ab vs sf

assassins blade with firey vs shadowfang with firey with shadow oil on them

which would put out more dps in OH

considering shadow oil dosent have a ppm and procs 15% chance on every hit for rank 3 shadow bolt

You want us to compare a daggers DPS to a swords DPS?

99% of the time a sword will do more DPS then a dagger. Look at their base damage, then look at the fact shadowfang has a proc on it already, then look at speeds, that's all you need to look at, nothing more.

Also lolled at s.oil not having a PPM, every item has a PPM, its a crunched/estimated number of how many times people will expect it to proc not how many times its forced to.

I pretty much anwsered your question, shadowfang would do much more damage, got this info from wowhead.

Melee hits: 311

Yellow hits: 189

Total hits: 500

Shadow Bolt procs: 32 (6.4% of total hits)

SB misses: 7 (21,8% of total SB procs)

SB % of total dmg done: 2.9% for an avg of 50dmg per hit.

Another post also said the proc rate is about 15%.

McBankington said:
You want us to compare a daggers DPS to a swords DPS?

99% of the time a sword will do more DPS then a dagger. Look at their base damage, then look at the fact shadowfang has a proc on it already, then look at speeds, that's all you need to look at, nothing more.

Also lolled at s.oil not having a PPM, every item has a PPM, its a crunched/estimated number of how many times people will expect it to proc not how many times its forced to.

Not everything is PPM. Please dont speak like youre some authority figure when in fact youre clearly not.

he's asking if a 15% proc rate would overcome the damage on a faster weapon and the answer in this case is no.

[ITEM]Assassin's Blade[/ITEM] = avg dmg = 29.5/swing (hit of course)

[ITEM]Shadowfang[/ITEM] = avg dmg = 48/swing (hit of course)

lets say you timed the differnce over 1 min (60 sec)

AB = 1.9 sec/swing = 31.6 swings in 1 min = 932.2 dmg

SF = 2.7 sec/swing = 22.2 swings in 1 min = 1065.6 dmg

now take 15% of amount of swings when Shadowbolt rank 3 = 48-56 dmg = 52 avg

AB = 31.6 swings = 4.74 procs = 246.48 dmg from shadow oil

SF = 22.2 swings = 3.33 procs = 173.16 dmg from shadow oil

total damage from both swins + shadow oil over 1 min?

AB = 932.2 (swings) + 246.48 (shadow bolt) = 1178.68

SF = 1065.6 (swings) + 173.16 (shadow bolt) = 1238.76

of course that's a hit with every OH swing, but you see my point.

now.. does the AB damage surpass the SF damage over time? idk and i'm too tired to think atm, but I think that's the jist of what you were looking for, yea?

Blizzard did normalize all proc% per speed back in BC. Proc % does exist though. PPM is a set amount of procs per minute. Proc % is the chance a hit has to proc /(some math thingy with weapon speed involved.)

In other words haste and SnD increase proc % as well as hit.

While PPM is only affected by haste and will not increase with hit bonuses.

Crilicilyn said:
Blizzard did normalize all proc% per speed back in BC. Proc % does exist though. PPM is a set amount of procs per minute. Proc % is the chance a hit has to proc /(some math thingy with weapon speed involved.)

In other words haste and SnD increase proc % as well as hit.

While PPM is only affected by haste and will not increase with hit bonuses.

ahh. was that the same patch as poisons being normalized w/ wep speed? which caused most 29 twinks to throw that fast OH wep away for a better one?

Mazurati said:
ahh. was that the same patch as poisons being normalized w/ wep speed? which caused most 29 twinks to throw that fast OH wep away for a better one?

Only some Poisons were normalized CP, DP and Anesthetic Poison(whoever uses that) still have a fixed 50% Procc Chance

Falaris said:
Not everything is PPM.

QFT, for instance fiery blaze* enchant is not PPM, it has a 15% proc chance. Red Whelp Gloves are not PPM, they have a 5% chance. etc.

*Not fiery weapon, its a different enchant entirely

it was the same patch that normalized poisons.

When I first got my red whelp gloves as kore kindly posted I didn't have my first SF and was running around with the AB i found lol. After switching to SF the proc change was sooo different I didn't use it again until that patch came out.

Users who are viewing this thread