49 Resto Druid....

Hey guys i am planning on making an alliance Resto Druid for the 40-49 Bracket. I have been told many times that i will get beat by rogues that are in stealth.....but what if they aren't? Will be able to outheal there DPS? I have made a layout for how i think my charactor will be, please let me know if i should change anything: chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner .

well if you catch them out of stealth you should easily out heal them imo. 1st and foremost throw faerie fire on them to prevent restealth. maybe even a roots too. keep HoTs up, and abolish poison and stay mobile. plus dont forget bear form if things get hairy. the only reason rogues can kill you from stealth is that the vast majority are ambush/evis and can kill you in caster form b4 you can react. if you get the suspicion that a rogue is lurking throw a regrowth/rejuv and pop into bear form. can never be too safe!!

when im resto i usually go with a spec like chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner just because with glyph of HT i use that as my main heal and only occasionally toss HoTs when needed.

Ok, sounds good, but what about living seed? is that any good? i've never seen it in use so i dunno, do u find it helpful?

i really like living seed since 3.1. see it used to only work on the actual healing done from a crit (which sucked because it didnt count the overhealing, which is a lot of a crit usually), since 3.1 tho it takes overhealing into account so say you get a 2k HT crit, well take 30% of that, and it instantly "blooms" next time your target is attacked. helps make life easier imo & works with HT, regrowth, and swiftmend.

yea no lifebloom, nourish, or wild growth.

oh you do get tranq, with its 10min CD. plus swiftmend and NS are legit

I play a 49 resto druid and my tip for you is barkskin. Barkskin is your best friend against rogues. Throw a rejuvenation then swiftmend. Faerie fire him, remove poision then go mount form (get some distance) then heal some more. Remember you can use barkskin while stuned. Most of the time I can heal through a rogues attack but each time is different. Don't forget to use nature's grasp too. Hope this helps.

Pickleman said:
I play a 49 resto druid and my tip for you is barkskin. Barkskin is your best friend against rogues. Throw a rejuvenation then swiftmend. Faerie fire him, remove poision then go mount form (get some distance) then heal some more. Remember you can use barkskin while stuned. Most of the time I can heal through a rogues attack but each time is different. Don't forget to use nature's grasp too. Hope this helps.

hey picklehead, welcome aboard twinkinfo!

dont forget to remove wound poison 1st and foremost, since any competent rogue will have it. then do the rejuv swift, etc, etc, etc.

no b/c it uses rage to heal. so even if the buff sayed you wouldnt get any results

Don't forget if you have a rogue rooted, they can vanish out of the root to re-open on you. Ideally you always want to have the rogue faerie fired before rooting them to remove one of their counters to your only form of cc against them.

Another good one is if you were forced into bear form, if you have rage you can knock them out of stealth with demoralizing roar if they are within 10~ yards (I think it's 10 yards anyway, that's what it is for warriors).

Users who are viewing this thread