60 still viable?

koci53z

Legend
Hello everyone
After 4 years break Im thinking about coming back to WoW. After seeing cata gameplay im not that interested in playing on 85. So my questions are.

1. You gain xp when in BG. In order to stay at 60 you need to lock your xp. When locking xp you only play with people that also have locked xp? Or they changed it and you can play with other lvling players?

2. Is there any dedicated server where to roll 60? Any twink guilds out there? I saw the thread about a twink guild on Outland.

3. Most important question. Is running as lvl 60 with AQ gear in BGs fun (even if you play against 64 twinks)? Just tell me the truth, don't want to buy a new WoW copy and get dissapointed when there are no BGs running and im getting raped by high lvl chars

Those questions are really important for me so if anyone is willing to answer them Ill be really thankful :)

Oh cmon, so many views and no reply? Im just about to buy WoW but im waiting for your answers : /

I'll help, though I usually stay out of this bracket. I can answer questions pertaining to twinking in general, however :p

1) Once you turn off your exp through the exp eliminators in org and sw, you can only play games with other non-exp characters.

2) There are twink guilds out there, and they are pretty common across the website. Check out the Guild Recruitment and Looking for Guild section for more info :)

3) I wouldn't know from experience as I've only ever tried out the bracket once at 60, but from what I understand, a skilled enough lvl 60 can beat a 64 with ease due to stat scaling. 64s, however, can stack resilience gems, thus making them pretty dominant. Take what you will from my advice, remember I'm not a 60-64 twink :p

since you have been gone 4 years, blizzard made BC part of basic WOW....so basic game is 1-70. if your account was van-wow, it now includes BC so you will have to turn off XP to stay at 60.

this has affected XP off 60-64 bracket because many players level past 60 and stop at 70 ending up in the 70-74 XP off bracket. 60-64 bracket i believe is rather dead now due to this. to get BGs many 64's are using exploit to get into XP-on BGs and not get XP

due to the use of WOTLK gems, 64's now have the advantage, customization,.and overpower even old grandfathered t-3 and t-3.5 level-60's

What do you mean by this? I thought naxx was the last content patch? confused!

anyway, in my experience in the EU queues aren't popping any more, if yo uwant games you'll have to collaborate with other 60s.

Best place to go i would say is Argent conquest -- Argent Conquest Information --

Alot of fun being in that guild i must say :p but also i wouldnt go outland in my personal opinion from what i hear from alot of the guild members there

Check out my signature.

I checked out, tho like none is playing (didn't seen many ppl online). And most of the ppl stated that 60-64 on locked xp is dead ; /

Most of the twinks are using an exploit to join XP On BG's with XP off in this bracket... Sad but true :p

Users who are viewing this thread