70 arena set ups

examinerEU

Legend
Atm im 'fairly' decently geared

Gratitude @ Draenor - Game - World of Warcraft

And im doing 2s with a frost mage; but atm we have been having severe problems with 2x frost mages.

With the double deep freeze and shatter dmg done to me / or my partner i find it almost impossible to heal.

I have to try fake cast 2 counterspells and IF i do that i need to heal about 10k hp on both of us.

Not sure if this is a set up that we just cant do; or if there are tips anyone can give meh.

I do dispell anything i can; renew and PoM uptime is 100%.

Also have problems 1-1 vs frost mages; their dmg is insane so pressure is always high and if i try too hard to fake the CS i end up taking more dmg and losing the duel because of the instant deepfreezes etc.

im doing 2s with a frost mage; but atm we have been having severe problems with 2x frost mages.

With the double deep freeze and shatter dmg done to me / or my partner i find it almost impossible to heal.

I have to try fake cast 2 counterspells and IF i do that i need to heal about 10k hp on both of us.

Not sure if this is a set up that we just cant do; or if there are tips anyone can give meh.

I'm not realy the priest type so can't help you with the healing issue, but I do understand that you have a hard time against 2mages in opposite team.

All I can suggest is to pray that the Offset vendor comes back asap and buy all the offpieces, so you guys can get your resilience&stamina up. Definitely the mage, I see he's running with 336resi&12k health?

It's a good thing that he's going for haste since a mage doesn't need that much resi like the other casters, but he realy needs to get a decent healthpool, both of you actually.

Also tell your mage to get his glyphs sorted, it's realy a waste to Arena without glyphs.

PS. Mage armor is tha bomb

offtopic;

are bg's popping daily at 70's?

Yes, you can BG daily at 70 XP-locked BG's. Queue time varies between 5minutes and 45minutes as Horde (Can become Unavailable over night since people go to bed).

I suppose that Alliance has got close to instant-queues.

examinerEU said:
Atm im 'fairly' decently geared

Gratitude @ Draenor - Game - World of Warcraft

And im doing 2s with a frost mage; but atm we have been having severe problems with 2x frost mages.

Also have problems 1-1 vs frost mages; their dmg is insane so pressure is always high and if i try too hard to fake the CS i end up taking more dmg and losing the duel because of the instant deepfreezes etc.

U have a lot to work on ur armory, outlasting 2 low resi frost mages without having high resi urself is pretty tricky.

Not taking ur gear in account I would suggest this:

Start by offensive dispelling all of their buffs, ur mage can help stealing too. If they have 9000 magic effects ur mage won't be doing any damage, and u won't be able to dispel their procs if needed.

Stack up together hugging a pillar, play defensive make sure ur close enough to pop PW:B if u feel like theyre going for the deep freezes and keep prayer of mending poppin between u 2. At the first deep freezes PS(if u didn't manage to put a PW:B right before) urself, make ur mage trinket(no need to lose a gcd on blink u want to dp and cs asap) and cs a frostbolt(if they just spam icelance he can always snap deep freeze the other too, this is very situational though) while deep freezing the other, should save u from taking more then 30% health. Second time U will have to trinket and dispel ur mage, at this time u still have 2 iceblocks, pain suppression and power infusion up. By the third one of the mages should be dying or dead. Focus on the one with the least hp I guess, or if there is a big mana difference the one with the most mana. Keep dots up on both if u have time u know the usual as priest vs 2 dps.

About the 2 cs, at start get a double scream off, and spam mind control, let ur mage try to keep 1 other mage in control at a time, a poly on a then a poly on b, preferably time them when u think double deep freeze is inc. They well very often CS it and then u can freecast. Communicate to know when they wasted their CS, if they are both down & no deep freezes inc, u power infusion urself, heal up and start nuking the shit(offensive dispel > casting) out of them with holy fire, smite & mind blast (use this to get a cs off too. Some noobs think "omgmindblast dps spellz can't take that damage").

If u can't get them to cs ur shadow tree, u will have to dispel any freeze on u/ur mage, dispel their fof and fireball procs. Dispelling is instant and it will save u from a lot of damage! Icy veins and FoF are definitly worth it, Brain Freeze is not since FFB is level 75 and fireball is lousy damage.

