80 twink spriest

Volsci

Legend
I was at a friends house, and while waiting for a raid I asked if I could try out his shadow priest. Long story short, I loved it, and after reading up a little bit have relatively fell in love with the idea of haste.

Overview

Here is the chardev I came up with : chardev 8 - WoW Cataclysm

The rough perks: 57.97% haste , 39.36% crit, 4144 SP, 21.65 hit (with the trinket mentioned below, it skyrockets to almost 60% hit...). Also with the below trinket, ~1300 out of combat mp\5.

The hit is so high because I would like to do duels with 85's. Perhaps not the most geared or skilled, just for lols.

This trinket I was very interested in, but I never saw it in WotLK and don't know if it exists, to be frank, the link is Maghia's Misguided Quill - Item - World of Warcraft .. if it exists, I will replace the top trinket with that, and regem\enchant\reforge accordingly. ( I am talented to get hit rating from spirit)..

Some explanation

Mending: Sources may be wrong. It procced a lot when I was twinked at 80 on my rogue.. no ICD and a 10% proc rate, including DoT's. With such high haste, this seemed like it would be ridiculous healing, seeing as a respectable portion of spriest DPS is from dots. This would be swapped out with power torrent if things go poorly.

Spinal Healing Injector Due to having no resilience, this seemed like it would be necessary. ~50% instant heal on a 60 second cooldown sounds like survivability to me.

Grounded Plasma Shield Same as above. If the shield is physical, this would also be used for bandage purposes.

4pc t10 Namely the 20% increased channeling speed to mind flay (2.4 seconds rather then 3 seconds). This combined with haste sounds nice.. I am estimating the ability to hit right around a 2 second casting time.

The high hit rating & spirit enchants are just so I don't miss a lot of spells. I am not sure if this is the cap, I couldn't find it for a spriest 80 vs 85. If not I will tweak a few things. The amount sounds promising, regardless.

Side Notes

-I might replace the RS trinket with the one from BRC giving 918 haste on proc.

-As mentioned, I have roughly 16 hours experience on a shadow priest (whims, don't they just kill you?) so this could be garbage but seems hopeful to me. Feel free to tell me the idea is terrible.

-Suggestions are wanted. Anything to min-max, or if there is something you see that is drastically subpar to something you have in mind. I spent around an hour derping about on the chardev, and the stats are under a novice illusion.

Thanks for reading the wall of text :3

Cheers. I hate leveling.

Volsci

the trinket you linked doesnt exist (whichd youd know if you read the wowhead page!), only the 264 version is in game, and thats from the frost vendor. but 21% hit is already high & should be high enuff to hit 85s consistently, and obvi well over the raid hit cap. id go with power torrent as enchant, and look into getting some mastery. you said youd like to do duals with 85s, but it seems like youre exclusively gearing towards that. at least work up a raid set or a dungeon set (less hit for raids, WAYYY less hit for dungeons) or just a set for BG/arena with 80s (4pc wrathful perhaps, or something like that)

Well, I did read the wowhead page - and just went back and reread it, and still don't see where it says it doesn't exist =/ I didn't think it did anyway, though.

I will have multiple sets as it goes. I had multiple items for different sets, but forgot chardev only shows the one in slot ;)

The set that is up curently is exclusively for dueling with 85's. I had another of that same staff with power torrent. There were some trinkets swapped around here and there for a more level-appropriate hit amount.

I am more curious if there would be any sort of a survivability vs an 85, since so few classes can be consistently kited for long durations at end game.

I'll post updates if interested T.T

Second post since the edit button is conveniently hid on my screen, under the blog button, and irretrievable ;)

I have low mastery, because due to some interviewing and reading I was under the impression it was quite bad for spriests? Just due to the consistency of getting the orbs to proc.

Please correct me, as always.

"By Shasow (2·9) on 01/02/2011 (Patch 4.0.3)

An unused version of Maghia's Misguided Quill."

followed by nobody ever having it in game lol. if it was real people would have been saying which boss it dropped of and how good it was, etc. lol

mastery at 85 might not be superb, but at 80 it might be decent b/c of how overwhelmingly awesome it scale. just a thought

*shrugs* It's quite early here, don't judge. Rofl ;) I should have picked up on that.

And yes, I had begun to toy with the thought after interrogating (literally) a few spriests on my server. I am sticking to this relative plan for now, I'll post about how the proc rates are on orbs once I hit 80.. between dots and mind flay, it seems relatively promising, at least.

