59 Dungeon Twink

JwardT

I've been working on making a lvl 59 PVE twink and am wondering if anyone has done this before or knows enough about old content that could give me some guidance. I've found that after 51 there are only 2 WoD available to queue for. So first question, should I grind the only two dungeons available for warforged? Or should I try and solo the dungeons (it's doable, just takes a lot longer due to the higher scaling). Second question, Ive walked into some dungeons solo and cleared them, but droprates for gear feel REALLY low. Am I missing something?

Just your RNG. WOD dungeons have a 100% drop rate if you solo, but low WF proc. Other era dungeons won't have 100% drop rate.

What are your goals for this twink? A level 10 might be better fitted if you are looking for a "destroy everything in sight" kind of PvE twink.

Just your RNG. WOD dungeons have a 100% drop rate if you solo, but low WF proc. Other era dungeons won't have 100% drop rate.

What are your goals for this twink? A level 10 might be better fitted if you are looking for a "destroy everything in sight" kind of PvE twink.
This is more of a challenge experience. I don't want soloing dungeons to be a joke, and I want as many tools a class can have before being locked out of Chromie time. The harder scaling is what makes it more exciting.

This is more of a challenge experience. I don't want soloing dungeons to be a joke, and I want as many tools a class can have before being locked out of Chromie time. The harder scaling is what makes it more exciting.
I'm on my way to a 59. I locked a 45 Panda Shammy just for fun and He is. Got 2 30 Hunters, so 1 will go Survival 59 to see how much fun i can have while not being OP, but still a near bis for that level.

I am not sure what lvl it happens but sometime in the 50s you lose the ability to que every dungeon and I dont know why. I have a lvl locked 46 priest I like to play as well.

The moment you hit level 51, you lose access to queue for any dungeons not listed specifically as 10-60 in the RDF.

The ideal level to stop at if you want access to all dungeon content is level 50. At 50, you can queue for every single dungeon except DF dungeons.

Of note, starting at 55, Warforged items are eligible for a DF gem if they proc a socket as WF items at level 55 are item level 200, at 59 WF gear is ilev 216.

The easiest way to get a basic set of gear at 50+ is to complete all available dungeon quests for clasic through WOD outside of Chromie time, then re join a Chromie time and then go turn the quests in. Outside of chromie time, you can just breeze through the dungeons, then you can go back into CT and turn the quests in and the reward will scale to your level.

You might even get lucky on some of the TBC dungeon quests and get an epic upgrade on the 2-3 socket items allowing you to use 2-3 DF gems.
My mage got lucky on the chest if you are curious

Tak

Also, here is my 50 Fury War if you are curious Reeklame . He is a lot of fun to play, but definitely cant solo dungeons.

I'm pretty sure they broke chromie time dungeons for 51+ when they added lvl 60 to chromie time. Most xpacs have only 2-3 dungeons available, and I think none of the cata dungeons are avail. I'm not sure if this is even on Blizz's radar to fix.

I've got a 59 hunter in full WF/classic epics...It's god mode in PVP of course, but honestly it sucks in PVE. I get outdamaged by lvl 20s in heirloom gear in dungeons. The secondary stat scaling drops off really hard from 50-60, so you get less value from each piece of gear.

I can barely solo some bosses if I go BM with a tanky pet (clefthoof is the best imo) and spam mend pet the whole fight... but its slow af. I geared by having a friend or my 2nd account high level run me thru in legacy loot. You don't always get gear for your class but you can clear most of the wod dungeons in under 5 min.

Not sure if you can still just walk into all the other WoD dungeons while 51+ in chromie time or if they broke that too.

Level 50 might be the best for a high level PVE twink if you want to play with azerite. Access to all dungeons in finder and you can supplement your WF gear with mythic Nyalotha drops since they are the same ilvl at 50. Most bosses should be easy for a lvl 70 to carry if you can find someone to help you.

*edit* another bonus for lvl 50 is that the BFA legendary cloak proc still works, it's a pretty huge buff.

The moment you hit level 51, you lose access to queue for any dungeons not listed specifically as 10-60 in the RDF.

The ideal level to stop at if you want access to all dungeon content is level 50. At 50, you can queue for every single dungeon except DF dungeons.

Of note, starting at 55, Warforged items are eligible for a DF gem if they proc a socket as WF items at level 55 are item level 200, at 59 WF gear is ilev 216.

The easiest way to get a basic set of gear at 50+ is to complete all available dungeon quests for clasic through WOD outside of Chromie time, then re join a Chromie time and then go turn the quests in. Outside of chromie time, you can just breeze through the dungeons, then you can go back into CT and turn the quests in and the reward will scale to your level.

You might even get lucky on some of the TBC dungeon quests and get an epic upgrade on the 2-3 socket items allowing you to use 2-3 DF gems.
My mage got lucky on the chest if you are curious

Tak

Also, here is my 50 Fury War if you are curious Reeklame . He is a lot of fun to play, but definitely cant solo dungeons.
This is great information that I haven't been able to find elsewhere. Thank you so much for the help!

I always wondered if this would work but never tested it out for myself, Thanks for the info I am going to use it on a 50 I am making.

I'm pretty sure they broke chromie time dungeons for 51+ when they added lvl 60 to chromie time. Most xpacs have only 2-3 dungeons available, and I think none of the cata dungeons are avail. I'm not sure if this is even on Blizz's radar to fix.

I've got a 59 hunter in full WF/classic epics...It's god mode in PVP of course, but honestly it sucks in PVE. I get outdamaged by lvl 20s in heirloom gear in dungeons. The secondary stat scaling drops off really hard from 50-60, so you get less value from each piece of gear.

I can barely solo some bosses if I go BM with a tanky pet (clefthoof is the best imo) and spam mend pet the whole fight... but its slow af. I geared by having a friend or my 2nd account high level run me thru in legacy loot. You don't always get gear for your class but you can clear most of the wod dungeons in under 5 min.

Not sure if you can still just walk into all the other WoD dungeons while 51+ in chromie time or if they broke that too.

Level 50 might be the best for a high level PVE twink if you want to play with azerite. Access to all dungeons in finder and you can supplement your WF gear with mythic Nyalotha drops since they are the same ilvl at 50. Most bosses should be easy for a lvl 70 to carry if you can find someone to help you.

*edit* another bonus for lvl 50 is that the BFA legendary cloak proc still works, it's a pretty huge buff
Playing as a hybrid has def made it easier to solo dungeons. I think the difficulty is what makes it more fun. Thats why Im shooting for the 59 lvl. And yes, I've been able to walk into WoD dungeons solo
*Edit* The WoD are scaled in chromie time, you just can't queue for them

Your 59 solely does PvE? do you q any bgs or arenas? I don't have DF and i only twink 60 and 20s btw.
Yeah I haven't done any PVP at all on this 59. It was kind of an experiment to see if twinking out a 59 was doable solo, and to do solo run's of the old dungeons.

Users who are viewing this thread