49 Protection Warrior!

Hey guys, was just wondering... maybe its dumb I aint sure but..

would this spec like be worth of trying out?

]Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

(I tried and messed around with close variations. Overall it seems stance dance would be needed imho, although I have no play experience with this idea.)

I'm probably sure some peeps have thought of it before. I've heard rumors of some twinks making revenge crit for mega damage. When talented it not only increases damage by 20%, but also has a 50% chance to do a 3 second stun, and its also modified by attack power, as is Concussion Blow.

If you get an unbuffed DPS twink warrior, I believe they'll get around 90 AP from 3/3 Armored to the Teeth. My friend's twink warrior with all his DPS gear hits 3267 armor without a shield. And Wall of the Dead would add 62 AP from its 2226 armor bonus. 3/3 Armored to the Teeth would be granting an extra 152 AP.

Plus you'd reduce the chance to be hit by spells by 4%.

Also, if anyone has any armories available, give a link.

Just sounds like a creative idea imo. ;-)

EDIT: Removed the comment about Spell Reflection, as you don't get it at low levels.

can you say 10% more dmg?

i tried prot and arms and tbh, prot is not the same without warbringer and devastate.

but if you really want to go prot (yes, fun) you will love the 666!

20% more crit dmg looks good, but 10% dmg + da devil talent is too good to pass imo. with 30% crit, 20% more crit dmg is about 6% more dmg...

not being a focus target is a problem as well...rage is a main prob!

Bansil said:
can you say 10% more dmg?

i tried prot and arms and tbh, prot is not the same without warbringer and devastate.

but if you really want to go prot (yes, fun) you will love the 666!

20% more crit dmg looks good, but 10% dmg + da devil talent is too good to pass imo. with 30% crit, 20% more crit dmg is about 6% more dmg...

not being a focus target is a problem as well...rage is a main prob!

Yeah I was thinking about that too, but even like you said, lack of rage would be the main problem there. It was one of the original builds I experimented with, but ended up seeing the need for stance-dancing as too necessary in order to pull it off at 49. If you get tactical mastery, then you have to pass up 666 (gogo Death Metal!!! :p) and Improved Defensive Stance. So since I valued stance dance that much, I figured I should take impale as well.

Maybe this belongs in the 59 bracket? If so, you could grab the key ingredients of Warbringer, Devastate, Sword and Board, Critical Block, and Damage Shield. Especially due to Warbringer, the end tier talents in prot tree would be far better than any of the other trees.

Maybe something like this for lvl 59

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Talk about your experiences for 49 prot though, or thoughts on it. If 59 becomes too big an idea, I'll probably take this thread and move it to the lvl 59 forums.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft that's my usual 0/0/40 prot spec with glyphs of blocking, revenge, and rapid charge. 40 prot is more defensive than your specs..but its just my personal pref, you can still dish out a lot of damage.

prot really picks up in 59s with warbringer. after being arms its hard to respec prot and lose juggernaut. you become the warriors of yore, easily kitable...and with rage generation problems. against people with damage shields (priest, mage, etc) it sucks b/c you have to spend rage to do damage but dont get any rage back unless you pop the shield.

if you want to go prot, try the 59 bracket...or even 60 or 69. it's a HUGE fun!

but for 49 falkor is right, take a second look at arms.

arms is brutal at 49, im sure prot can be fun but your gimping your power.

MS + taste for blood + intercept + charge in combat = haha i have all the critical 80 abilites at 49.

I like both Arms and Prot a lot, had 2v2 games few days ago with rshammy/prot warr vs. hybrid hunter/hpally, and i can tell u that prot warrior got insane amount of burst/cc with plenty of rage. I was able to force pally to bubble within 5 seconds in every arena game we played. Im running with 4.6k hp, 800ap and 14% crit UB.

My current specc as prot: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Prot is totally viable at 49, u can pretty much 3 shot mail users if u get few crits in a row and shield slam is a badass skill with BS + BF + SB critting about 1300.

lol.

too bad he lvld and is only on 39s and shit tho

Falkor said:
lol.

Ohai mr banned. Enjoy your week off :)

Perhaps you will stop talking shit now and making posts like these ^^

Falkor said:
lol.

He raids @ 80 too.

Puke you should really talk to him he still knows everything possible and is on constantly.

Users who are viewing this thread