70 PvP Success

Khanodruid

Legend
So how much do 70's really own in the 70-79 bracket? My hunter who isn't geared very well got caught in the road in AB by a 78 hunter and a 75 paladin, looking for an easy kill, but I took them both down. What are y'all's greatest PvP moments? Please, I'm not interested in AV. I know how good we are killing 60-69 failfuckers.

just a heads up, but 78s and 79s come cataclysm probably will rape you a bit more than your used too with the cataclysm quest items ilvls being just as high or near icc gear quality. But, with the battlegroup merging, 70 twinks will probably be able to turn xp off on certain nights, and pvp against eachother. So that will be alot of fun.

me and vorrentk soon to be 7time rank 1 glad when titles handed out did 2v2 on his old druid and on my rogue soberlol then his liek im fuckin bored lets go to Durotar we go to durotar and we were 2v8ing some 80s they didnt have a healer thoe and i was playin Dance.

i guess that was preety fun ?

Ugarak said:
just a heads up, but 78s and 79s come cataclysm probably will rape you a bit more than your used too with the cataclysm quest items ilvls being just as high or near icc gear quality. But, with the battlegroup merging, 70 twinks will probably be able to turn xp off on certain nights, and pvp against eachother. So that will be alot of fun.

Yeah that's what I'm hearing; the increase of stats from 80 to above is such a dramatic change that both 78+ in Cata greens will rape and 80 twinks in BiS gear won't be able to take down 81-84's like 70's supposedly can now. I think.

But as of NOW, how do 70's do in the 70-79 bracket?

Soberlolz said:
me and vorrentk soon to be 7time rank 1 glad when titles handed out did 2v2 on his old druid and on my rogue soberlol then his liek im fuckin bored lets go to Durotar we go to durotar and we were 2v8ing some 80s they didnt have a healer thoe and i was playin Dance.

i guess that was preety fun ?

If that were English, I'm sure I would be entertained. So I think you're saying you and your druid bud went 2v8 80's? And won? Shitty 80's or I need to look more into 70's. The ultimate goal of this thread is trying to find out whether or not a 70 would be worth pursuing by finding out its viability in the 70-79 bracket.

I wrote that at like 5am excuse the english.

he logged on his full wrathful 80 and managed to keep me up through the 80s they were preety shitty geared but still i have like 10k hp :\

PS not all of us can be gods at rogues like you khano loljksyousuck

ok khano, you have 2 months left until cataclysm. Thats not enough time to level to 70, gear out, and wtfpwn in the 70-79 bracket. Once cataclysm comes out, your completely screwed in the 70-79 bracket. Your viability will be doing AV in the 61-70 bracket and WAITING for them to merge the battlegroups so you can xp lock occasionally to play against other 70s. If this sounds at all like something you would want to do, then do it. If you would stop asking, "what's viable" like we don't know what your getting at. JUST ASK WHATS OP SINCE THATS ALL YOU SEEM TO WANT. Or if you don't want to be OP, roll a warrior kthxbai.

Khanodruid said:
Yeah that's what I'm hearing; the increase of stats from 80 to above is such a dramatic change that both 78+ in Cata greens will rape and 80 twinks in BiS gear won't be able to take down 81-84's like 70's supposedly can now. I think.

i wouldnt be too worried.

a) when it hits people wont be lvling via pvp...they'll be doing all the new quests, exploring new zones, and mostly new dungeons. i predict long que times

b) the gear reset is not that huge. if you have 264 or 277 gear you wont be replacing it till 82/83, especially if you are getting an amazing 2/4pc set bonus. 251s will be getting upgraded in the first few instances though.

then even after people settle in and have alts and try out lvling via pvp again, they'll still be gone quickly and prolly bads like usual. so i'd say 70s will be fine. just get bis, and stick together in a group. i bet it'll be harder to be a solo bg hero, but just play a team game and you should be ok

Ugarak said:
Your viability will be doing AV in the 61-70 bracket and WAITING for them to merge the battlegroups so you can xp lock occasionally to play against other 70s. If this sounds at all like something you would want to do, then do it. If you would stop asking, "what's viable" like we don't know what your getting at. JUST ASK WHATS OP SINCE THATS ALL YOU SEEM TO WANT. Or if you don't want to be OP, roll a warrior kthxbai.
What the fuck are you talking about? You're clueless.

Yeah dude I think you're missing my point.

Ugarak said:
Thats not enough time to level to 70, gear out, and wtfpwn in the 70-79

If you see first post it says I have a 70 that i played a couple days ago already decently geared.

The World of Warcraft Armory - M

There he is, nothing special. But I did pretty well. I'm kinda at a point in-game where I can either pursue my 19's or my 70, and if choose the latter, it won't be worth it unless 70's have a shot in the 70-79 bracket. From what I've seen (referring to incident I was talking about in first post) 70's look like they do okay, or was that just a rare episode?

Khanodruid said:
But as of NOW, how do 70's do in the 70-79 bracket?

Khanodruid said:

If you see here, I asked how they are now but you still immediately went off about Cata. That’s a solid two months away. Hope I cleared that up.

Soberlolz said:
I wrote that at like 5am excuse the english.

he logged on his full wrathful 80 and managed to keep me up through the 80s they were preety shitty geared but still i have like 10k hp :\

PS not all of us can be gods at rogues like you khano loljksyousuck

Okay thanks a lot. Oh ha this isn't Khano the rogue from FG, i was in FG and he inspired me to name my druid after him.

Falkor said:
i wouldnt be too worried.

a) when it hits people wont be lvling via pvp...they'll be doing all the new quests, exploring new zones, and mostly new dungeons. i predict long que times

b) the gear reset is not that huge. if you have 264 or 277 gear you wont be replacing it till 82/83, especially if you are getting an amazing 2/4pc set bonus. 251s will be getting upgraded in the first few instances though.

then even after people settle in and have alts and try out lvling via pvp again, they'll still be gone quickly and prolly bads like usual. so i'd say 70s will be fine. just get bis, and stick together in a group. i bet it'll be harder to be a solo bg hero, but just play a team game and you should be ok

Okay thanks I feel ya. Helpful shit.

elocon said:
What the fuck are you talking about? You're clueless.

/nod

God damn what a wall. Someone teach me how to condense

mmmm cata....OK well my opinion on 70-79 bracket would be that it wouldn't change at all. In cata 78s will be able to go to higher places and get better gear but why would they do bgs at 78-79 when they are trying to hit 85? maybe 1 or 2 people will do this but it can't be harder than killing full 78 pvp geared twinks atm can it ? 78 twinks atm are pretty much mostly worse than 70 twinks. in pve gear 78s won't be able to own hard because they are in pve gear and will need pvp gear. I think not much will change at all imo.

On the other hand 4.0 right now is not looking too great. i Haven't had too many BG pops but i have been lvling a druid and it's just the few 1st days of 4.0 so i'm guessing everybody's checking out their mains.

I do not like it so far, maybe it's just the ui changes and the few minor bugs such as the health bars over enemy name plates is bugging out but it feels way too bursty and 74s can dish out the same damage as a 70 twink when i could beat them flawlessly befor. I'm not too sure though atm i will have to test this some more

Users who are viewing this thread