49 Gearing Guides

Jh2125

Veteran
49s are back on the menu folks! Xp off and Xp on ques will be merged and we are already seeing a very active bracket.

Wrath gear mostly mimics tbc gear, but there are some exceptions with the loss of shoulder enchants, leg enchants, and the added heirlooms. Here is a link of heirloom gear vs the standard options. Important to note that head, shoulder, and leg enchants will require higher levels before the enchant activates. This opens up more options for leg/shoulder gear that are BoP instead of needing BoE options. In addition, BoA gear can also only receive vanilla enchants and can not have weapon oils or dense stones applied. So keep this in mind when weighing your options.

49's community Discord so you can become a part of the community and get to know your fellow twinks!

Priest

Warlock

Mage

Rogue

Feral Druid

FC Druid

Balance/Restoration Druid

Enhancement Shaman

Hunter

Elemental/Restoration Shaman

Holy Paladin

Protection Warrior

Arms/Fury Warrior

Retribution Paladin

Protection Paladin

Edit: The RDF gear isn't showing on eightyupgrades yet, so I created a simple excel to show the gear. It seems most beneficial for leather casters and plate casters. Others have great comparable pieces from pvp vendor.

Regarding professions: Engineering is regarded as necessary for most competitive play, but this is going off the idea of wargames or very organized playing. Gathering professions can be leveled up to rank 5 or 375 (Herb, Mining, Skinning). Gather professions give the following buffs at max rank and considered the best option for your second proffession.

Mining = 30 stam
Herb = 1,200 hp over 5 seconds (3 min cd)
Skinning = 20 crit rating

JC, Blacksmithing, and Tailoring give useful trinkets but not typically valued over engineering or mining/herb.

If anyone finds a mistake or broken link please reach out so I can fix. Would love to hear of some extra alternatives that I didn't list as well. Hope everyone finds these guides useful, and look forward to playing with ya. Anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to hit me up!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread