82 vs 84

this bracket is dead (atleast on EU) so do what you wanna do.. rip 2nd best bracket ever (right after the 70s bracket in s7/s8), good old days

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah boomy's should level to 84 so do frost mages because of the 84 weapon and aditional gear that compensates the scaleing while having a bigger healthpool.
But for instance rets should lvl to 82 because they need lots of haste/mastery and they unlock 2 more spells at 81 and get a better weapon and gear on 82.

But I've played with an 82 boomy and 82 fire mage. And they both do great on damage output. But still on 84 you'll do the same damage and have a bigger healthpool and stealth detection.

And the bracket aint dead on eu lol...

Brackets not dead on the us which is what he/she is playing on if anyone would take a half second to look into. The players telling you to cap at 80 are the same players that would tell you to cap at 20, in the trial bracket. For me personally? I dont really care, because i feel like you can still compete at any level regardless. all it comes down to is skill+ who has more 409+ gear. Do your research, if you are a good player. You will outshine the scrubs every time. Even if its a player who hard copied a mop twink.

I have seen lots of 84s and 82s ... whats up with that?
I got some questions
Why would they pick 82? What is there that 80-81s dont have?
and I am a hunter.. should I go 82 or 84

talents is why, it's that way in 70-74 bracket. some go 72 some go 74 based on talents not gear.

as for 80-84, MOP gear is a deciding factor. some caster cloth classes are god mode at 84 because they can fill 11+ slots with MOP gear., caster mail, leather, and plate classes using plate, mail, leather, cloth can also go near 100% MOP gear

And now to close the thread:

Why 82: Upscaling in bg's (like over 70 ilvl's) while having mop gear and unlocking certain spells at 81-82.
Why 84: Arena mostly because higher healthpool, better stealth detection and overall same damage.

And yes exp off bg's is dead on eu but hey lots of twink go with exp on on 82 because you gain little exp.

As a proud owner of a 82 BIS ret, i sit around 303k hp normally buffed vs 70-100k hp horde. Highest Kb's so far with no pocket healer is 96-0.
Its a lot of fun. Better scaling then at 87

It's sad people say 84 just one shots, when all last season 80 one shot even harder. This bracket is all about adjusting and bursting you should not stay 80 because if you go 82 as a melee, or 84 as range you will actually stand a chance against all the others in the bracket, 80 bis teams just get steamrolled sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread