49 PuG warrior needing BiS advice

Hey guys, I've decided to make a 49 warrior twink. He was an awesome level 39 twink(Pendulum of Doom ftw) but I got bored and decided to move up a bracket. The problem is that I'm finding it really tough finding what's BiS for him. I plan on pugging my battlegrounds as I don't know anyone else with 49 twinks so I guess I want a combination of damage and survival. I thought I knew what was BiS for him, but having not played since TBC it seems times have changed! I've had a look at Taitaih's paladin and can see that there's a good few items there that I didn't even know about >.> So I was wandering if someone could compile a list of BiS warrior items? Or it would be even better if someone could just give me a set of EP values and I could just work it out for myself. I plan on playing with a 2H arms spec. My gear is as follows:

Sunscale Helmet(Helm of the Executioner BiS?)

Scout's Medallion(48)-Can't get Woven Ivy Necklace

Wyrmslayer Pauldrons(Spaulders of Valor BiS?)

Scorpashi Cape(remains from 39, was planning on getting the Blackveil Cape)

Hydralick Armor(Valor Breastplate BiS?)

Berserker's Bracers

Executioner's Cleaver

Precisely Calibrated Boomstick

Plated Fist of Hakoo

Defiler's Plate Girdle(49)

Legguards of the Vault(remain from 39, god knows what's best now)

Defiler's Plate Greaves(49)

Legionairre's Band(49)

Aquamarine Signet of the Bear

Mark of the Chosen

Insignia of the Horde

Please help me out, cheers

You will want about all of the BoA pieces you can get (Helm, Cloak [Unless you can't hitcap], Shoulders, Chest, Axe). Besides that, my memory is hazy, I haven't taken time to memorize everything yet.

I'll try to log my Ret Paladin in her standard BG set later tonight. Hiatiat @ Azgalor - Game - World of Warcraft

pretty sure there's better than a boomstick for warriors. skull spliter xbow or something with str/sta imo

Right I've been out all day so now I can get the chance to refine my gear a bit more. From what I can tell these items are the BiS for a 49 warrior who wants a combination of damage and survival:

Helm-BoA helm(stats at 49?)

Other competitive items-Helm of the Executioner(16 strength, 16 stamina and 16 hit)

I was wandering if anyone thought that the Icemetal Barbute(14 strength, 14 stamina and 14 expertise) might compete with this? As you can gain hit rating from a few other items around this level but expertise seems to be so rare.

Neck-Amulet of the Thorium Brotherhood(7 agility, 11 stamina and 7 haste)

Other competitive items-Insignia of the Horde(12 agility and 8 stamina), Shriveled Troll Heart(5 strength, 12 stamina and 5 hit) and Koristrasza's Pendant(7 agility, 10 stamina and 7 hit).

Shoulders-Spaulders of Valor(stats at 49?)

Other competitive items-Earthslag Shoulders(10 strength, 10 stamina and 15 crit), Razorsteel Shoulders(10 strength, 10 agility, 9 stamina and 10 hit) and Wyrmslayer Pauldrons(12 strength, 8 agility and 12 stamina).

Back-Worn Stoneskin Gargoyle Cape(stats at 49?)

Other competitive items-Pale Moon Cloak(8 strength, 8 stamina and 11 hit)

Chest-Polished Breastplate of Valor(stats at 49?)

Other competitive items-Hydralick Armor(13 strength, 8 agility and 20 stamina), Carapace of Anub'shiah(16 strength, 16 stamina and 16 hit)

Bracers-Berserker Bracers(14 strength, 6 agility and 8 stamina)

Weapon-Bloodied Arcanite Reaper(stats at 49?)

Other competitive items-Executioner's Cleaver, Kang the Decapitator

I would prefer to use an axe because I'm a beautiful orc.

MH weapon-A BoA item possibly?

Other competitive items-Bloodrazor.

