)for b=0,4 do for s=1,GetContainerNumSlots(b)do a=GetContainerItemLink(b,s)if a then if string.find(a,n)then UseContainerItem(b,s,1)return end end end end end u("Bandage")TargetLastTarget()

Warlock:
Warlock DoT rotation – Apply dots when needed
Example:
Curse of Agony = Spell_Shadow_CurseOfSargeras
Corruption = Spell_Shadow_AbominationExplosion
Siphon Life = Spell_Shadow_Requiem

Order Alternative a) 1) Corruption, 2) Curse of Agony, 3) Siphon Life
Code:
/run c=CastSpellByName function b(k)for i=1,16 do if strfind(tostring(UnitDebuff("target",i)),k)then return 1 end end end if not b("ionExp")then c("Corruption(Rank 6)")elseif not b("eOfSar")then c("Curse of Agony(Rank 6)")else c("Siphon Life(Rank 4)")end

Order alternative b) 1) Siphon Life, 2) Corruption, 3) Curse of agony
Code:
/run c=CastSpellByName function b(k)for i=1,16 do if strfind(tostring(UnitDebuff("target",i)),k)then return 1 end end end if not b("w_Requ")then c("Siphon Life(Rank 4)")elseif not b("ionExp")then c("Corruption(Rank 6)")else c("Curse of Agony(Rank 6)")end

Order alternative c) 1) Siphon Life, 2) Curse of agony, 3) Corruption
Code:
/run c=CastSpellByName function b(k)for i=1,16 do if strfind(tostring(UnitDebuff("target",i)),k)then return 1 end end end if not b("w_Requ")then c("Siphon Life(Rank 4)")elseif not b("eOfSarg")then c("Curse of Agony(Rank 6)")else c("Corruption(Rank 6)")end

Dumb dot rotation
1. Siphon Life(Rank 4)
2. Curse of Agony(Rank 6)
3. Corruption(Rank 6)
4. Immolate(Rank 4)
Code:
/run s={"Siphon Life(Rank 4)","Curse of Agony(Rank 6)","Corruption(Rank 6)","Immolate(Rank 4)"} if q==nil then q=0 end q=q+1 if q>getn(s)then q=1 end CastSpellByName(s[q])

Pet Macros:
Succubus Seduce
Upon use, the macro will Focus your target, and have your succubus Seduce it. When used for the second time, and your Focused target, i.e. the Seduction target, is alive, it will re-seduce it, regardless of what your current target is. It will not focus your current target, and seduce that; it will re-seduce it’s focused target. If used during Seduction, it will break the seduction and re-seduce the focused target. If clicked while “Alt” is being pressed, it will cancel the previous focus and assign a new focus on your current target.
Code:
#show Seduction

/clearfocus [modifier:alt]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]; [target=focus,dead]
/clearfocus [target=focus,help]
/petstay
/petfollow
/stopcasting
/cast [pet:succubus,target=focus,exists,harm] Seduction; Seduction

Succubus Seduce (Without breaking current focus)

If you use focus for other things, this macro will help you keep your focus target, while seducing. Either right or left click to seduce first time. Left click to re-seduce. Right click to change target and seduce that instead. If you left click before seduce is over it will break seduce and re-seduce in one go. If you let seduce run out the succubus will attack that mob. If your succubus is fighting something and you left click it will try to its current target, right click if you want it to seduce something else.
Code:
#showtooltip seduction

/stopmacro [nopet:succubus]
/petfollow
/petattack [target=pettarget]
/cast [button:1,target=pettarget] Seduction
/cast [button:2,target=playertarget] Seduction

Felhunter Devour Magic

Left clicking will Devour Magic off your current target. Right clicking will devour it off you.
Code:
/cast [button:2,target=player] Devour Magic; Devour Magic

Felhunter Spell Lock
This macro will Spell Lock your pets target if he has one, or yours if he doesn’t.
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [target=pettarget, harm] [] Spell Lock

Voidwalker Shield/Fel Domination/Summon Voidwalker
This will Sacrifice your VW, Cast Fel Domination, and then summon another VW. Will only work in combat.

Code:
#showtooltip

/stopmacro [nocombat]
/stopmacro [nopet:voidwalker]
/cast [pet:voidwalker] Sacrifice
/cast fel domination
/stopcasting
/cast summon voidwalker

Fel Domination Summoning/Soul Link
This macro will summon your imp with a normal cast. If you already have an imp summoned, it will cast Soul Link. If you are in combat and have any pet OTHER than the imp (which is alive), it will cast Fel Domination and summon the imp. You can force the macro to not cast Fel Dom by holding down any modifier key. This macro can be changed for your other pets by replacing the pet:imp and Summon Imp with the appropriate pets (felhunter, felguard, voidwalker, succubus).
Code:
#showtooltip

/cast [pet:imp,nodead] Soul Link
/cast [combat,nomodifier] Fel Domination
/stopcasting [combat,nomodifier]
/cast Summon Imp

Pet attack totems
Arena macro for targeting shaman totems are highest importance then sending a pet to attack it. This will change your target. Obviously you can modify this to your own liking. Put the most important totem last. This will change your target since it does not utilize focus.

Code:
/tar Windfury Totem;/tar Earthbind Totem;/tar Mana Tide Totem;/tar Tremor Totem;/tar Grounding Totem;/petattack;

*If anyone has anything to add please post below and I will add to Official edit.

A very useful macro while leveling if specced into improved drain soul to get rid of all those soul shards

/run i="Soul Shard"d=GetItemCount(i)-4 for x=0,4 do for y=1,GetContainerNumSlots(x) do if (d>0) then l=GetContainerItemLink(x,y) if l and GetItemInfo(l)==i then PickupContainerItem(x,y) DeleteCursorItem() d=d-1 end end end end

Mine is set to keep 4 but you can change the number to however many you want to keep.

Edited for spelling.

Hello! Do I need any addon to use Warlock DoT rotation in WoW Classic 1.13?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread