EU+US 7.3 PTR Weapon Changes

Imnotabelf

Legend
A thread was made on this for the 60-69 bracket with some great info. And it accidentally got sidetracked at some points with discussions if 20-29 items (my bad).

Original thread (thanks Rob for finding this): https://xpoff.com/threads/huge-gear-changes-in-7-3.73358/page-4#post-1057904

I'm going to start a thread for the 20-29 section to discuss the changes to weapons in our bracket. Please feel free to post weapon changes/armor changes here to sort of build a new database.

Basic info:

Daggers = 1.80 Speed
2H Weapons = 3.60 Speed
1H Weapons = 2.60 Speed

Bloodied Arcanite Reaper, Haunting Blade, Jagged Wing Slicer, etc. are no longer superior items. Battlegrounds weapons (item level 28) are now the best in-game weapons (excluding invasion gear).

It appears that weapons all have minor damage changes, so I won't update those anymore. Also it seems most weapons that previously only had secondary stats now have primary stats as well (i.e.: Cruel Barb, Buzzer Blade, etc.).

Weapon | Current Stats | New Stats
Fel Lord's Warmace (item level 35) | 16.16 DPS (46-70 Damage) | 16.09 DPS (50-65 Damage)
Recruit's Decapitator (item level 28) | 12.22 DPS (35-53 Damage) | 12.22 DPS (28-60 Damage)
Emil's Brand (item level 32) | 11.45 DPS (28-43 Damage) | 11.53 DPS (31-52 Damage)
Bloodied Arcanite Reaper (item level 25) | 11.32 DPS (32-54 Damage) | 11.25 DPS (26-55 Damage)
Reforged Truesilver Champion (item level 25) | 11.25 DPS (32-49 Damage) | 11.25 DPS (30-51 Damage)

Band of Argas (item level 32) | 5 Strength/Agility/Intellect (?), 4 Stamina | 4 Strength/Agility/Intellect, 4 Stamina

The Stockades:
Skeletal Gauntlets (plate) - updated
Turnkey's Pauldrons (plate) - new
Cinderstich Tunic (leather) - new
Fire-Hardened Shackles (mail) - new
Girdle of Nobility (cloth) - updated
Silk-Threaded Trousers (cloth) - updated
Cast Iron Waistplate (plate) - new

Deadmines:
Armbands of Exiled Architects (cloth) - new
Gear-marked Gauntlets (plate) - updated
Smelter's Britches (mail) - new
Smelting Pants (leather) - updated
Gold-Flecked Gloves (cloth) - updated
Vest of the Curious Visitor (leather) - new
Old Friend's Gloves (mail) - new
Cape of the Brotherhood (all) - updated
Corsair's Overshirt (cloth) - updated

Shadowfang Keep:
Robes of Arugal (cloth) - updated
Breastplate of the Stilled Heart (mail) - new
Gloves of the Greymane Wall (plate) - new
Boots of Lingering Sorrow (cloth) - new
Boots of the Predator (leather) - new
Worgen Hunter's Helm (mail) - new <---- Why does mail get a new helmet... Fuck you.
Gloves of the Uplifted Cup (leather) - new
Greaves of the Misguided (plate) - new

Last edited:
Lul normalise weapon speed so that they are pretty much the same now

Did anyone end up finding out if they nerfed wands in ipvp? Haven't been active, but going to jump online tonight

made some updates. Still have more items I'd like to go through when I have the time.

currently in a bg que (who knows if it'll pop lol) to test the wand vs. sword stats.

Users who are viewing this thread