Hi,

What do you think about ths following gear (for a 70 destro) :>>> chardev 9

12k5 Hp
12k7 mana
1241 spell without fel armor
30.25% haste
7% hit
28% crit
48 penetration (it doesn't appear on the chardev)
506 resi (33.30%, so 58.30% with SL+glyph)

Anything to do to improve ?

too little stam imo. It would be better to go 4/5 pvp, with the 3 gem slot legs, oh and get 97 spell pen.

You don't really need that much haste as destruction. Not saying that it isn't good but it's better to get 10% for one extra immolate tick and then go for resil+hp. Against casters you'll do just fine with that resil amount, but any melee will tear you apart. I'm using about the same amount atm on my wlock, I've died to rogues during cheap shot, and no they didn't even use shadowdance.

Also you might want to check out these threads:
http://www.twinkinfo.com/70-79-bracket/31863-you-warlock-stuggling-arena-here-solution.html
http://www.twinkinfo.com/70-79-brac...estro-warlock-chardev-some-tips-n-tricks.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Go relvl fotm, playing warlock will give you nothing but frustration. Every rogue, both 'good' and terrible shitters will just blow you up.

Is that your pvp gear? :p

Go pvp gear with some more intellect instead,

fast spells > with low sp(prolly) > bad
Normal cast spells> with higher sp> superior

Also more hp for life tap rocks,

Did u notice how u didnt tell us your spellpower?
U dont realise that intellect is a main stat (haste/crit/mastery is secondary stats)
intellect is superior on 85, and 4 times more on 70 :>

GOGO SP

Also trinket is overrated

Despite of what all people say, GLG is pretty 'good' for warlocks. We're pretty much the only class that wont get hitcapped from PvP gear alone. So before you have access to the staff from SWP/Skull of Gul'Dan I'd suggest using GLG and reforge crit -> hit. If you combine that with PvP shoulders(dreadweave) you should have 4.2% hit and you won't have to gem for it.

Thanks guyz :)

I'd like to stay with 30% haste for a big conflagrate (can reach 7k easy so...)
So, more spellpower, more spell pen (98) and maybe more than 500 resi ?
I'll work on the new chardev :)

destro dont need all the 30% of the haste, its a good thing to have +1 immo tick, but sometimes ~20-25% haste is enough.
i like to jerk on the stats so im going for the 30% just because i want to lol.
98 spell pen is TOO MUCH in my opinion, 70 is good for like soft cap.
undead mages dont have more fire resistance than 70.

as myself id say get 30% haste, go full int with resil soft cap (31.50% if im right), and get t6 second bonus.
but as affli you have to get 30% passive haste and the full int soft cap resil things (you dont need the t6 2nd bonus there, even if you can crit 5k Sbolt), so you can proc for 20% more haste from the corruption and 50% haste is amazing (dots tick like omfg crazy damage) and you can cast things extremely fast.

So i need more stam/spellpen/spellpower. I think i will play only destro (don't very like affli gameplay...)
Do you think the t6 second bonus useful ? 70hp heal that's to bad... does spell increase it ?

Immolate haste levels(as destro):
Extra Ticks % Rating Goblin
1 9.9% 218 90
2 30% 2589 2437
3 49.9% 4951 4776
4 70% 7326 7127

Corruption haste levels(as both affli/destro):

Corruption

Extra Ticks % Rating Goblin
1 8.3% 21 0
2 25% 1993 1846
3 41.7% 3970 3804
4 58.4% 5945 5745

Those are taken from Elitist Jerks, these should apply to 70lvl also(the % that is, no the rating). So you need 9.9% haste as destruction for one extra Immolate tick aka just get 10% and 30% for second, third one is not achiveable without on use effects.

There wasn't affliction thread since it's useless in PvE, but I'm pretty sure that the corruption haste lvls are same for each spec. So just get 25% or ATLEAST 8.3% and then go for resilience/spellpower.

And no, spellpower doesn't affect T6 2PC, demon armor does affect it though. It's great for BG and RBGs where you'll be dotting up a lot more targets than in arena. I'm just using those tier pieces to gain some haste.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ first t6 bonus is very nice for the bgs as affli, but aint worth anything on the arena
anyway you are gonna use t6 pieces to gain more haste
as a destro i am running with 4/8 t6 for the second bonus for the 6% more damage since i like to see big crits :D

Users who are viewing this thread