60 twink warlock

Volsci

Legend
I have a 49 warlock that dinged when I was going to lock exp >.<

I don't care about 49 anyway, so I decided to level it to 60 because I CBA to go 70 atm.

How viable are warlocks at 60? Tons of fun and stuff?

I have no idea about anything in the bracket.. so any tips are welome.

Armories please?

Thanks,

-Kohes

In my opinion warlocks are really UP in that bracket =) Mostly they get oneshottet or ignored =P

mfg

As already stated warlocks are an underpowered class. Though a skilled warlock can be highly useful and put out some crazy numbers while staying alive using CC well. Kudos for you for playing lock @ 60 not many running around

Any suggestions?

I am not 100% sure how to go, I am 3/8 t2 for sure for the 15% life funnel, and then am looking at TBC gem pieces where I will pick up +15stam/resi gems.

Or is full resi better?

I just want enough HP not to get lolgimped by ambush+evis; if 60 rogues are anything like 19, as soon as I can get out of the opener I will be fine.

Shanks and skanks!

-Kohes

As a 60 lock just focus on staying with a group. Ran into a group of 3 casters in a WSG the other day that was very hard to deal with... shadow priest, demo lock, frost mage. If you're more of a solo player go resil/stam if you stay in groups get a full Spellpower set and see how fast things die.

As a 60 lock just focus on staying with a group. Ran into a group of 3 casters in a WSG the other day that was very hard to deal with... shadow priest, demo lock, frost mage. If you're more of a solo player go resil/stam if you stay in groups get a full Spellpower set and see how fast things die.

agreed^. i played 60s during 3.2 all the way to 3.3.3, and though i didnt play one, a tap dotting lock or a demo lock looked like the most fun thing in the world. Demo had Demo form back then though, so i suppose its out of consideration for you. Nevertheless, locks are so underplayed and underpowered in the bracket (they were when i played, i can tell they are now just by reading all the posts in this forum section). If you can manage to 1v1 a good sub rogue or mage and come out on top, your gonna get some recognition for it.

Its a challenge as things are now. Atm its the poorest class in the bracket at 60, as you play in 70 you will know their in a rather bad place at 70 but its even worse at 60.

A well played/geared 60 lock just cant beat a well played/geared rouge/prot pala/mage, even with full resil stacking you will die before you can say nomnom. Only way to work it is team play. Left alone they are actually okey dmg wise so with a disc priest backing you up i can def see it working.

As for soloing? If you beat any other class its because you are the better player/ got better gear, every class in the 60 bracket would demolish any lock if they where skilled/geared.

Locks takes me between 0.5 and 1.0 sec to kill as ehn when i have lifebloom/ swarmguard/gabbar popped and just use stormstrike. Even resil stacked 64 locks are still soft targets sadly.

"if 60 rogues are anything like 19, as soon as I can get out of the opener I will be fine."

<
Sadly not at 60 they have Garrote, Cheap shot, Cos, preparation & blind. Sort of like 70 rouges - shadow dance. The dmg is high at 70 hence the short arenas but even more so at 60, chances are after you get out of that opener you are at the spirit healer. The rouges go full agi just like 70 tho so there is some hope they are squishy aswell and can drop just as fast when they got their asses exposed.

Its a challenge to play a ub class and that makes it worthwhile, no fun in being durp op; I tryed a 64 blood dk and that was fun but it got old real fast. Plus class mechanics/balance/brackets are not set in stone. And mop will bring some major changes across the board.

Users who are viewing this thread