70 bracket dying slowly

I honestly don't think it's dying. My brother and I on Azuremyst server just randomly at 8:30 EST on a Thursday qued our 70s(untwinked-just some random kara and KT gear lol) and we got ques under 7 minutes 3 times. The people inside were pretty well ranged from clearly experienced, very well geared twinks to the full brutal with green belt, boots, cape group. It seems, to me, not only flourishing but flourishing in the best possible way! We just need more people to get frustrated with cata content and go to 70 twinking! lol

If I had to wager a guess, the queue system itself is working fine. What we're experiencing is in part being the victim of our own success.

Just like dungeons and the LFD tool, Battlegrounds are hosted/located independently on its own server. As such, I stipulate the following:

1) Blizzard has limited space for active battlegrounds. 4-5 years ago, when BG's were first implemented, you could get instant queues at 60, or at least I remember for a time I could. However, with time, as the game populous has grown, I suspect the servers have as well, but not at the same rate. As are result, you have a wait time to get in an active BG slot, not so much because there is a faction imbalance, but because there are not enough active slots on the BG servers--in general.

2) Given (1), Blizzard has prioritized space/active BGs and allocates them to their larger demographics first. This would seem to fit--85 queues are a bit shorter, but there are also many more 85s than 70s at any given time in queue. Blizzard also prefers their players play at the highest level of content, so this comes naturally, given the 1 point.

3) The 70 twink population is actually growing, not rescinding. Considering how many XP-off AV queues hit (i've experienced a few myself), there are more people queuing at any given time. If (1) and (2) are true, then this would follow. Why would the queues be longer? More people waiting their turn. It'd be one thing if there weren't 80+ people for AV, but the fact of the matter is AV's popping. I think we've just hit our BG threshold.

i think one of the main bugs or w/e is when the finder is trying to fill av so naturally it takes longer to get 40 a side, but idk when it decides which game to play or anything of that which is annoying

Deadlyreflex said:
I'm pretty sure he means that he has 10 people queing at a time individually, not together. Also you can't run 10 man premades unless it is rated BG I think.

You can run 10, or at least i could about 4months ago.

Partajezuz said:
the reason (at least me and my mate) are getting bored to 70 twinks, is because we grinded instances for our gear. BT every week, ZA and other shit.. we got full epics and we were the ownage.

then the patch came, where noobs could grind brutals wayy too easy. just before that i had grinded marks and honor by world pvp to get a few off pieces.

you're a noob to me why you ask?

I grinded all my brutal in BC when it required rating brb crying.

Partajezuz said:
the reason (at least me and my mate) are getting bored to 70 twinks, is because we grinded instances for our gear. BT every week, ZA and other shit.. we got full epics and we were the ownage.

then the patch came, where noobs could grind brutals wayy too easy. just before that i had grinded marks and honor by world pvp to get a few off pieces.

It's not about gear, it's about how you play it. I do agree that brutal is a bit cheap but it's still not hard to beat noobs in the same gear. I like what's going on because it's skillful play.

Kruul said:
It's not about gear, it's about how you play it. I do agree that brutal is a bit cheap but it's still not hard to beat noobs in the same gear. I like what's going on because it's skillful play.

/flirt

Hay kruul :3

is your UI still messy as hell D:?

I like destroying full brutal noobs naked well its like near impossible to do in 4.0 due to everyone hitting for all my naked hp in a swing *twitch*

masterjamie93 said:
The 70 bracket isn't dieing and never will, the 70 bracket has become so much more active as people have already got bored of cataclysm and turned totinking 70. Stop putting out posts saying the bracket is dieing hen it is actually growing, kthxbye.
Hey Dickhole, i'm pretty sure most the good players have quit or are quitting the 70 bracket. We're discussing the problems and what might be the problems with the bracket, like broken/glitched/slow queue times.

Kruul said:
Hey Dickhole, i'm pretty sure most the good players have quit or are quitting the 70 bracket. We're discussing the problems and what might be the problems with the bracket, like broken/glitched/slow queue times.

theres still a few good players

and because i fuckin love forum epeen drama im going to do this..

Best of 70 twinks the REAL MOTHER FUCKIN LIST BITCHES.

Rogue Uncleswagg

Mage me because ima bawss?

Priest Papercat, Dachan or Kumo

Lock when jamble played Klanksterr

Shaman Legoz for resto Kruul EASILY for enhance im not trying to suck up for him but his not a shitty shaman that relys on wolfs . no one for ele ele is shit.

Warrior thepbaddy jks his a pure reetard. ragesauce or jamble

Hunter BRUTAL GLADIATOR r1 on VINDICATION IN s4 TRAPLOL OF DEUS VOX aka jamble

Death Knight lol deathknight brutallus

Paladin Holy - Non Ret - non -Pret non

eatmyshitbitchez.

Soberlolz said:
theres still a few good players

and because i fuckin love forum epeen drama im going to do this..

Best of 70 twinks the REAL MOTHER FUCKIN LIST BITCHES.

Shaman Legoz for resto Kruul EASILY for enhance im not trying to suck up for him but his not a shitty shaman that relys on wolfs . no one for ele ele is shit.

Warrior thepbaddy jks his a pure reetard. ragesauce or jamble

Paladin Holy - Non Ret - non -Pret non

eatmyshitbitchez.

i approve this message

Kruul said:
i approve this message

you would.

no but serusly super accurate list.

Jamble was a crazy hunter was like 2300 in merciless gear as Holypaladin/MMhunter pre 3.3.5 this was like in ulduar days.

he got rank 1 glad in s4 his hunters still around I think somewhere.

and paladin takes jack shit skill :|

skill lance and deep skill r hard

Kruul said:

Oh yeh maybe all of your "good" friends have quit, but I certainly know there has been an influx of above-average players flooding into the 70 bracket, especially cyclone EU, I suppose that's where all the skill lies?

WHAT ARE TEHSE EU NOOBS DOING IN MUH FURUMS D::::

SINCE IM SUPER FORGETFULL I DONT REMEMBER WHAT YOU GUYS SAID ABoOVE SO

PRET IS HARD

AS FOR DRUID

DRUID : BOOMKIN - LOLYOURJOKING RITE?

FEREAL - CHEYANNE AND KITTYPERRYQT

RESTO - LOLYOUSOFUNNNEH.

Users who are viewing this thread