Ã￾DDQD 2.0 level 70 Frostwhisper EU (H)

Satina , Would you Prefferably for this fight stack alot of dodge or in my case stack stamina i'm really curious

I appreciate the recruitment effort, and while I'm spoken for, I will offer my advice on something you guys might be interested in pursuing.

The minimum number of seventies that Brutallus can be defeated with is six as far as I can tell. It requires over 20.000 raid DPS to beat his enrage timer. I've asserted that a caster focused group will perform better in this scenario, and it's planned out with 4.3 in mind (where Blood, Holy and Destro are buffed). It should be self evident that everyone in the group must have close to BiS gear and be capable of executing a proper rotation. Now, on to the specifics:

The only tank capable of solo tanking Brutallus is a DK. Their ridiculous damage also helps meet the enrage timer, and the benefit of one tank on Brutallus is that they will be vengeance capped, increasing raid DPS even further. The healer must be a Holy Paladin. Having a taunt is critical to this fight, and paladins perform well by being able to keep the tank and burn targets up at the same time though Beacon. Any spare time can be used to spam Exorcism, which can help soften the enrage timer.

The DPS group consists of an Ele Shaman, Boomkin, Destro Lock and Arcane Mage. They provide for each other and their healer all the buffs a caster could want (as well as most melee buffs for the tank), while having very high individual damage output. These classes also posses abilities that help counter Meteor Slash and Burn.

bruts.png

Burn - heal through it (mage and paladin can block / bubble it). The paladin should prefer spirit over crit and haste, allowing him to spam FoL for max HpS. Several of the DPS take reduced damage from Burn (Moonkin Form - 15% / Elemental Warding - 12% / Nether Ward - 30%). With several burn targets and a sole tank for Brutallus, healing will be intense. The stomp armor debuff can be healed through - nothing can prevent it. Meteor Slash hits Brutallus' target with 12 second intervals (sometimes up to 14 if he delays it by casting Burn). It will require minute timing to execute this, and while I'm not certain it's possible in practice, I'm throwing it out there.

AMS prevents a stack of Meteor Slash from applying while also soaking part of the damage - this is why DKs can solo tank it. During the 40 seconds it takes for the debuff to fall off, the boss will cast three Meteor Slashes. One is soaked by AMS, while the two other are soaked by the raid.

Here the comes the hard part, and the reasoning behind the positions outlined above. Once the DK has reached two stacks of Meteor Slash, he uses AMS for the next one. The following (and this is where I'm unsure if it's possible in practice) is soaked by the paladin taunting the boss immediately before the cast (causing him and the lock to soak the slash), with the DK taunting him back immediately after. The next Meteor Slash is handled in the same way. The druid taunts Brut and soaks it along with the mage and shaman. The tanks stacks have now dropped, and the cycle starts over.

Here is a detailed timeline:

0 seconds - First slash, DK is hit for 17.3k - gets one stack with 40 seconds remaining.

12 seconds - Second slash, DK uses Bone Shield to mitigate the 30.2k hit (24k with Bone Shield). He now has two stacks with 40 seconds remaining.

24 seconds - Third slash, DK uses AMS and Vampiric Blood to survive the 43.2k hit. He still has two stacks with 28 seconds remaining.

36 seconds - Fourth slash, pala and lock soaks with Nether Ward + Divine Protection. DK has two stacks with 16 seconds remaining.

48 seconds - Fifth slash, druid soaks (Bear + Barkskin) along with shaman and mage (Stoneclaw / Mana Shield if needed). DK has two stacks with 4 seconds remaining.

60 seconds - Sixth slash, DK dropped his stacks and the cycle begins anew. He now has one stack with 40 seconds remaining.

Bone Shield will be ready for the seventh slash, and Vamp Blood + AMS will be ready for the eighth. Similarly, Divine Protection, Barkskin and Nether Ward are all ready for the next soaking phase. The DK's Will of the Necropolis is likely to proc when hit by the stacked meteor slash. Its short cooldown means it will be ready every time this occurs, unless he has dropped low at another time during the preceding 45 seconds. After six cycles, Brutallus is either dead or goes berserk.

This will probably prove extremely difficult to pull off and will require a lot of practice, as well as extremely careful timing on the part of the DK, pala and druid. I can't predict whether the pala and druid will take a melee hit while soaking, but having plate + shield or bear form cushioned by Barskin / Divine Protection, this does not necessarily mean they will be one-shot. Should the unfortunate happen, this group has two combat resurrections at their disposal. On the subject of the boss critting them in melee, the paladin (specced into denounce) should ensure that the denounce debuff is on the boss whenever the druid or himself soaks (NPCs can't crit with spells).

Extremely precious, thank you for sharing with us.

Stack stamina Imo since you can't dodge the meteor slash, and that is what you will be soaking.

Spiritflow is correct. The only threating part of the encounter for the DK is Meteor Slash, and only stamina helps you survive that. I'd recommend following the BiS list I made for Blood DKs in the sticky thread. It's listed without profs, but those that give the most stamina are LW (72), JC (63), BS / mining (60) and engineering (54).

Runeforge to this by the way.

i think boro announced it no need to say it in every thread now nesyla

Users who are viewing this thread