If u get CSed, ur pretty much fucked, so try to cast with ur mage los, but u out of los next to some pillar. If u simply can't but I doubt that u can always just go behind a pillar, penance urself use instants & prayer of healing to keep ur mage off. I don't know ur mage mage team, it all depends a LOT of how they play and how good they are.

Cheers for the tips; but i dont see where i can get anymore resi; since offsets were removed can only use the pve gear and am running swp + bt whenever im free.

Offensive dispelling is what i do try remove the barrier + ms etc but doing that to two mages is EXTREMELY mana intensive (mages dont get spellsteal till later).

Main problem here is that most frost mages we face now are pretty clever; and know how to LoS hump and predict me trying to LoS; keeping me locked down.

If i do find myself surviving the burst im always on 35% mana ish from the dispells and if i go offensive i risk a sudden nuke from CS.

Am hoping the disc buff in 4.0.6 does me justice.

Ugh replied to this but pc crashed :>

Ehm dispell one mage offensivly, lookup the one with least resi on armory if u queue against the same guys over n over.

If u know that they know what u are going to do, u know what they are going to do. Use that against them somehow ;)

Don't be scared to burn ur mana, u should be able to get a drink whenever u want to playing with a mage. Dont go offensive with smite/holy fire if they can cs u, make them cs ur shadow tree before that and try fakecasting some flash heals when ur at 100%

"ur mage can help stealing too." ROFLMAO

how r u can be so dumb ?

another PRO TRICK from best druid 70 bracket /facepalm

Fisheye said:
"ur mage can help stealing too." ROFLMAO

how r u can be so dumb ?

another PRO TRICK from best druid 70 bracket /facepalm

Sorry my mage is 85, had no idea spellsteal got raised to 76. Im happy for u that u could actually find some dirt on me. See u in arena after 30 mins in queue to match ur 1.5K mmr then spend 1 minute on u to get 0 rating m8 :D

Ohaider said:
Get over 9000 resil. Double dps will never beat healer/dps unless they're hybrids tbh.

Rank1 druid/lock here, got beaten twice by mage/rogue with seriously, not the best gear. Wouldn't say were too stupid and don't know what to do, they just worked us, we won some games, but so did they.

They would open on me or the lock having 1 sap on either one of us, it would go garrote silence on me > deep freeze > kidney > me at 500-3k hp depending on their rng. Trinket one of those? I get blinded and they rajp my warlock. We lost because of RNG once, and because the healthstone bugged so i had 2K hp less healing trough silence :)

kidney-deep freeze and you dont trinket any of this LOL

and they will rape warlock with 600 resi, soulink hs + coil + shadowfury in 10 seconds ?

with impossible to sheep druid + dispell, lock + druid cant even lose to roguemage.

moar plz /popcorn

Fisheye said:

and they will rape warlock with 600 resi, soulink hs + coil + shadowfury in 10 seconds ?

with impossible to sheep druid + dispell, lock + druid cant even lose to roguemage.

moar plz /popcorn

You do understand that you can polymorph druids and they can't shapeshift out of it? I don't see how their cc would be impossible in that case.

Gihipoxu said:
Rank1 druid/lock here, got beaten twice by mage/rogue with seriously, not the best gear. Wouldn't say were too stupid and don't know what to do, they just worked us, we won some games, but so did they.

I cant link an armoury right now, but the mage/rogue that beat you are called <MERKYMOO>, they are my 3s partners, search Gígs and then click on either spliffyz or esiioo. they are the mage rogue that beat you.

Fisheye said:

moar plz /popcorn

Hahahahah imppossible to sheep druid HAHAHAHAHAHHAAH Are u fucking retarded or haven't played druid since 4.0? Either way get out of this thread noob. A simple blind while I have to hot guarantees a full fucking 30second cc duration the least if they aren't 100% stupid. But yeah of course i should trinket the kidney my lock can survive 30 seconds against the highest burst dps combo i've seen, who was I kidding xD Srsly go play lego kid

Users who are viewing this thread