Shield-Wall of the dead(10 strength and 15 stamina).

Ranged-BoA bow?

Other competitive items-Star of the Fool(4 agility, 6 stamina and 4 hit), Precisely Calibrated Boomstick(14 agility).

Hands-Golem Smasher's Grips(10 strength, 15 stamina and 10 crit)

Other competitive items-Plated Fist of Hakoo(10 strength, 10 stamina and 10 agility).

Belt-Defiler's Plate Girdle(10 strength, 8 stamina and 14 crit)

Other competitive items-Elemental Plate Girdle(11 strength, 11 stamina and 11 haste), Belt of Tyrranic Rule(9 strength, 13 stamina and 9 hit).

Legs-Eldritch Reinforced Legplates(14 strength, 14 stamina and 14 crit)

Other competitive items-Deathbone Legguards(14 strength, 14 stamina and 14 expertise), Lavacrest Leggings(23 strength, 10 stamina and 10 crit).

Deathbones have expertise.

Feet-Defiler's Plate Greaves(11 strength, 10 agility and 10 stamina)

Other competitive items-Lavawalker Greaves(15 strength, 10 stamina and 10 haste), Entrenching Boots(12 stamina, 12 strength and 12 hit).

Ring-Legionairre's Band(48)-(10 strength, 9 agility and 6 stamina), BoA ring(stats at 49?

Other competitive items-Aquamarine Signet of the Bear(8 stamina, 7 strength and 20AP), Band of the Ogre King(8 strength, 8 stamina and 8 haste), Gordok Nose Ring(12 strength and 8 stamina).

Trinket-Inherited Insignia of the Horde, Swift Hand of Justice

If anyone would like to suggest what would be best in each slot that would be great, I can't imagine I got all them spot on. Please feel free to comment on what you think is best and any other items I may have missed. Cheers

expertise is rare b/c it sucks. for 2h weps theres also the sword of baron rivendare or an axe from dm tribute runs...both kinda hard to obtain, but do have a certain cool factor. and can take BC enchants whereas BoA weapons cant; kang sucks

LOL???Agi sucks dick???

unless shit radically changed for cata agi should still suck huge dickenzie. dont go agil. there are so many peices of gear with stam + str +ap +hr+ crit...

for the bracers, belt, boots, rings, and neck:

get the random nchant gear. 2 of the tumultuous or whaterver (lvl 45 rings) with +12 str +12 stam or full on 20 stam = better than legionares band.

dead mans hand = stam+ haste.

get the +23 str legs, if i remember correctly they had like 100 more armor on them, when leg chanted(+armor) they will be better than 4 stam... imo.

\

kang sucks dick, and so does exec cleaver. get the fucking minotaur you idiot. (assuming you twink with gold)

]

nothing beats the skullsplitting crossbow, especially not a fucking agil weapon, you incompetent fool.

imo, get the uldaman neck, its +12 stam+20 ap = best in slot unless you have a gdiddy neck...

chest is going to be anub shirah or whatever... hands down. 19st 18 stam 15 hr or something crazy like that...

please get earthslag. dont get wyrmslayer.

gloves are idk. mine are gdiddied, +36 str +35ap +29 stam... bis imo. go for pure stam random chant gloves, or pure str gloves.

expertise is junk, the only classes its good for are going to 2 shot u before u even see them... so just dont worry about it.

mugthols helm is pretty sick now. i havent seen anything better drop in 49 dungeons so... idk. bloomsprout is shit. sunscale is shit.

whats gdiddy

lumpy1337 said:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/mesmash/simple

this is my current set up got really lucky with my wep then got sword of baron rivendare the very next day lol

i also think twinking should be done with out boas but the damn boa helmet looks so niceeeeeee!!!

its a nice wep and all but i think boa + crusader is better for a warrior, id only use bane on a pally and rivendares sword on neither..especially if the equip is still broken.

