49 SV Hunter Gear List (WIP)

Alright :-D Thank you, chosen to twink in the 49 bracket (was a toss up between 39 and 49) and I think I will enjoy the 49 more. Too bad hurricane isn't too good, as I said I have two of them :p But, atleast VKA is free! And I guess I will just go with the bow until (if) blizz decided to change the ammo, and by then Im sure I can grab the UDHC. Thanks again

BoA gun/bow are pretty much worthless due to the fact that you cant attach 30hit scope (You really should be hit-capped before doing anything else). You could argue that the new engineering trinket could solve this problem but if you get to the hit cap with the trinket, a VKA or Guttbuster would be better with a +7scope (better burst. Not sure about VKA but guttbuster im pretty sure about)

You are right about the ammo, the rockshard pellets are by FAR the best dps ammo in the bracket, i regularly farm brd for them

But yea, check my gear, i think ive got a decent balance of stats. You should be aiming for 4k.

Glyphs: I use Wyvern sting and disengage. Monkey glyph is getting/has been nerfed

Also, keep a few stacks of anti-venom, makes rogues even more easy-mode

Dalepatd said:
BoA gun/bow are pretty much worthless due to the fact that you cant attach 30hit scope (You really should be hit-capped before doing anything else). You could argue that the new engineering trinket could solve this problem but if you get to the hit cap with the trinket, a VKA or Guttbuster would be better with a +7scope (better burst. Not sure about VKA but guttbuster im pretty sure about)

You are right about the ammo, the rockshard pellets are by FAR the best dps ammo in the bracket, i regularly farm brd for them

But yea, check my gear, i think ive got a decent balance of stats. You should be aiming for 4k.

Glyphs: I use Wyvern sting and disengage. Monkey glyph is getting/has been nerfed

This is what's pushing the UDHC above the other weapons, even though it isn't scope viable. [ITEM]11630[/ITEM]

Top end damage with 49 ranged weapons + best of their ammo type (Rockshard Pellet 18 DPS from Lord Roccar in BRD, standard vendor arrow 13 DPS)+ best damage scope.

Verdant Keeper’s Aim = 170 damage.

Gut Buster = 171 Damage

Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon (no scope usable): 173 Damage at 49.

Verdant Keeper’s however can get the ranged hit scope and has a damage proc, but low end damage on UDHC is 81 vs the other two’s 68 (Verdant)and 62(Gut).

What I stated in a 39's thread regarding the UDHC:

Actually, it seems that the BoA gun at 49 (81-121, 2.9 Speed) + the 18 DPS Ammo (Rockshard Pellets) from BRD's Lord Roccor will be better than the best 49's gun (Guttbuster) using that same ammo + scope or the Verdant Keeper's Aim + scope + Jagged Arrow (only 13 DPS) resulting in a top end damage of 173 for UDHC, 170 for VKA and 171 for Guttbuster. UDHC also has the highest low end damage of the the 3 and slowest speed. Autoshot + Multi/Aimed shot + Arcane Shot + Auto Shot bursts from UDHC will be reliably higher than with the Guttbuster or Verdant Keepers Aim, though VKA has the highest burst "Potential" because of that proc. Additionally, the VKA can be given the +30 Ranged hit rating scope. I remember reading somewhere that the hit cap for the bracket is 40, so between this and Sure Footed, you can hit cap easily, making this a highly valuable to Hunters playing more of a control role.

Basically... have fun choosing at 49.

With the new trinket that is apparently coming out, the surefooted enchant and a shift of a talent point or two into steady aim, hit capping should be cake and full exploitation of the UDHC can commence. It's 2.9 Speed also makes it very viable for Melee Range Viper Aspect recharge without using a weapon switch to the 3.0 speed Sniper Rifle.

Dalepatd said:

[ITEM]11630[/ITEM]

From a previous thread I poked into:

Actually, it seems that the BoA gun at 49 (81-121, 2.9 Speed) + the 18 DPS Ammo (Rockshard Pellets) from BRD's Lord Roccor will be better than the best 49's gun (Guttbuster) using that same ammo + scope or the Verdant Keeper's Aim + scope + Jagged Arrow (only 13 DPS) resulting in a top end damage of 173 for UDHC, 170 for VKA and 171 for Guttbuster. UDHC also has the highest low end damage of the the 3 and slowest speed. Autoshot + Multi/Aimed shot + Arcane Shot + Auto Shot bursts from UDHC will be reliably higher than with the Guttbuster or Verdant Keepers Aim, though VKA has the highest burst "Potential" because of that proc. Additionally, the VKA can be given the +30 Ranged Attack Power scope. I remember reading somewhere that the hit cap for the bracket is 40, so between this and Sure Footed, you can hit cap easily, making this a highly valuable to Hunters playing more of a control roll.

Basically... have fun choosing at 49.

Curious question, what is the hit cap for 49 hunters? I know 2H melee is around 40-43, but I never bothered to look into the hunter hit cap. Also if you're hitcapped as a hunter does that make your pet hitcapped as well? (leveling my hunter now, got a couple biznick's sitting around ready to go)

Thanks, I didn't think anything had changed either, I just don't see a lot of hunters trying to hitcap so I was confused. I'm definitely going for the cap on mine.

The new trinket definitely makes hitcapping trivial with surefooted. I'd still probably take the +30 hit scope so I have a little more flexibility in my trinkets. Rune of the guard captain, bizniks, surefooted, and perhaps blackstone ring, will put you at 55 hit, which is over the cap.

Although for BM hunters, do pets follow the 5% for white damage? Or would it be the -19% DW penalty?

I like that! :D Glad pets don't need a higher hitcap.

I think I'll cap out my BM spec at 55 and my MM/Surv spec at 40. Even at my 40 hit right now for my hunter, I see my pet missing quite a bit against classes like rogues.

I believe that "spell damage" pet abilities are on the spell hit system at present, though in recent blue posts they want to do away with this. There are certain talents and racials that reduce chance to be hit even further. I know that a few rogues are are simply at the yellow hit cap find that duelling NE Sub rogues is especially frustrating.

Okay, I'd be looking to lose 44 Stamina, 8 Int, 12 agility, 33 Attack Power if the 3.1 changes stay... so 440 health and 120 mana.

Changing from Legguards of the Vault to Searingscale Leggings will change the following

5 - 13 Agility (+8)

13 - 13 Stamina (No change)

5 - 0 Hit Rating (Loss of 5)

26 - 20 Ap (Loss of 6)

0 - 13 Int (Gain of 13)

The result is ap goes back up 15, while also gaining 195 mana. post 3.1 with gear changes, I'll be down 18 AP, 440 Health and gain 75 mana.

Users who are viewing this thread