I hail from the far off land of 19 twinking,

But I'm currently looking into making a 49 Druid,
chardev 9

Here's my Feral 49 druud chardev
(ignore the knothide leather patches and engineering attachments,
They were accidentals)

So ...what am I missing?
Or any suggestions of alternate gear I should be rocking
And any recommended consumables would be appreciated ;)

Lol awkward... And damn, I'll have to sacrifice more crit for hit cap again :p

But Thanks man ;)

Actually, you think going all haste over crit would be a smart move?

Last edited by a moderator:
mine has ~1% less crit than yours, so its not a huge difference and being hit capped is very nice. oh and if i had the thunderdrome ring and that trinket id have more crit (just too lazy atm)
and no, haste doesnt scale nearly well enough. agi > crit > haste for stats, get hit cap, and try for around 4k hp

ps minor run speed doesnt stack with highlanders boots, and its moot since neither stack with feral swiftness. so get the boots i have (or something better if there is)
pps since youre going to be lacking hit change ur weapon to the one im using. its got 1 more agi/stam and more dps (which is really a ferals #1 dps stat) anyways. and if you gear like me the rest of the way you'll still end up with a respectable crit chance

Cool, professions? Skinning and?

Any consumables that are chewed up like rumsey rum in 19's?

havent really kept up to date with profs but skinnings got the crit boost, mining for hp...dont think bs, enchanting, jc, or inscription do anything. engineering has some goodies, but not as great as 70 or 80 afaik, and lw can craft blackstorm legs (less agi than mine, but they do have hit which could free up other areas)
1st aid isnt a bad idea

rumsy rum, food buffs, noggenfogger, free action potions, regular pots, im sure theres a bunch of consumables but i dont have a full list off the top of my head

fa sho i need to start playin again

On the professions/consumables front, if you are sufficiently rich, you could consider alchemy instead of mining. Mixology gives you 25-40% more benefit from elixirs (and double duration, not that the latter matters in battlegrounds with how often you typically die). In particular, Elixir of Greater Agility gives +35 agility instead of +25 agility. 10 agility probably trumps the stamina from mining....but it only matters if you are going to down one of those expensive-ish potions each time that you rez. (you'll also get some benefit on your guardian elixir, if you take one of those).

Might also consider learning the recipe for clamlette magnifique (off a quest in Gadgetzan, only needs level 35), as that bop food gives bonus AP (there are times you'll prefer the health, but sometimes you just need the offense), or else go fish winter squid while they are still in season (food gives agility instead of stamina).

Finaly consumable to consider, if you are not going the agility elixir route, is Darkmoon Faire firewater (flat AP boost, counts as a battle elixir)

im fairly sure you can get rank 4 mining for a 10 stam bonus and with the huge amount of burst in the bracket id say that 10 stam is more important than 10 agi, especially since the mining is passive whereas the elixir would have to constantly be used

for food find the highest stam/agi food you can eat at 49 and use it whenever you can. only take AP food if theres no alternative or its an insanely high amount of AP for some reason, b/c agi > ap

edit: if you can get rank 5 toughness at 49 (which you should be able to, wowhead info said requires 40) then it shouldnt even be an argument. agi is great, but 30 stam vs 10 agi in the 49 bracket is practically a no-brainer. and you can still buy as many 25 agi elixirs as you want. but you should be getting elixirs of the mongoose anyways imo, same 25 agi but also 10 crit.

Thanx guys, now I've been scoping out viability for druuds while I've been leveling...
It would appear that good old feral doesn't perform all too well in the bracket amirite?

so I ask, would I be better off rolling boomkin or heals??
Before I get too stuck into getting gear, I figure now is the best time to ask!

i play feral and id say its viable. moonkin and healing are nice too though...honestly just get a set for each spec imo. shouldnt be too time consuming and it gives you a lot of flexibility

Resto druids struggle with throughput, since the high burst doesn't leave much time for HoTs to make a difference. If you get good support, healing as a druid works well. But the sheer squishiness necessitates that support.

Level leatherworking to get the BoP pants for all your specs, then drop LW (you can still use the pants) and go with another profession. Mining is typically a must-have at 49 for the stam, and if you ever plan on playing boom or resto, you definitely will want that.

Users who are viewing this thread