if you have access to BoAs use em

you need a new neck and gloves, ranged is also questionable imo (if you felt like you could lose the 7 sta, skull splitting xbow would give you ~20ap). and youre over the hit cap if theres anyway to shuffle around gear/enchants to lower that in favor of other stats...but overall not bad

hmm only other gloves i would consider are golem smashers which will be easy to pick up i also have the disarm ones to =)

as for necks tho maybe u have a better suggestion?

and the ranged is supriseingly good i can trade alittle crit and 70hp for 20 ap with the skull splitter or i can lose 70 hp for a little more crit if i go PCBS

sadly alot of nice choices are no longer in game like the purifier and thorium flight blades and woven ivy

and yes heirlooms are good but like i said i think real twinking should be done with out heirlooms

real twinking is getting the best possible gear for your toon. that includes boas. if you dont like them or dont want them its just gimping yourself and not utilizing your twinks potential...but w/e thats your personal choice at the end of the day.

id prolly take the skull splitter, or at least test it out. i know warrior mobility is pretty shitty so stam is important while being kited...but idk, it does have a lot of ap.

golem smashers are the gloves i was speaking of, those and the disarm ones.

as for necks there is a nice one out of zf, but it does have hit rating so you'd want to shuffle around some hit pieces since youre already over the cap. im sure there are other str based necks if you use wowheads filtering system. i mean agi is ok, but str is better and that neck only has a measly 4 crit while having 5 hit which is wasted due to already being over the cap - there has to be a better str based neck out there.

heres an idea since youre already over the hit cap...get the satchel boots - of the soldier - and get boars speed or w/e on them. youd gain str, stm, and im pretty sure the 12 crit rating on boots gives more crit than the 10 agi on boots, tho its prolly close idk. the wsg bracers are also an option imo.

this (http://www.wowhead.com/profile=23758579) is basically my idea of a BiS ret pally. almost all the gear should be the same except id prefer BoA axe w/ crusader on an arms warrior and also either boars speed or w/e or ab boots since you cant talent to move faster. but seriously, use boas. my profile has more stam, crit, and ap than yours if im not mistaken..why not gear and play to your potential?

this build seems pretty good

Profiler - Wowhead

but by all means link a BiS arms warrior

only heirloom id use is the pvp trinket but since its a 5 min cd ima keep my 50 ap trinket in the build to represent its on cd so i switched it out

i think my twink is pretty geared now... but i still get schooled by people with the boa helm. that stupid thing is op as shit at 49.

10 crit and 8 stam more than helm of the executioner, and less hit. its pretty comparable imo. yea boa is better, but i wouldnt go so far as to say its op as shit

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

both builds are very effective imho the differences are subtle and the trents bane has more enchant flexabilty

ur build will always have the top end dmg over mine which i can get close to narrowing with a dense sharpening stone

all the rest of the margins are small

i can have more ap out the gate while u have more crit but then ur crusader would trump my ap as soon as it procced but a mongoose would give me roughly a ball park figure of 10% more crit on proccing

and i think TB>BAR for weapons

in the end they are both extremely good builds with pros and cons

ima go ahead and say urs is the rich mans build and mine is the poor mans build but both are still super effective

mongoose is worth 10% crit, damn

honestly for an arms warrior i think bar is better. higher top end for more burst when you can (which isnt that often due to kitability). and unless things are totally changed since i last knew, warriors still want a slow wep for attacks that arent normalized (if any still exist). the only reason id use TB is on a ret since most of their burst relies on instant exo procs (which only proc off auto attacks, hence more autos = good, esp when tb has high dps)

either way the out come is pretty close like you said so you can do whatever you want but id suggest going the BoA route and using the boa axe as well. or at least testing it out

p.s you both use stalwart bands of the soldier, which is fine, but if you look at it, berserker bracers gain 10 ap and only lose like ~.4 crit and 1 stam. might be a worthwhile trade

Users who are viewing this thread