49 Destro Lock viable?

bushytushy

Anyone have experience playing destro at the 49 WOTLK bracket? Can you share some gearing/talent ideas?

I imagine it is a very hard hitting spec but the lack of mobility and defensives is a bit concerning. Can this be adequately mitigated through utility trinkets / engineering?

Cheers

Something like this was the best lock spec at 49. It let you challenge melee with soul link, void walker and insta shadow bolts(backlash) while also being super good against casters through the same soul link, fel hunter and nether protection.
Imp health funnel and healing throu spell dmg helps a ton with keeping ur pet alive.

Anyone have experience playing destro at the 49 WOTLK bracket? Can you share some gearing/talent ideas?

I imagine it is a very hard hitting spec but the lack of mobility and defensives is a bit concerning. Can this be adequately mitigated through utility trinkets / engineering?

Cheers
I tried it, and it felt lacking. The damage felt lower than what classic destro did. Also, the lack of self peels was rough. No way to kite while getting damage out and no slow, root, or daze w/out going full destro. Aff just feels much better, and like wise demo does as well. In addition, on paper the backlash talent looks great, but having an 8 sec cd for the procs is disappointing. More often than not that melee is dropping you faster in an 8 second period unless it is a leveler. One instant shadowbolt won't be their demise.

49s was super bursty back then. That build for warlock was the best all around. Advantage against all casters and gives the best chance against melee. And you'd still get insta shadow bolts from the nightfall glyph.

Here is a vid from way back showing just how crazy the damage was: 49 Skirms

Warning: Lower video quality because of time travel.

Users who are viewing this thread