A Brief Dialogue for Your Entertainment and Amusement

Bop

Remember the Treeline
THE PITCH

"Hello. Prior to the release of 6.0.2, I had the following quest items in my bank:

[Sandals of Sacrifice] (Shadowfang Keep quest reward)
[Gloves of Serpentis] (Cleansing the Cavern quest reward)

When I logged in after 6.0.2 went live, those items (along with some other consumables which don't bother me at all) were missing. I was informed through friends and the WoW forums that this is a common issue and that the best way to deal with missing items is to Open A Ticket.

I tried Restoration, but the items were not deleted or anything like that on my part. Everyone I spoke to said that Restoration is not a viable approach for having items refunded.

Please help, this is a very serious issue for me.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Also, please note that I realize Restoration is the correct method of refunding deleted or missing items in most circumstances, but I was unable to locate those two quest items (or any of my missing items, actually) using the Item Restoration Method.

That pretty much just leaves me with the option to Open a Ticket. I spoke with several friends who all had similar issues with items being deleted, but they were all level 90. So I'm trying to be as thorough as possible with my explanation. These items still mean a lot to me even if I'm not a subscriber yet."

RESPONSE

"Greetings, Jon. This is Game Master Zaezibin. I hope this message finds you well.

I understand you're looking to recover some lost quest rewards.

The reason that these items could not be restored through the Item Restoration process is that they are not listed in your deleted inventory. This indicates that they were likely lost long before the patch, at least a month ago, as that is how long we keep deleted blue items in the inventory.

While we normally can't restore items without definitive proof that you had them, such as finding them in your deleted inventory, as an exception I have restored them for you. However, there is not a way for us to restore these directly to your inventory; the only way to do so is to send them in the mail. Mail from us will remain in your mailbox for a year or so, if you decide to upgrade your account within that time period, you will be able to retrieve them.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us today. If I have answered your questions, feel free to mark this issue as resolved. If you have any further questions or concerns, please click the Reply button on this ticket, or select the "I still have a problem" option from the ticket details page.

Farewell, and may the Loot Gods smile on your future endeavours!
"

Sounds legit.

I lost access to some BoAs that were more or less accidentally mailed to a linked trial account. Unfortunately, items that expire in the mail can't be recovered. Got that GM joke though—was cheesy.

However, see if you can see what doesn't belong on this linked f2p (hint it's not the title):

oppAf8c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds legit.

I lost access to some BoAs that were more or less accidentally mailed to a linked trial account. Unfortunately, items that expire in the mail can't be recovered. Got that GM joke though—was cheesy.

However, see if you can see what doesn't belong on this linked f2p (hint it's not the title):

oppAf8c.jpg

Ilvl?

THE PITCH

"Hello. Prior to the release of 6.0.2, I had the following quest items in my bank:

When I logged in after 6.0.2 went live, those items (along with some other consumables which don't bother me at all) were missing. I was informed through friends and the WoW forums that this is a common issue and that the best way to deal with missing items is to Open A Ticket.

I tried Restoration, but the items were not deleted or anything like that on my part. Everyone I spoke to said that Restoration is not a viable approach for having items refunded.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Also, please note that I realize Restoration is the correct method of refunding deleted or missing items in most circumstances, but I was unable to locate those two quest items (or any of my missing items, actually) using the Item Restoration Method.

That pretty much just leaves me with the option to Open a Ticket. I spoke with several friends who all had similar issues with items being deleted, but they were all level 90. So I'm trying to be as thorough as possible with my explanation. These items still mean a lot to me even if I'm not a subscriber yet."

RESPONSE

"Greetings, Jon. This is Game Master Zaezibin. I hope this message finds you well.

The reason that these items could not be restored through the Item Restoration process is that they are not listed in your deleted inventory. This indicates that they were likely lost long before the patch, at least a month ago, as that is how long we keep deleted blue items in the inventory.

While we normally can't restore items without definitive proof that you had them, such as finding them in your deleted inventory, as an exception I have restored them for you. However, there is not a way for us to restore these directly to your inventory; the only way to do so is to send them in the mail. Mail from us will remain in your mailbox for a year or so, if you decide to upgrade your account within that time period, you will be able to retrieve them.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us today. If I have answered your questions, feel free to mark this issue as resolved. If you have any further questions or concerns, please click the Reply button on this ticket, or select the "I still have a problem" option from the ticket details page.

"

Haha, had a similiar issue, but during the start of Hallow's End. Some things just disappeared.
But I was unlucky I couldnt even get it mailed back. :(
No big deal but atleast GMs' are friendly and funny. ;)

Farewell, and may the Loot Gods smile on your future endeavours!"
LOL :p:p:p

THE PITCH

Thank you in advance!

You should have used the website's live chat feature instead of opening a ticket for such a unique issue. It would have been easier to explain it to a live person than leaving a GM to make assumptions as to how the issue came to be. In my experience, if you merely open a ticket, the GM will always try to take the easiest way out unless you happen to be online when they get around to looking at your ticket.

Interestingly enough, this story has a happy ending.

The GM sent me the items with the intention of inspiring me to sub. He knew that Trials did not have access to the mailbox.

However, we /do/ have access to the mailbox if a GM sends us a message. So despite the extremely troll GM, I received the items :3

Thanks to the several people who sent me PMs suggesting I take a look at the mailbox. I actually did just that immediately upon reading the Ticket Response, before posting this thread, and received the items, haha.

I just didn't want to make the focus the outcome; immediately, at least.

The Ticket Response itself seemed very manipulative to me; pretty despicable attempt at trolling.

Interestingly enough, this story has a happy ending.

The GM sent me the items with the intention of inspiring me to sub. He knew that Trials did not have access to the mailbox.

However, we /do/ have access to the mailbox if a GM sends us a message. So despite the extremely troll GM, I received the items :3

Thanks to the several people who sent me PMs suggesting I take a look at the mailbox. I actually did just that immediately upon reading the Ticket Response, before posting this thread, and received the items, haha.

I just didn't want to make the focus the outcome; immediately, at least.

The Ticket Response itself seemed very manipulative to me; pretty despicable attempt at trolling.
Either this thread is so meta, it's next-next level, or I was really confused. Are you telling me this isn't a GM hax thread?!? If not, man, have I got cynical. Either way my guess GM is probably butthurt because he mained a 24. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our RNGesus who art in heavens,
Hallowed be thy luck,
Thy loot be dropped,
Thy BOEs be given in chests,
as it is in dungeons.
Give us this day our daily RoP
And forgive us our gy camping
As we forgive those who gy camp against us
And lead us not to become like elitist P2Ps bads,
But deliver us from the evil hand of Blizzard GMs,
For thine is the Honor,
the BOA tab, and the Swag
Forever and ever,
Amen

"

Seems the guy told you nicely to buy a sub... Blasphemy!

More like "Ohh, I'm so sowwy, widdle F2P, did you lose your precious items? I'm not supposed to give them to you, but in this case I'll make an exception and dangle them in front of you--that is, the items that you legitimately had, and legitimately lost due to our buggy game--I'll tease you with them to passive-aggressively make a statement about you not subscribing."

It was admittedly a dick move.

Should of asked for a gm joke!

However, there is not a way for us to restore these directly to your inventory; the only way to do so is to send them in the mail. Mail from us will remain in your mailbox for a year or so, if you decide to upgrade your account within that time period, you will be able to retrieve them.

What, that one wasnt good enuff? Made me giggle

Users who are viewing this thread