70 Rogue help please

*mostly cbf - also gemming for you isn't hard 20 agil all sockets np

---

Durp maybe on you. I'm wearing a vanity hat.

Trying to bring another flame warr Witty ?

Your the one who started asking me details on my own gear choise.

Posted this in another thread, but I feel it's warranted here.

Both weapons take a fairly long time to get, and the process of acquisition is highly reliant on RNG. The offhand Glaive has a 4% chance of dropping off Illidan, and you have an approximately 5% chance of getting the dagger from Opera in Karazhan. These weapons are none-the-less the very best a rogue can use in the off-hand for 70 PVP. Which one is better can be determined with a little help from our friends mathematics and rational argument. Say hello to your new friends, and let us begin our magical journey!

Assuming you place 3 Delicate Cardinal Rubies in the dagger and do not have Kings or Might, the difference in stats between the two are the following:

Warglaive of Azzinoth - 330 HP / 10.8 white DPS

Blade of the Unrequited - 124 AP / 0.78% crit / 1.66% dodge

Going by this comparison, the dagger is vastly superior. As noted earlier in the thread, auto attacks (especially those made by the off-hand) do not make a critical difference in burst situations, even though they may over a long period of time contribute to a large part of your damage output. A small percentage of dodge is, in the same sense, incidental. It may make a difference in the long run, but it is about as useless as the 10 DPS offered by the Warglaive.

Thus, we can continue our further comparisons by assuming that the differences between the two weapons are 33 stamina on one side and 124 AP + 0.78% crit on the other. The last distinction yet to be taken into account is the weapon speed. The Warglaive being 0.2 seconds faster means that your Shiv will cost two energy less, but also increases the overall amount of crippling poison procs you get by 15%.

The value of the increased poison procs can be hard to judge. It may seem a negligible amount, but it should not be underestimated. My personal preference is clear, since every second you are out of melee range of your target relieves them of pressure and means you're doing no damage to them - something I wouldn't pass up for a small AP gain. Ultimately these weapons are almost equal in power, and whichever you choose comes down to whether you prioritize raw damage or control.

TLDR:

If you have Waylay - use Blade of the Unrequited

If you don't - use Warglaive of Azzinoth

Waylay being a terrible talent is a whole other discussion.

Great details as usual.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread