US A Major Activity Push

Conq

For many reasons activity in the bracket has been decreasing lately, I'm not going to get into that for a simple reason; For success you need to focus on the solution, not the problem (A lesson I learned from a wonderful book series called "The Sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind).

Now boosting Activity

is not hard once you have the formula
, platform, the resources, and the help (trust me i'm pretty good at this activity thing) - ANYWAY - Activity is dependent on community interest, if the community is not interested the bracket dies, Bye bye bracket. Now we don't want the bracket to die (maybe some of us just want to watch the bracket burn???) HOWEVER! Most of us don't consciously kill the bracket, and by that I mean not queuing kills the bracket, now you are conscious of it. Even so most of us don't mess with that bracket killing stuff, so that means the people who really want to see this bracket be great, need to do things that interest the community as a whole, what is that you ask? Streamers, Exposure, Events, and Funding, its that simple, allocating and managing these things appropriately can lead to a very intentional and massive increase in activity, and regardless of what anyone thinks; it has done intentionally as well as methodically in the past, and we can make it happen again.

As a some-what separate issue;

Some of you still harbor ill feelings towards me, and to an extent I don't blame anyone for that, the atmosphere that took hold behind the scenes was very real, and very toxic, I caused a large amount of that and I am truly sorry that I tore the community asunder in such a way. Yet I think my sin would be doubled if I don't do everything I can to help compensate for the stress I put on the community, however the very real paradox I face is that I can't do what I do best without the community behind me.

Making the Push, how you can help.

Streaming - Stream, if you are a 19 twink, stream as often as possible, promote XP Off, and the bracket, funding, and events as often as possible. Any streamer can ask for the NWL stream key and stream casual or competitive PvP, at any time.

Funding - GG19 could use some serious help at this point, we have been going for near on a year. With the twinkcup and other circumstances as welll as legion, I would really love to orchestrate a major funding push, but I don't have the large amount of funds necessary at this point, we need more donations.

Exposure - Sending an Email to the 26,000 XP Off Users will help, but the real point of exposure for twinks comes from Streaming, and promoting the community threw your stream, if you've got questions about how to do that, ask.

Events - The NWL cannot be the only structure setting up events other people should set up small scale events, or even larger ones. If the community is interested I will announce a third season of the nineteens Wargaming league in a month or so, it will be very differently structured, it would be only a month long and may include a small fee for teams, and a small prize pool derived from that entry fee. HOWEVER the NWL cannot be the only source of Wargames leading up to the twinkcup, WE NEED TEAMS TO PLAY EACH OTHER OUTSIDE OF THE NWL, The NWL cannot be a crutch.

That being said I need people who are willing to take on the duties much like HB, and Muskie have had for the NWL, I need more people able to stream, commentate, manage overlays and more, If this thread gets a good response I will put out an NWL recruitment thread. Season three will not happen without sufficient support/staff, even if your on the nwl staff, I need to know if your interested in helping still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. Was hoping somebody would get the energy going. If every able person in this bracket just put in 10-20% more effort towards growing this community - theres no telling where we could be in a year or so. Also to add to what Conq said.. Lets say you're not the Leader type and cant form events or stream, or dont have gold to donate to GG19 - I think even the small deeds go a super long way too.
-Welcome the new faces to the bracket
-Help gear the new 19s you see running around
-Offer advice/Direct them to Xpoff.com & Streams
-Dont just stop queuing for a week because of unbalanced games..

I only play 19 twinks when someone streams cuz I feel alone if no one streams

I would love to help 19s.

20s is going pretty well atm with wargames and just in general pvp/events.

That being said though, STARTER's TC team will be ready soon and i will be looking to set up some guild v guilds or even any real id teams to queue against.

@Conq when we start doing this very soon ill probably stream it so if you want just give me the stream key or ill do it on my own stream.

I think that HB is undeniably the biggest single factor for 19s going out and playing bgs on a daily basis, but just because he is having some down time and is just taking is slow atm doesnt mean that 19s just stop.

Trying to pitch my 2 cents on this bracket even though I mainly put my efforts into 20s. That being said, if 19s is looking slow for a while come to 20s and get into the wargames. PM me or add my btag manyy#1401. Everyone has been trying 39s and 60s and the 19s got spread too thin, so if it doesnt hurt also come try out 20s.

I would love to help 19s.

20s is going pretty well atm with wargames and just in general pvp/events.

That being said though, STARTER's TC team will be ready soon and i will be looking to set up some guild v guilds or even any real id teams to queue against.

@Conq when we start doing this very soon ill probably stream it so if you want just give me the stream key or ill do it on my own stream.

I think that HB is undeniably the biggest single factor for 19s going out and playing bgs on a daily basis, but just because he is having some down time and is just taking is slow atm doesnt mean that 19s just stop.

Trying to pitch my 2 cents on this bracket even though I mainly put my efforts into 20s. That being said, if 19s is looking slow for a while come to 20s and get into the wargames. PM me or add my btag manyy#1401. Everyone has been trying 39s and 60s and the 19s got spread too thin, so if it doesnt hurt also come try out 20s.
I'll send you my stream key, you can use it for any bracket, the goal of the nwl stream is to be used for exposure for the entire xpoff playstytle

I'll be honest. I'm fucking tired of the state of games. Queue all night for one maybe two quality games and get gy farmed for the rest because people would rather queue horde with 5+ In call than make any attempt to have balanced games

Last edited:
We're going through some hiccups in terms of activity, but the bracket has always pushed through these hiccups and has come out stronger on the other side. It's up to us as a community to make sure this happens again.

I see a bright future for 19s. ;)

It'd be really helpful if the site had a feature where people could report pops for each bracket. Would give us a solid peak time for each day of the week; coordinating queues would be much easier.

We're going through some hiccups in terms of activity, but the bracket has always pushed through these hiccups and has come out stronger on the other side. It's up to us as a community to make sure this happens again.

I see a bright future for 19s. ;)

I just noticed your signature, it blew my mind... Who drew that!? :O

HB taking a break is like a headshot to the bracket. Getting a small amount of people to play 60's is not a major factor but the fact that a good amount of the top players from 19's play it way more than 19's it seems to hurt the bracket for balance. Just my opinion and yes I haven't done a WSG in a week or so, so that doesn't help either D:

In my recent experience playing 19s, there are a couple of factors that really hurt consistent pug activity. The first factor is that plebmades were making pops stop a couple of hours early every night. I don't know whether that is still happening. The second factor is people playing 60s. However, this fad should be over within a few weeks, and the pops should resume more consistently.

In my recent experience playing 19s, there are a couple of factors that really hurt consistent pug activity. The first factor is that plebmades were making pops stop a couple of hours early every night. I don't know whether that is still happening. The second factor is people playing 60s. However, this fad should be over within a few weeks, and the pops should resume more consistently.

Spot on. Unfortunately for those who enjoy 60s, odds are its just another passing "bracket revival" and after one week of not having enough people to get a WSG going, it will die (at least for a while).

Yeah I don't see 60's lasting for long, was just something to break off to and get out of 19's to see something new.

Was my oldest bracket I've played in and it's nice to see it active again for the time being.

Can only really pray4legion. Pugs atm are extremely boring and needs some fresh changes

Users who are viewing this thread