Achievement points! (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Achievement Points matter? They make you better in this game? Do they give you stats? Why would people devote their 19 twinks to get achievement points? Am I missing something?

It shows that you have dedication, you work hard to get to your goals, and you do not give up. Some top end guilds require a certain amount of achievment points to join. There are multiple reasons.

Top end twinking guilds require this?

Wouldn't raid progression/arena rbg rating/gear show your dedication and above all skill?

No, not top end twinking guilds. back in wrath there was a 12/12 guild that wanted like 9750 achiev points to get in. Progression etc does not show dedication, it shows how good the other 24 players are, you can get a good arena rating the first day and camp it all season. Gear is handed to you. Has nothing to do with your dedication.

Ok, so why would twinks want achievement points?

Im in a high end guild on my 85 and I don't whore for achievements, neither does anyone else.

Daike said:

Im in a high end guild on my 85 and I don't whore for achievements, neither does anyone else.

It`s called "choice". Why you, or anyone else in a top guild, may want to raid for 4-5 nights a week to gear up an 85 and to see some bosses, others may find this a borefest or chore. Or maybe they have been doing that for 4-5 years already and it started to wear thin years ago.

It`s about "pimping out" your character, making it the best it can possibly be. Pushing the limits for what a char of a certain level can do. For me (I achieve hunt at 39 rather than 19 personally), half of the fun is trying to find out what is achievable and what can be done as opposed to just purely grinding them out.

It`s peoples choice what they do. If you can`t understand that, I have trouble seeing why you would want to even twink either. In which case why are you posting on a twink site?

Daike said:

to pimp ur twink out. Some ppl find it fun to do achievs.. and isnt this game about having fun?

And why is it fun to do achs on a twink? well u cant rlly explain that since its most of the time a personal opinion

Ok, so basically for fun.

Dooby of course it's someones choice but it doesn't reflect on a players skill if they could open up their achievement tab and go for the first achievement they see.

I don't go for achievements on any toon, twink or not. It's a new addition to the game and the fact that it was copied from Xbox makes me less attracted to achievements.

Daike said:

Dooby of course it's someones choice but it doesn't reflect on a players skill if they could open up their achievement tab and go for the first achievement they see.

I don't go for achievements on any toon, twink or not. It's a new addition to the game and the fact that it was copied from Xbox makes me less attracted to achievements.

Who said anything about achievements requiring "skill"? Skill is such a horribly subjective word anyways, it means something different to every single person.

Daike said:

it reflects a type of skill. The skill to whore achievement points.

Its been in the game for 2 1/2 years now.

The concept of achievements in video games was birthed long before Xbox.

no one claims that having a lot of achievement points is the mark of a player with a high level of PVP skill.

Video games is about having fun. If what makes me having fun on WoW is achieving, I don't see we anyone could be against it.

I like it, I do it, and who cares. I never said, you see 2k pts, I'm pro. I just think achievement pts show dedication, but that's it (also on a extremely limited scale anyway)

Secclusion said:
it reflects a type of skill. The skill to whore achievement points.

So you enjoy showing people that your are the best level 19 achievement whore? Of all things pointless this is truly pointless.

1skg.jpg

Bottom line is that I have no respect for achievement whores. WoW in general is a waste of time, but even this is way too wasteful. & your a hunter lol

Have fun whoring your life away.

Daike said:
So you enjoy showing people that your are the best level 19 achievement whore? Of all things pointless this is truly pointless.

1skg.jpg

Bottom line is that I have no respect for achievement whores. WoW in general is a waste of time, but even this is way too wasteful. & your a hunter lol

Unlike you I don't waste my time with things that I do not respect or in places that I am not wanted.

I also have a thorough understanding of the uses of your and you're.

But, YOU'RE in luck b/c there's no achievement points for trolling.

Also in the case of 30-39 achievers here in the EU, we don`t get locked-xp games at the moment. Achieve "whoring" is a good way of still playing and using our twinks rather than them just sitting there collecting dust.

Also who cares if you don`t have respect for achievement hoarders? We care about that about as much as you care about us :)

Daike said:

1skg.jpg

Why do you even bother to post anyway then? Why did you even bother to click the thread AT FIRST?

You waste your time telling us it's wasting our time and how (you think) we're no-lifer because we achievement whore. Who's the biggest loser of time in this story?

P.S: Taking 1 hour of my time doing a WSG or 1 hour doing achievement is the exact same hour.

Daike said:

1skg.jpg

Wait what? You can say that everything is a waste of time, for example you posting here for kinda no reason. You play something cause it's fun. This is maybe not the right thing for you but you should have respect for those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread