80 for 2 years, time to level to 85?

Nkt@EU

Legend
Hey guys, my 80 mage is in my signature. I have been 80 for 2 years and 70 for 2 years before that. 80 died out completely a while ago, but I've stuck around on this deadass Dunemaul server ever since. And by dead I mean really fucking dead. A sun-lute popped on bmah 2 days ago and just expired with no bids. It used to be a good 80/85 server but not any more.

If you bothered checking my mage in detail, you can see I'm not just the average twink. I'm also a rep whore, mount whore, pet whore, hell I even chase down stupid random vanity items. (Obtaining 40 Ironpaw Tokens for the Flippable Table - Item - World of Warcraft at level 80 is not easy)

Now I have obtained most of the rep I can at level 80 (Except WSG/AB, Shado-Pan Assault where you can once in a rare while get a boa token that yields 100 rep. Now that's gonna take forever lol. Also the other MoP factions that I can only get rep from by getting the dungeon 600 rep bonus thing once a week.). That's what's left.

I just want shit to do. All I do now is camp the bmah and steal all the mages/priests/warlocks' t3 and all the containers.

I'm definitely not going to make a decision until after 5.4 to see what changes that brings along, but I'd like to have the thread ready and input from other 80s/85s to hear the pros and cons.

I know there's a guild that raids ICC & TotC weekly at 80, and that sounds very tempting too (but they're alliance blehh).

85s also running weekly raids and trying to set up RBGs as far as I can tell, so that's a plus.

Now actually the biggest thing that got me thinking of going 85 was because of the new items in 5.4 like Warning Sign - Item - World of Warcraft and Cauterizing Core - Item - World of Warcraft (Jizz?!) that requires level 85.

TL:DR Level to 85 or stay 80?

I cried when you leveled from 70, but I won't be sad to see you level from 80 hola at me @ 85 <3

I'll level up my test mage to 85 and have a look around the bracket and wait until after 5.4 before making a final decision, but I think I'll end up leveling.

madhombre said:
I dont think youll have fun at lvl 85.. why? because 1) the pvp balance is shit aswell, 180k eviscerate rogues, juggernaut huntards and sunlute plates.. 2) the pve content... it doesnt matter if ppl start weekly DS raids because cata raids are bullshit, even the 80s naxx remake is more enjoyable than the cata raids..3) the setting, wotlk has an amazing story (if you care about something like that), nice areas and with ulduar / icc the best raids (in my opinion) from the whole game.
You know, there´s a reason why ppl say the "good" WoW died with the Lichkings death.

He makes some good points though, god damnit I have no idea what I'm gonna do.

I'm leaning more to staying 80 again, lol.

I'll level up a test mage to 85 to lol around in the bracket, and probably move servers with my 80 to try and get into the raiding scene to see if there is any fun left in the 80 bracket.

Nope :p
Test mage is 84, gonna level him to 85 when I'm home from work and then I'll give it some more thought.
Right now I'm leaning towards staying 80 though.

Make a new mage and take that to 85, the amount of time spent on leveling a new mage is much less by far the amount of time youve spent on your current twink, from my personal experience I tend to drop my twinks once I level them

Make a new mage and take that to 85, the amount of time spent on leveling a new mage is much less by far the amount of time youve spent on your current twink, from my personal experience I tend to drop my twinks once I level them
personally i never dinged a twinked toon, except for my first twink, 49 warr.. and then i fucked about at lvl 78 for a while (there was that crafted set with a shitload of resi)... now that toon is hapslute...
other than that all my toons that i never even played or were active on is something i just cant get myself to level..
i have a 19 druid sitting around that i never played on.. all it has is (first toss) lfh and WW gloves, i hate playing druid rofl

The issue though is that I'm never going to invest much in any character that isn't my current mage. So changing my test mage to my main is not an option.

This is because twinking, to me, is more than just getting BiS. I have fun progressing my character in several ways, including vanity items(Just got my Flipping Table after weeks if farming 400 motes of harmony!), reputation with all factions I possibly can to 999 exalted, farming mounts, pets, achievements and more. So either I level up or I stay 80 for a while longer(Still a few (very few) things I want to do that is possible at 80).

Users who are viewing this thread