account suspension

i was playing a level 10 rogue on a trial account... when, today i have recived a mail from blizz that the account is suspended 24 hours because someone else tried to enter on that account... password changed , etc...

i play on a old windows with no anti-virus etc...

good thing it was a trial account... still... i liked that rogue :( - just won a duel at level 9 against a level 13 warr :)

I've had a keylogger and that exact same situation before. It happened less than two months after I first started as a matter of fact.

Here's what I did:

1) I wrote Blizzard an angry email. It was still focused on the situation, but I was very clear in my dissatisfaction. I expressed the fact that I was not abusing the WoW economy and that I pay $15 a month and expect much better results.

Blizzard responded first with a copy + paste email restating why my account was closed and an apology for any inconvenience. I responded again with much sterner language and this time I got a response detailing the resetting of my password, the reopening of my account, and a bunch of security suggestions. No apology, but problem solved.

2) I haven't physically typed my password once since my first incident. I copied and pasted individual letters from web pages in order to form my new passwords and saved them in text documents. I copy and paste my passwords every time I log in and haven't had a problem since.

When you say you have your main account frozen for a year, you mean you had it frozen or Blizzard did it?

I got an email from Blizz saying my account was going to be banned because it was being sold. Now, I haven't been on my account in over 2 months so I call Blizz up and send them dozens of emails. Turns out the email was a fake, I was to hasty in reading the topic that I didn't see the sender. (Blizzard@gmail.com) it was fake and probably contained a keylogger. Scanned my comp with Malware and Avast!, sure enough I had about 14 Trojans on my comp.

Not fun at all.

~Zuty

Users who are viewing this thread