85 Protection Paladin

Where to start...

I have basically leveled and PVP'ed prot from 1-84 in the past three months and here I am about to ding 85 and really don't know anything but protection. Now, this wasn't a bad thing but now that 4.1 is here and the WOG nerf has hit us so hard, I am beginning to wonder if protection in arena is really viable or if I should just give up on it and learn to play ret.

The main problem is that I really love playing prot. I love the procs for free Avengers Shields, the increase hp and survivability and it’s just so fun not having to be a lolretpally.

I have seen many youtube videos of people succeeding in prot pvp, examples "Taugrim" (pre 4.1) and "Towelliee" (post 4.1, although he has recently switched to ret for the arena tournament).

I guess my true question is what comps at 85 would you think would work if I continued to play prot for dps and support. I have been thinking about running with Mage/DK or Mage/Rogue.

You're thoughts?

i've played prot all the way to 83 on my pally (getting 85 this weekend)

i love pvping as prot and doing dungeons as prot, but im going holy for pvp once i hit 85, and staying prot for pve

the only good combo for a prot pally i could think of is hunter prot pally / healer

Why hunter, I cant really think of any comp that ANYTHING would be better then a hunter. Such a broken class right now.

Bump. I made a post on the arena forums about leveling through BG's and Random dungeons and getting to 85 and basically be forced to switch to either Ret or Holy because of how non viable Prot is with the WOG nerf. You can check it out here.

Protection PVP - Forums - World of Warcraft

I also suggested a few changes in the brackets I leveled through, feel free to give me a shout out or bump my thread if you agree with some of the things said.

-Diiesel

dartofblue said:
go holy and run tsg and faceroll 2200

You see, thats the problem, I dont want to play Holy or Ret. I love all things Prot and dont think I should be forced to switch. They need to fix the problems at hand rather then telling me after I level 84 levels in one direction to simply respec or reroll. Thats complete bullshit.

got 85 on my pally yesterday, went holy gearing in bloodthirsty now

ill miss prot, but im loving holy sofar

LULIMALION said:
Prot is fucking lame, throwing your shield at shit and getting rid of half of your opponents HP is so fun! Might as well play a rogue, at least ambush doesnt silence everything

sumones mad

LULIMALION said:
Prot is fucking lame, throwing your shield at shit and getting rid of half of your opponents HP is so fun! Might as well play a rogue, at least ambush doesnt silence everything

If you think Prot is really that good post 4.1 @ 85, then your really bad.

Diiesel said:
Where to start...

I have basically leveled and PVP'ed prot from 1-84 in the past three months and here I am about to ding 85 and really don't know anything but protection. Now, this wasn't a bad thing but now that 4.1 is here and the WOG nerf has hit us so hard, I am beginning to wonder if protection in arena is really viable or if I should just give up on it and learn to play ret.

The main problem is that I really love playing prot. I love the procs for free Avengers Shields, the increase hp and survivability and it’s just so fun not having to be a lolretpally.

I have seen many youtube videos of people succeeding in prot pvp, examples "Taugrim" (pre 4.1) and "Towelliee" (post 4.1, although he has recently switched to ret for the arena tournament).

I guess my true question is what comps at 85 would you think would work if I continued to play prot for dps and support. I have been thinking about running with Mage/DK or Mage/Rogue.

You're thoughts?

Your damage will suck but you can stay alive along time and i see ret better than prot i think a prot +prot team would work great self healage low damage intake and lots of silences

I have fought a prot+prot group on my ret pala and i really just destroyed them very easily but for a spell faster they can be difficult as when i was on my priest

P.s. Both 85

Users who are viewing this thread