70 twink gear could become "grandfathered" in Shadowlands

Hope this sheds some light on some items.

Retail Beta

eye.png
beta705.png
retail705.png
beta704.png
retail703.png
beta703.png
retail702.png
beta701.png
bell.png
beta702.png

Attachments

• eye.png
    eye.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 150
originally we was just going to test 70 stuff, 1 item from BC and see how it scalled up, and 1 item from WOTLK see how it scalled down,
but after seeing how WOTLK item scalled to 80 in SL (lvl30) we tried afew items 65, 70 and 75 to see how they scalled.
[doublepost=1596258642,1596258538][/doublepost]
Thanks again for testing.

originally we was just going to test 70 stuff, 1 item from BC and see how it scalled up, and 1 item from WOTLK see how it scalled down,
but after seeing how WOTLK item scalled to 80 in SL (lvl30) we tried afew items 65, 70 and 75 to see how they scalled.
[doublepost=1596258642,1596258538][/doublepost]
Thanks again for testing.
Of course, thanks for letting me test haha :D

Definitely. But something as outrageous as this is might just slide by blizzard without them even caring unfortunately.

Yup, it wouldn't be the first time xD Reported so many oversights/bugs in past betas (both via tickets and twitter) only for them to go live anyway.

havent done detail calculation .. but picking up the calculator and do a quick check .. it is almost the same situation as in the 101 Epic Boes yesterday .. i think more or less i get the drift .. the only thing left is the socket .. need to find out how gems down scale in SL

Hope this sheds some light on some items.

This sheds a lot of light, thank you both.

Blizzard tends to take the easy way through a process (they're not alone in that regard, to be fair), and it looks like they're simply re-scaling BoEs to the far end of the expansion from which it came. TBC drop? That goes to SL 27, because the far end of TBC was level 70. Wrath drop? That goes to SL 30, because the far end of Wrath was level 80. I bet we see the same thing with BoEs from Cata, MoP, etc.

It's possible that even though pre-squish BoEs get scaled to their expansion cap, new BoE drops in SL will still scale according to character level.

I also expect that this kind of scaling conversion doesn't apply to vanilla BoEs, since Vanilla wasn't an expansion.

many gears from lvl58 up has 2 or 3 sockets for gems .. i am thinking .. if Lola's Eve's effect 2 int is down to 1 int in SL, a socket that holds a gem eg. 5 int 6 stam might still give 1 int 1 stam in SL .. maybe even 2 int 2 stam .. that would be a game changer .. because Lola's Eve final stat in SL is just 6 int 6 stam 5 versa .. an additional of 3 int and 3 stam on a chest piece or leg piece that has 3 sockets is almost half the total stats of a necklace, and if a player is completely using 3 and 2 socket gears, thats will add a lot of stats compare with a player who does not use sockets.

the question is will blizz restructure the current gems, making those available at any lvl (pvp token vendor) to become usable only from certain lvl up ..
[doublepost=1596380456,1596379624][/doublepost]look at the Lola's Eve, ilvl 100 and ilvl 83 (ilvl35 and ilvl32 in SL) they both show the same stat in SL and both become usable by a lvl27 player. long ago i asked this question but never gotten an answer .. are stats integer or they are round off. it makes a difference .. well it makes a very tiny difference in the past because our old stats are huge numbers, so any decimal places are not felt so much. but now stats of a lvl27 (ex 70) are in single digit ie. 6 int 6 stam 5 versa .. decimal is significant.

just a thought: if the ilvl35's intel is actually 6.49 .. and its round off and shown as 6 .. while a ilvl32's intel is exactly 6.0 and shown as 6 .. the ilvl35 would be 1.1% stronger in intel. thats for 1 piece of gear on a character .. multiply that by 15 items wearable on a character it will have a difference.

why am i interested in this strange topic is .. if the 6 is NOT the same 6 for the ilvl35 and ilvl32 .. you would definitely go for the ilvl100 right ?

are stats integer or they are round off.

From what I vaguely remember from previous expansions, people found evidence that stats were decimal while trying to predict how BoE scaling would work, but stats remained rounded off per item. In other words, you might have four pieces of gear with 6.45 int, and that gets rounded down to 6 int per item. When you look at your total stats, you gain 24 additional int, not 26. While anything can change in an expansion, I will say Blizz remains very consistent with gear (not with enchantments, looking at you, glorious stats chest enchant) when it comes to making sure that the integers you see total up correctly. Other than bugged gear like Enti's, of course.

Gem question for those who have beta access: have all of the item level requirements been removed from gems? This would allow 70s /SL 27s (and everyone, really) to get access to mastery gems.

So this is my first post here, having now got 3 x 79 characters and Beta acess i have been having a good look into BIS items ect. for my 79 twinks (29 in SL).

Wotlk - Normal Dungeons drop gear upto 109 ilvl in BFA and item level 35 in Shadowlands (this gear from the ICC dungeons looking to be possibly BIS for 29 twinks in SL).

TBC - Raids will drop up to 34 ilvl pieces, Dungeons (now this is the interesting part) will drop up to 30 ilvl items from HC but up to 34 ilvl items from normal dungeons. This is some weird stuff going on with dungeon scaling I guess.

(now this is the interesting part) will drop up to 30 ilvl items from HC but up to 34 ilvl items from normal dungeons. This is some weird stuff going on with dungeon scaling I guess.
It scaled like this a few patches ago and they fixed it, who knows if it’s unintentional again or now they deemed it intentional along with tbc raids and wotlk raids being lumped to 30 but tbc raid drops still requiring 27 to equip. Zzz blizzard is a strange indie company

So this is my first post here, having now got 3 x 79 characters and Beta acess i have been having a good look into BIS items ect. for my 79 twinks (29 in SL).

Wotlk - Normal Dungeons drop gear upto 109 ilvl in BFA and item level 35 in Shadowlands (this gear from the ICC dungeons looking to be possibly BIS for 29 twinks in SL).

TBC - Raids will drop up to 34 ilvl pieces, Dungeons (now this is the interesting part) will drop up to 30 ilvl items from HC but up to 34 ilvl items from normal dungeons. This is some weird stuff going on with dungeon scaling I guess.

Normal dungeons scaling to 29 (and thus ilvl 35) makes sense. Likewise, Heroic dungeons staying locked to the expansion raid level (in this case Heroic TBC dungeons go to 27 and Heroic Wrath dungeons go to 30) also stays consistent. It would be fun if we could walk into Heroic Wrath dungeons, but I doubt that'll fly, any more than SL 29s being able to walk into ICC.

Users who are viewing this thread