5.2, Immortal No More

Valencia

Legend
Just curious of what everyone thinks of the new patch!

Currently doing a handful of battlegrounds, so far the change has been quite noticeable especially among the resilience stackers, 90% being reduced to a mere 74% in BGs.

However I do believe this BG level scaling is still a bit buggy, primaries aren't raised what so ever, same for hit rating from what I've seen from my character sheet.

I would be really interested how the new resilience formula would work out an 70. Could it possibly be an interesting bracket again? =)

View Post Vec, on 06 March 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:
Reduction = 0.4 + 0.6*(x/(x+11727)) , x is resil
From ArenaJunkies, if someone is interested in the formula

EU servers hasn't gone live yet, but from the things I hear from the US forum about stat scaling im not sure I even want to log my 70, your level gets scaled up but your stats will not, hit, crit etc. this might mean that if you still want to stay competetive, you'll have to level up 74

I feel like at lower amounts of resilience, I have more resi than what I would have before, like 45% to 55%, however, but at higher amounts, you will get less, like Valencia said, 90 to 74%.

Attachments

• Long ass que.JPG
    Long ass que.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 222
Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like at lower amounts of resilience, I have more resi than what I would have before, like 45% to 55%, however, but at higher amounts, you will get less, like Valencia said, 90 to 74%.

Yeah, especially as a protection spec. I stacked my FC set to about 65% and didn't lose much in BG due to scaling, not to mention our 15% reduction passive.

Death Siphon healing bahahaha View attachment 1520
Ques were shorter tho :)

Screw your Siphon :mad:

I don't think 74% is correct, my shammy was close to 90 and went down to 77.36% w/o flask.
Good change, but I do not believe that it will suffice or change much for the better.
As I see it this will just result in hybrids dominating bgs even harder.

The one thing that could fix this bracket was if the healing component of pvp power for hybrids/healers became a much much more vital/dominating part of pvp balance at 90.
More or less so that self heals w/o pvp power in bgs became borderline worthless, then the limited power available at 70 would put hybrids in place. As it is now I would much rather keep slaying on my 90 hunt than watch some retard backpeaddle 10 yards before healing himself to 100% with one instant on my 70 hunt.

"Twinking RIP" "Twinking is no more" "Twinking is dying."

Slightly annoyed at these comments, albeit everyone has their right to voice their opinion of what has become of the game; everything is subject to change, we've seen much of that in the 70 bracket itself.

Personally I believe this 'low level battleground' will change, especially with how glitchy it is. Resilience stacking aside, now the complaining is about hybrids. Truly not all people can be satisfied hum? :p

"Twinking RIP" "Twinking is no more" "Twinking is dying."

Slightly annoyed at these comments, albeit everyone has their right to voice their opinion of what has become of the game; everything is subject to change, we've seen much of that in the 70 bracket itself.

Personally I believe this 'low level battleground' will change, especially with how glitchy it is. Resilience stacking aside, now the complaining is about hybrids. Truly not all people can be satisfied hum? :p
Because twinks have never adapted before. lolol sarcasm.

we are, we are. but we had a very good opportunity to...
what now? we just can not, there is nothing to adapt, at all.

(notice, im aint talking bout 1500 raiting or noob bgs, im talking about real high raited arena and a very strong pro play bgs without deaths etc. its all about sp, owlkin + any other res gemmed healers, even 5.2, nothing have been changed for me as a rpaladin for example. the same way as a healer / sp / monkin could live 4ever, they live for now in 5.2, and still i cant burst for example 50% hp rdruid thru the 3 stacks of the lb in the stun!

tbc / wotlk / cata - welcome to the one shot in the stun, mop? mop - gtfo bro. <--- the real dot, untill next expansion?)

You have a druid, pally, AND shaman. Play an OP spec. Have fun. Profit ??
Or play a DK (P.s DKs don't die in a 1v1 vs prot/spriest)

funny thing, but i just raped bdk to the ground on my ret in a duel :D

as a shaman i play enh only, hate healing shamans
as a paladin i liked to play holy when they were fucked up and shit. for now ret only.
about the druid - US account, latency, and the same thing as a paly, liked to play in cata when they were... total shit!
also i have a fury warrior, -10% hp to the random rdruid with broshtorm and full gear? okai.

if you want to play class - you are bad player, go any random offline game, use god cheat and masturbate.
if you want to pwn op classes and feel how bad they are feeling themself when you rape em - pro.
(lil notice: only when it is avalible to do, not like you cant kill the afking healer with a hots cuz of the shitgame!)

DK must of sucked tbh...because we're pretty OP with death siphon atm. I get you you liking certain specs. I honestly don't see the problem. It's your choice to play a spec that isn't as OP as the others. Even when ret gets buffed, you quit now and not 5.1?

DK must of sucked tbh...because we're pretty OP with death siphon atm. I get you you liking certain specs. I honestly don't see the problem. It's your choice to play a spec that isn't as OP as the others. Even when ret gets buffed, you quit now and not 5.1?

You're saying this as a 74 with all the damage talents that 70s lost. Please stop with this biased opinion.

This is where you're wrong. 70s death siphon is just as good as mine(74). It may not have the burst like mine with dancing rune weapon, but the survivability is there.

Users who are viewing this thread