I saw your 57% haste & 39% crit...I almost...had a wet moment there. I'd love that on my paladin let alone any character.

I dont really see anything wrong here. I'd like to add a suggestion

enchanting & jewelcrafting. You can get the cata epic gems if you can find 3 ilevel 300+ items & enchant your rings. Honestly I see no issue other than that.

Are you using this for pvp or pve? Sounds like pvp, but if so...why not pvp gear? Are the offensive stats for the t10 hc gear just so much better? I apologize I never pvped in wrath much let alone played an spriest during wrath

i play with 7% hit and i miss very rarely vs 84/85.

i don't think its that good pvp with zero resilience.

I thought you wanted spell pen anyways?

Can you still miss in pvp? I dont remember my hunter actually missing people in AV when brackets were still 10 levels apart rather than 5 and I played alot of AV & EotS.

Well, I have considered using jewelcrafting. However, eng has too nice of perks to pass up - and 6% and 301 of that SP (plus one of the two cata gem slots) comes from alchemy, so I decided to use these two profs.

Alas, I will just have to wait and see what the epic JC gems look like, but I doubt my opinion will change.

and yes, it is typically a bad idea to PvP with no resil. However I am geared towards dueling 85's, and in the experiences I had on my rogue, if I let the other duelist openly attack me for just five or six seconds then I died anyway (having 4/5 wrath, full wrath offset, trinket, etc).. so I don't think the resilience is worth it. The damage gained from PvE gear outweighs it in the light that I am going to get zerged 100-0 very fast with the resilience or without it, so I would rather be able to put out as much damage as possible.

The beauty of a spriest, imo, is the amount of interrupt type abilities it has (silence being one, the obvious use - as well as not allowing rogues to ShS). then psychic scream & psychic horror.

So basically, all I have to do is live long enough for the glove enchant to come back, where I am healed for ~25k. AoE fear is 26 second CD, silence is 45. Dispersion is 75. Altogether, I just have to manage not to get killed for ~50 seconds in total and I can kite around.

It is all theory now, I'll note how it works once I get to the practice.

Just remember people have brains. If they're smart they learn from the mistake of watching or right in the action. I'm sure you know this but like you said theory is theory...so in theory...people are expected to be "smart" but...as we all know 80% of wow's community is dumb in some sense

This is true.

Also, exactly 67.31% of statistics are made up on the spot.

is that a trick statement...?

most 85s have no brains and are dueling in either starter pvp gear or shit pve gear...so those should be no problem. the issue would come in people in 346 heroic blues/purple pvp gear...to gear that gear most people would probs beat you regardless.

for duels spell pen wouldnt be an issue unless they have outside buffs prior to the duel or their a priest/druid and buff up before the duel (which most might not since you're 80 and "not a threat"). even tho an 85 would have a higher base chance to resist spells i dont think that'd come up too much - just use a gem or two + enchant to erase spell pen nyways

but for pve raids you can obviously reforge out of spirit/hit into mastery if you dont wanna lose any haste/crit, and for 5mans even more so

alch/engi is prolly BiS for 80s. jc would be nice, but i doubt the 3 gems outweigh the strength of the engi goodies and the epic alch trinket

I miss having 45% haste on 80 Priest in wotlk

Heroic solace and heroic bauble full wrathful stylin' on kids.

I dont know how i style on kids with a healer but I do it.

@ Falkor

Yes, this is quite true. Lol ;)

And about the spell pen - I had just read that the cap recommended in WotLK was ~135 or so, no? I wanted to grab some, but thought I would lose too much DPS ability if I geared around having substantial SpN / hit. It is my first caster (Rogue since vanilla, I've got like 9 of them T.T) .. and it wasn't aware to me that the SpN wasn't needed. I'll definitely swap out a few gems to pick up a DPS enchant on the cape.

I am thinking about swapping some hit out for spirit gems, for the mp\5 bonus as well as hit rating from shadow spec.

Of course, this IS all theory and I won't do that verbatim most likely >.<

When my rogue was 80, I had 15% hit and kidney shot's still missed often enough for me to notice, which is why I put more hit into this toon.

@ Soberlolz

Did you do an 80 priest for awhile? How was the survivability? I was thinking about taking the s8 offset and gemming stam into them.

Or would I manage to scrap out long enough to make the CD's on the glove potion?

I'm also looking for cool priest tricks, if anyone knows of some. I haven't found any immune mechanics, aside from double warding :Z

Users who are viewing this thread