9.1 20-29 meta findings

glancealot

Legend
now that you guys played some BGs, how is the meta?

is hunter still ruining the bracket?

Any class stands out due to the changes?

i have about 5 days left, would like to get some feedback that would help me make last minute changes!

Last edited:
Chatter in the 20s for both horde and alliance is that frost mages are pretty good now. Personally i'm still liking SPriest since the buffs to VT and SW:p are our 2 highest used abilities. BM hunter could be a goer with the buff to beast within pvp talent, resto druid pvp talents still fuckin suck and are the worst choice of pvp talents in the 20s bracket.

Frost mage is alot better now. If played a certain way may be on par witharcane dmg wise

Played 1 game of Destro warlock, it is truly disgustingly OP now, throwing 2.2-2.5k chaosbolts left and right.

Played 1 game of Arcane mage with +20% on AB. Pretty much ignoring missiles unless there is a proc.
Very happy with this change as the missile spam is a snoozefest. Still not very high on the "fun" meter tho but atleast you may diversify the rotation and gameplay abit! Also playing with the 10% mana and cute arcane buddy is more appealing! That being said I'm sticking with fire, frost spec looks like it will be top notch aswell with the new buffs!

Haven't tried it in pvp yet but I think the best change seems to be on my shamans with Static Field Totem. That thing could be truly amazing as you can block off FC's offensively and defensively. Stop reinforcements in general on choke points! Stop people from reaching mid in EoTS for instance. So many useful situations! Great addition to an allready solid class! (I'm just thinking very positive and hope it works as the tooltip indicates)

Is hpal ridiculously strong now, with the changes to light's grace?

Is hpal ridiculously strong now, with the changes to light's grace?

I only played 1 Game so far as hpal using light's grace, EU Horde. I liked it. Ridiculorsly strong: No.

I played another 2 Games on my Druid. That Class is even worse now...

Hunter is even stronger than before.

Retris can also spec for either extra range on some important skills or go for extra cleave damage by rotating targets with judgement.

Some of the new utility PvP talents might not work since they require Auras and those are unlocked at 21.

Some guy on Reddit made a post today about Runeblade of Baron Rivendare being nerfed from 10% flat speed bonus to like 11 new speed stat next patch. Sad if true, still salty about Hunger of the Pack. Why don’t Blizzard like speed stacking?

Last edited:
so i dueled a bunch to test things out, and my initial though is that, light's grace is not as good as it appears on paper, the duration is too short. looks like i am sticking to hallowed ground for pugs where mobility is everything.

There are some really nasty locks out there. I've seen some doing 500 - 700dps in bg's...... It's insane.
Also, geared Surv Huntards are no fun to be around. They are even worse than before :eek:

Instead of just having to worry about surv doing their faceroll damage, now destro locks are on the list too. Disgusting amount of destro locks in BGs right now. Even levelers can put up some nasty damage.

I'm so glad for all of you. Now that I can clearly see that I have 20 stacks of Cold Heart, my damage has quadrupled in every BG.

Am I crazy or they have changed the running animation of the Mammoth type mounts? They used to have some kind of hopping, now they are moving each leg, more like the Elekk mounts...
Yes and new WoD/Legion Tabulk mounts also changed. I think the honor level ones as well. Flying Rocket mounts have a mount special animation.

Am I crazy or they have changed the running animation of the Mammoth type mounts? They used to have some kind of hopping, now they are moving each leg, more like the Elekk mounts...

Ya know, a friend and I talked about that last night and we weren't sure if it was just a cosmetic thing that we were just noticing or if it had actually just been changed

I played another 2 Games on my Druid. That Class is even worse now...

True. I play my f2p druid as heal from the beginning of f2p, it never had been worse.
So I played a few games as balance. Not even better. DMG much to low (only starsurge crits can really do something).
I never liked feral, maybe I farm some gear and try that.

I never liked feral, maybe I farm some gear and try that.

Yea I tried that. Better move on to something new.

Look at the 9.1 Patchnotes. Everybody got something apart from Druid, who lost the popular Balance Talent and got his Feral Off-heals nerfed.

Users who are viewing this thread