A Note to Blizzard

Gorillamode

Legend
Blizzard's post a week ago about the state of imbalance in low level pvp was both a warm hug and a terrifying omen of what may be to come. On the one hand it was nice to see that the overlord's were aware of what's happening in the lower level brackets (I think there may have been a few posts on the forums).On the other hand, I can't help but remember some of Blizzard's other answers to balance issues (they are mostly completely out of touch with what is actually the problem.)

I have some extra time these days, and I figured I would put together a compendium of suggestions for Blizzard to help balance out the lower brackets. I will be looking at everything from stat allocation on available gear to BOA's to the levels at which certain classes and specializations earn certain abilities. I will be trying to taking into account literally everything I can.

I want to hear from you guys, the pros of the lower levels. The ones who are down in the trenches every fight night, banning abilities for the good of the bracket, calling each other fags, and mashing buttons on your favorite toons. You all know better than Blizzard what exactly is needed, whether or not you all know exactly how to articulate it.

Here’s what I am looking for:

the three most powerful DPS classes, a short summary of why

the powerful Healing classes, a short summary of why

the three least powerful classes/specs, a short summary of why

the three most powerful abilities, a short summary of why

Do you agree or disagree with what someone else in the thread has said, and why?

Try to keep it somewhat civil, but don’t worry about derailing. All information is relevant whether it is on topic or off. Have fun!

For the sake of getting it rolling, I'll go ahead and go first.

The three most powerful DPS classes in the 29 bracket:

1.) Hunter - Excellent ranged mobile damage. Survival has HP levels approaching tanks. Marks has the possibility of 100-0 burst. BM has excellent damage split between hunter and pet. The class has lots of baseline, non-spec specific control options: An interrupt/disorient on a short CD, a ranged snare with a longer duration than CD, and a short CD escape mechanic.

2.) Rogue (Subtlety) - High damage and reasonable mobility, 70% snare, the advantage of stealth, sap, vanish. The ability to reset fights if not dotted. Utility is in line with other classes, but being an agility based class gives rogue critical strike levels most other classes won't touch, which obviously raises their potential damage. I am the only feral druid I've seen and I'm not all that geared (or good with the toon yet) so I can't really comment yet, but they seem like a poor man's sub rogue, though potentially in the same bracket of OPness.

3.) Ret Paladin - Crusader strike does excellent damage, the longer a fight goes the more damage they are able to unload. Hammer of Justice > Crusader Strike > Exorcism Spam is crazy damage.

The most powerful healing class in the 29 bracket:

1.) Holy Paladin - Good instant healing, high armor/high HP. As a melee class this healer can give me trouble if I don't time my 1min CD interrupt just right, and even then I will often just have to get a lucky FB crit. Healing successfully without resil at this level seems to really be dependent on how good your teammates are at peeling and CCing for you, which I am a fan of in certain respects.

The three least powerful classes/specs in the 29 bracket:

1.) Affliction warlock - Affliction's single target damage is laughably low without haunt, drain life has been nerfed so far into the ground it almost seems like a better idea to run behind something, and the void bubble absorbs a pitiful amount of damage when stacked up against physical DPS classes. Rotating fears can be a blessing to your team, but under any pressure it seems like warlocks just fold without their old self healing.

2.) Arms warrior - Damage is great, but mobility is horrendous, and other than the healing debuff (which really only shines in healer mana wars) they bring zero utility to the table that another class doesn't bring better.

3.) Resto Druid - Hot's take forever and a day to get rolling, and in such a bursty bracket with such little resilience even their great mobility won't usually save them. Have not seen too many of these, just my perceptions from leveling BG's before shutting off XP.

The three most powerful abilities in the 29 bracket:

1.) Concussive shot - low energy cost, shorter CD than duration, 50% ranged snare. A good hunter can dance in and out of 40 yards, keeping even other ranged from touching them with anything other than instant casts, all of which do far less damage than the hunter's own.

2.) Disengage - Low CD escape mechanism, can cover even more distance by good use of terrain, can still use abilities in the air once GCD is up. The only ability that trumps this is blink, and only because it breaks stuns.

3.) Crippling Poison - Only 70% snare in the bracket, applied via auto and/or special melee attacks, has a very long duration (12 seconds). It's only weakness is that it can be dispelled with items made through First Aid, however unless the rogue is CC'd when dispelled it will most likely be reapplied instantly.

░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄

░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█

░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█ ░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█ █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█ █░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█ ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█ ░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█ ░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█ ░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█ ░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█ ░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█ ░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

Few corections for you before i et rolling (if i get rolling) on a list of my own.

Conc shot has no cost. just a cooldown

strong Anti-venom is no longer available to craft, the large venom sacks were removed form the game with cata, so those that have some left need to keep in mind that you will not get anymore.

ret pally is fine l2kite

randythehero said:
░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄

░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█

░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█ ░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█ █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█ █░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█ ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█ ░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█ ░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█ ░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█ ░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█ ░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█ ░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

For 19s atleast i would say resto shaman is the worst class along with locks and warriors

In all serious "twinking" as a whole was never balanced for low level pvp.

If they fix anything it wont be for the twinks TBH. It will be for the levelers going to end game.

But hunters are pretty op just in levelings boas. But blizzard will just say thats another reason to go to end game.

Franchi said:
Few corections for you before i et rolling (if i get rolling) on a list of my own.

Conc shot has no cost. just a cooldown

strong Anti-venom is no longer available to craft, the large venom sacks were removed form the game with cata, so those that have some left need to keep in mind that you will not get anymore.

ret pally is fine l2kite

Thank you!

Warcraftnick said:
In all serious "twinking" as a whole was never balanced for low level pvp.

If they fix anything it wont be for the twinks TBH. It will be for the levelers going to end game.

But hunters are pretty op just in levelings boas. But blizzard will just say thats another reason to go to end game.

I agree, though it has never been in such a silly state, with possibly the exception of the 49 bracket in Wrath (lawlburst)

What are your thoughts on the imbalances on your bracket?

Alright I guess I'll begin with my write-up. I'll post the first draft here for you all to read and offer feedback to!

Users who are viewing this thread