85 Elemental shaman

Oliks

Check it!
How are they doing in terms of:
Survivability
Burst
Sustainable damage

Can anyone link a -whatisconsidered- BIS armory?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ele shammy is one of the lowest DPS classes at 85 in PvE, they don't seem to scale well with gear and you're missing a few things from level 90 that makes them so dangerous at that level.

I don't play PvP with mine but you can roughly translate anything you do into PvP from PvE,

Survivability - Almost the same as level 90, little bit worse because of resilience being much lower. So, poor overall.
Burst - Middle of the pack, not absolutely useless, but not gonna really threaten a reasonably well played character. Probably would do well as a BG character against scrubs though.
Sustainable damage - Again, pretty much middle of the pack, even to say it's a bit on the low side.

Ele shammy is one of the lowest DPS classes at 85 in PvE, they don't seem to scale well with gear and you're missing a few things from level 90 that makes them so dangerous at that level.

I don't play PvP with mine but you can roughly translate anything you do into PvP from PvE,

Survivability - Almost the same as level 90, little bit worse because of resilience being much lower. So, poor overall.
Burst - Middle of the pack, not absolutely useless, but not gonna really threaten a reasonably well played character. Probably would do well as a BG character against scrubs though.
Sustainable damage - Again, pretty much middle of the pack, even to say it's a bit on the low side.

i have seen rezputín kill 4 ppl with 2 cl cast's... if thats not burst thats (unreliable but still) hard to deal with i dont know what is..

i have seen rezputín kill 4 ppl with 2 cl cast's... if thats not burst thats (unreliable but still) hard to deal with i dont know what is..

I assume said 4 people were either level 80's or were at least at 1/4 of their max health if twinks or 1/2 if non-twinked.

If you have proof of said feat I'd love to see it, but at this moment in time based off of personal experience, I highly doubt the claim.

I just logged on my shammy, and although not properly reforged for elemental, is in full MoP gear. 4x 85 dummies in Org, two chain lightning casts.with alch trinket and jade spirit up for at least one of the casts, 15 total hits, for whatever reason 1 bounce didn't happen... 500598 damage total. Highest crit at 60.2k.

500k damage, take into account his better gear and Tarcegosa proc, I'm gonna give it another 50%, so 750k damage on 4 target tops.

Then we get to bring that back down again by at least 40% because of base resilience, so around 450k damage.

4 players = at bare minimum 150k each = 600k, 150k short.
4 twinks = at bare minimum 175k each = 700k. 250k short.

So when I give advice on a class, it's because I have one and have played one. It's not because I've seen someone else magically dispatch 4 enemies at the same time.

Thanks for the link and the advice, still gonna play one though, since I have lots of fun on the elemental shaman twinks i have at other levels!
Cya in the gulch or whatever.

I assume said 4 people were either level 80's or were at least at 1/4 of their max health if twinks or 1/2 if non-twinked.

If you have proof of said feat I'd love to see it, but at this moment in time based off of personal experience, I highly doubt the claim.

I just logged on my shammy, and although not properly reforged for elemental, is in full MoP gear. 4x 85 dummies in Org, two chain lightning casts.with alch trinket and jade spirit up for at least one of the casts, 15 total hits, for whatever reason 1 bounce didn't happen... 500598 damage total. Highest crit at 60.2k.

500k damage, take into account his better gear and Tarcegosa proc, I'm gonna give it another 50%, so 750k damage on 4 target tops.

Then we get to bring that back down again by at least 40% because of base resilience, so around 450k damage.

4 players = at bare minimum 150k each = 600k, 150k short.
4 twinks = at bare minimum 175k each = 700k. 250k short.

So when I give advice on a class, it's because I have one and have played one. It's not because I've seen someone else magically dispatch 4 enemies at the same time.
it was world pvp all targets 86+ non twinked, didnt record, didnt math, didnt really do anything about it but laugh my ass off for the next hour or two.

Users who are viewing this thread