49 resto shaman

I recently began twinking my shaman, and i would like to know what the best gear for a 49 resto shaman is. Also i would like to know what glyphs to use. I have looked around on the AH but noone really seems any good.

Thanks

Currently using Glyph of Water Mastery, Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem, and the minor Water Shield one. My emphasis is on mp5/sp mostly, and while I solo queue lots, I'm mainly designed as heal support for my guild.

[char=Drak%27thul]Aghnya[/char]

Cheers!

Question to those resto shamans out there... is it worth stepping into the enhance tree to grab insta ghost?

Taitaih said:
Question to those resto shamans out there... is it worth stepping into the enhance tree to grab insta ghost?

Absolutely, especially in the lower brackets. While resto shamans primarily heal, their combat abilities give them a second, understated role of an "offensive defense". When you need to close a short distance to get in range and heal, or chase down a flag carrier, or run the flag yourself, having an instant cast turbo boost works as a tremendous asset.

The proof for me for my 39 was that I ran with 2/2 Imp Ghost Wolf for about a month, dumped it for a week, and soon found myself cursing so many times that I respec'd again shortly therafter. I imagine I'd feel the same about 49.

While I haven't played the 49 bracket yet, I imagine this is a tough choice for resto shamans who like to go hybrid. Resto shamans have the lowest heals of all casters in the 49 bracket, and the purification talent helps to close the gap. Choosing Imp. Ghost Wolf and Purification means an 0/7/33 build or something close to that. Which is to say, very few talent points left to play with.

Bwappo

Users who are viewing this thread