49 Disc Priest

Hey i was wondering if i could get criticism (constructive hopefully) on my upcoming disc priest gear + talents

Head: Eye of Flame (+100hp Libram)

Neck: Pulsating Crystaline Shard

Shoulders: Kentic Amice (until i get my Tattered Dreadmist Mantle)

Chest: Chan's Imperial Robes (+150hp)

Bracers: Dryad's Wrist Bindings (+15 Spellpower)

Hands: Atal'ai Gloves of the Eagle (+20 Spellpower) (Dropped today!)

Belt: Satyremane Sash

Legs: Dalewind Trousers (+50 Spellpower +30 Stamina)

Boots: Highlander's Cloth Boots (+12 Stamina)

Ring: Cyclopean Band

Ring: I have a Freezing Band ready, not sure if i should use or not.

Trinket: Insignia of the Horde

Trinket: Ruby Serpent

Talent Build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxhruhMtbfsZb

Thanks for any and all replies

Just a small note, you won't be able to put +50 spellpower/+30 stam on your legs. It will soulbound the item (the BC ones work, just not the wrath). Also as of current they're getting rid of librams and leg enchants in the next patch. It may or may not go through.

I'd recommend Ban'thok's Sash over Satyremane. A little hit can go a long way so your Psychic Scream has a smaller chance of missing (among other spells).

Freezing Band is pretty hot :).

Oh and what weapons were you planning on using? :)

Oh sorry, currently i'm going to be using a Glowing Brightwood Staff with +40 spellpower and for Wand ill be using Pyric Caduceus. I picked the wand over Noxious Shooter because its a much larger percentage increase to my spellpower than it would be to my stamina.

Regards to the leg enchant, i was going to try the leg enchant exploit that i've read about. Personally i don't really think its right to do this but if all the other twinks are doing it, i don't want to be left behind in the dust.

Thanks for the quick reply also :)

Chan's Imperial Robes are so hard to get... I've been looking on the ah every 4 hours or so on 2 servers, also been grinding the rare spawn that drops it on 2 servers aswell.

Ugh, you were partially right... I just read it wrong. I thought we were talking about Deadman's hand, not Freezing band. Either way... /facepalm on my part for my mistake.

Mindseye circle/Cyclopean band would be my ideal set for a priest.

RickRude said:
Today is 4/02/2009, but nonetheless still a good joke.

/offtop

Abut the Freezing Band - is it that bad? Dropped for me yesterday it BRD, when i was farming coffes, and i wonder what to do with it - sell it or use on one of my future caster twinks? Is it useful, or just a free 150g on AH?

The proc rate is crappy, and it also has no stats. The spellpower is nice, but there's so much more on Cyclopean Band/Mindseye. The only benefit of the freeze is that it can proc mage's shatter and you can also do damage through it (my warlock dots will tick through when I'm using it with my really high spellpower set).

On the other hand, I specifically lost a 1v1 vs a mage because it proced when he was one off-hand swing away from death.

Not really an argument "pro", was a funny fight though.

when the proc from freezing band does pop on a rogue, shaman, etc its really nice they will either have to trinket out of it or do nothing, Matter of preference to you. Satyremane Sash is nice to have till you can get the on from BRD, mainly because of what was already stated. Also, don't start your twinking career using exploits like that, for one people will always say your all gear no skill, and you don't want to start clutching on those. Just get BC ones, the +healing ones are cheaper to make imo.

advantage said:
when the proc from freezing band does pop on a rogue, shaman, etc its really nice they will either have to trinket out of it or do nothing, Matter of preference to you.

I'll take stand there and heal for one thousand trabeck.

Alex I'll take what happens when I shot lighting out of my hands.

Alex lets go with trinket the fear for two thousand please.

See the road we are headed? Get stats 1% chance no good.

ps: I hope no one was offended by my humor I know the OP is looking for help. Honestly don't take a 1% proc and 18 spell power over Mindseye Circle, Cyclopean Band, Underworld band, Eye of Ogrimmar, Deadman's Hand.

Cyclopean Band/Underworld are the best ring combo IMO.

Also, you might want to think about some diff legs. Dalewind trousers are about third on my list of legs that I would use. Necromancer leggings, imperial red leggings, even 'of the eagle pants' I would argue are better.

I use Cyclopean Band + Mindseye Circle, the additional stam/int will be sorely needed in 3.1.

Necromancer's Leggings will IMO be the best legs commonly available (Spellshock was on my realm a few days ago going for 40k)

I think the patch will really hurt our survivability more than any other healer (well maybe resto shaman but who does that at 49), even now if my trinket's on cd a decent rogue/hunter can kill me with relative impunity :(

A more powerful flash heal and no cd on PW:shield can only do so much when you're down ~600 HP and the dps is still hitting just as hard.

The stam will be needed (underworld = 10, mindseye = 5) but the int no way. We are going to be wayy more mana efficient than ever. I think you need to take another look at the disc tree as we are getting hellabuffed compared to any other healing class.

Everyone in the patch is losing hps, not just disc priests lol. You all with the boa gear will lose 600 hps, where I will lose 300hps and gain 120hps from the buff to AGM. Losing 180 hps and 35 sp is not detrimental. Ill be able to stay above 3k hps (unbuffed) and above 250 sp.

I agree, Necromancer leggings will be best in slot. I will prolly stick with my imperial reds though.

Bring on da patch.

Users who are viewing this thread