US 7.2 and our bracket

Plebmades or naw

• Yes

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
I'm trying to buy one myself currently. I have decent toons as is, but I'd love an invasion geared one.

Why bother though? Since gear doesn't really matter [that much] in BGs anymore. Plus with the nerf to DPS in instanced PvP, everyone is a lot less bursty so it matters even less imho

Maybe it's time to come back...? Wish i had managed to get another class full legion geared before the event was ended.

Tbh, I wouldn't worry about the Invasion Gear too much. Just log on and try it out with whatever gear you have on. It doesn't matter much anyway.

I've been inactive for a while and I can honestly say that I'm glad I logged on for a couple games tonight cuz I had a lot of fun. [emoji16]

I just wish i didn't have to dl 30 effing gigs of stuff (my downloading/uploading is god awful). but while I wait for Stormblood to come out this could be a good distraction.

Tbh, I wouldn't worry about the Invasion Gear too much. Just log on and try it out with whatever gear you have on. It doesn't matter much anyway.

I've been inactive for a while and I can honestly say that I'm glad I logged on for a couple games tonight cuz I had a lot of fun. [emoji16]

Because I love dueling as well. Plus, I have 3 level 100s+ but can't seem to get into them, but find myself playing 19-20s all day every day. Just having some of the best gear at that level would satisfy me I guess. I'm also willing to pay for transfer fees if I do ever find a seller. :)

Edit: that is if the person didn't want to sell the account as a whole, but only the toon with the gear.

My first expression about 7.2:

I had to wait until the 3 GB patch downloaded, now the WoW client eats 50 GB. I waited 5 min until the battle.net app has finally started. -.- I logged to my mistweaver monk. It almost burned my laptop, because this patch ... up all my settings, it changed to ultra or something. I have changed everything back to minimum. The game is uglier than ever. /sigh Still the FPS was 30. After several heart attacks I have found I was still playing in windowed mode. Ok, now I enjoy my ... 40 FPS as before. *happiness* It's time to check the abilities. I have realized Mistwalk has been removed. It replaced by some generic ... talents. These ...heads remove every ...ing fun from the game all time. ... YOUR ... BLIZZARD!

My heart is too weak now to join a BG. It was enough torture for this day. I would barely survive a single rolfstomp by those ... survival ...holes. I wonder how strong they are now. I'm afraid I am going to drink a little wine to gather some courage after all. The queue time will tell... or kill me.

P.S.: Not a single BG has dropped for 1 hour 30 min (AV is blacklisted as usually). I've given up. x(

Last edited:
So a really long time ago... like reeaally long time ago (Burning Crusade or so) I enjoyed playing a 29 Affliction Warlock just to DoT up every enemy I could find and just trying my hardest to stay alive while doing so. I know seems boring, but I enjoyed it for some odd reason..

So how are Affliction Warlocks in the 20-29 bracket nowadays? Are they so underwhelming that I shouldn't even bother playing a Warlock? Any good substitutes? Balance Druid maybe? Any input would be appreciated.

Warlocks can definitely put out some burst, but if you're looking for top damage/close to it every bg, go balance druid of those two options. (imho)

Warlocks can definitely put out some burst, but if you're looking for top damage/close to it every bg, go balance druid of those two options. (imho)

Tried it tonight. First time ever going balance in BGs tbh. Really enjoyed it! Thanks for the suggestion! [emoji108][emoji16][emoji106]

I'm glad 29s is happening now; I went to private servers (vanilla) with friends just to play 29s.

However, aren't BGs getting scaled? How does gear matter? Aren't we all going to have similar hp and damage input?

Maybe I'm understanding the total twinking in legion wrong? I was told by random players in game that BG twinking isn't a thing anymore, twinks (and mostly 101) only work in wpvp

I'm glad 29s is happening now; I went to private servers (vanilla) with friends just to play 29s.

However, aren't BGs getting scaled? How does gear matter? Aren't we all going to have similar hp and damage input?

Maybe I'm understanding the total twinking in legion wrong? I was told by random players in game that BG twinking isn't a thing anymore, twinks (and mostly 101) only work in wpvp

Yeah gear, enchants, etc only really matter in PvE and WPvP now.

Although there is a very minute advantage of having the highest iLvl gear equipped when going into a BG, the increase in stats over everyone else is incredibly small; so much so in fact that most people don't even bother farming for BiS gear anymore to do BGs, let alone swapping into their "Highest iLvl set" before queueing up for a BG. We're talking about a fraction of a percentage here. You can literally just level up to 20 or 29 (matter of preference), buy some white gear from a vendor, and you'll already be good to go to start doing BGs.

But even with the nerf to iPvP DPS, the increase in stamina, and the normalization of stats and gear.. I sincerely think that the 20-29 bracket hasn't felt this alive in a really long time. It's almost as if leveling the playing field for everyone, to where actual skill (or OP classes) matter so much more than the gear people have equipped, has revitalized the bracket.

Sure, I miss the OPness of my precious twinks. But I'm still proud to have them and their BiS gear as part of my collection. And I am also definitely pleasantly surprised at how much fun my friends and I have been having in this bracket lately!

Give it a shot! You just might enjoy yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had my first BG in two weeks yesterday.

Horrible. They increased the HP without making proportional increases to damage or healing. Healers are at least three orders of magnitude harder to take down than before, and they were already on the OP side to begin with.

This might be the killing blow to the 20-29 bracket. They aren't going to reverse the change because nobody will complain about it at max level. Enjoy needing half of your team to take down a healer.

Now it just takes coordination to kill a healer. DPS have been spoiled by being able to burst down healers before. They shouldn't be able to do that. Solo killing a heal takes finesse, something that most WoW players lack.

/cheers

Queues have been amazing, I've moved up to this bracket from 19's...I enjoy the extra bg's and mounts...queues have been on all day long thanks to the F2p community.

Users who are viewing this thread