4.0.1 Warrior Damage

Khanodruid

Legend
So... All I've been hearing lately is how much warriors got shafted... Well they might've lost a lot of tools but they definetely do not suck. I caught a warrior off guard and started to kill him with no thought of dying, but he had some huge crits on me and ended up getting the kill from a DoT. And tonight I've been doing BG's with some gnome warrior who topped the charts each game about 3 times in a row. Why the hate? They're good! /discussionize

warriors are good.....with a healer..they get kited way to easily imo

Took away all our utility and so i guess only thing we could survive off is pure damage and burst..however lind posted sumin showing warrs nerf

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)

* Cleave damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.

* Execute damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.

* Heroic Strike damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.

* Overpower now does 125% weapon damage, down from 150%.

* Rend base damage has been reduced by approximately 17% and percent of weapon damage per tick lowered to 25%, from 30%.

* Shield Block now only increases block chance by 25%, but excess block that pushes avoidance plus block to over 100% is now converted to critical block chance.

* Slam now costs 15 rage, down from 20, and now does 125% weapon damage, down from 150%.

* Victory Rush damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.

* Whirlwind now does 65% weapon damage, down from 75%.

Arms

* Mortal Strike now does 150% weapon damage, down from 185%.

* Second Wind now heals for 2/5% of total health, down from 5/10%.

* Strikes of Opportunity now does 100% weapon damage, down from 115%.

Fury

* Blood Craze now heals for 1/2/3% of total health, down from 2.5/5/7.5%.

* Bloodthirst damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.

* Raging Blow now does 110% weapon damage, down from 150%.

* Unshackled Fury now gains approximately 50% more benefit per point of Mastery.

Protection

* Critical Block now grants an equal amount of block chance and critical block chance (1.5% each per point of Mastery).

* Devastate no longer provides bonus threat.

* Shield Slam: Contribution of attack power reduced to 60%, down from 75%, and base damage brought up so that a level 85 warrior in Heroic dungeon gear deals the same damage with no Vengeance, but Vengeance has less impact. In addition, Shield Slam no longer generates 30% bonus threat from its damage.

* Vigilance no longer provides 3% damage reduction, but still refreshes Taunt and provides Vengeance.

Put in bold the changes which affect 19 warrs.

Funnily enough all the moves which are getting damage reduced are the only moves we have at 19 >.<

And this
warriors are good.....with a healer..they get kited way to easily imo

I reckon if warriors do hug healers even after this patch they could still be alright.

Well at least Blizz didnt' nerf that awesome new spell they gave us.........Strike. I mean that thing is so sweet. Good thing it's on a shared cooldown with SS/MS/BT. It would be so OP if it wasn't. I'm so glad they gave warriors this instead of Hamstring, Disarm, Overpower........

/sarcasm off

I pull off some good damage on my warrior... Its not that warriors suck its that we lost all our utility moves... Hamstring basically made us a viable class and now it seems we HAVE to spec in piercing howl to stand a chance against ranged classes.

after the 4.0.3 damage nerf..........what's it looking like now?

Piercing Howl is better than hamstring by a football field. I have saved my FC's ass multiple times with it. I mean, cmon guys - they turned Hamstring into an AoE slow!

I do admit, it is unfortunate that Fury is the only viable spec to be efficient against ranged dps, but it does it well.

I haven't played since 4.0.3 yet, since warriors basically got a 17% damage nerf all around . . .

But I can understand why . . . kinda . . .

If I charge someone > Bloodthirst > *Battle Trance*> HStrike > Bloodthirst . . . and if at least 2 crit . . .

Is the same as shadowstep/ambush

Clickplease said:
Piercing Howl is better than hamstring by a football field. I have saved my FC's ass multiple times with it. I mean, cmon guys - they turned Hamstring into an AoE slow!

I do admit, it is unfortunate that Fury is the only viable spec to be efficient against ranged dps, but it does it well.

I haven't played since 4.0.3 yet, since warriors basically got a 17% damage nerf all around . . .

But I can understand why . . . kinda . . .

If I charge someone > Bloodthirst > *Battle Trance*> HStrike > Bloodthirst . . . and if at least 2 crit . . .

Is the same as shadowstep/ambush

Nobody is arguing that Hamstring is better than PH. It has to do with the part of your post I bolded. Only one spec is viable for 19's.......and it's a dps only spec. With damage being nerfed in 4.0.3, I'm not expecting too many warriors to be playing in this bracket, unless they have dedicated healing.

As far as the difference between Charge/Heroic Strike + Bloodthirst vs Shadowstep/Ambush one you see coming and can prevent (hint: it's the one I bolded) the other you can't. On top of that, all the utility that warriors had is gone. Rogues still have sap, gouge, sprint, etc. and now they can spec to slow you as well.

All warriors had was burst, so losing that is a bigger deal to them than it is to classes that have better utility.

I understand where you coming from, I will need to play 4.0.3 live asap to see if 17% reduction will really ruin us. My gut still tells me 17% isn't enough to hamper my killing sprees, but I'll hold my tongue until i find out.

I do want to add that warriors still have plenty of "utility" Thunderclap (20% reduced attack speed) & an AoE slow makes us very useful.

Also, check it out, a lot of our gear has been changed. Some good some bad, but a lot involve adding hit rating. More hit = more rage = more special attacks. sigh, like I said - I need to get out of school NOW! lol time to play.

P.S. Maybe charge is avoidable, but I guess not many people explore that option because I charge/pwn people every CD. Also, my comparison between Ambush and BT was only viable if one gains the Battle Trance debuff granting them a free top damage HS followed by an additional BT all within 3 seconds.

ya know if they just gave us an "Evasion" ability . . . just one more CD to pop . . . wed shut up.

On PTR at least damage has dropped by way more than 17%. But then so has all special attack damage on all classes. Dont forget that special abilities now scale with level too so this nerfs lower levels more. Lets see how it all plays out.

Mm... I suddenly have the manly urge... to make a 19 prot warrior instead. I will lose the vital BS/MS, for measily (1handed) - 2handed heroic double crits and AoE rends, higher stam, and a nonspammable, weak purge. Too bad Vengeance is rather useless against bursting opponents, unless you're sided with a healer.

What Arms warriors need now, is their 2h specialization to increase to 20%, which is what Ret pallies have.

Khanodruid said:
some gnome warrior who topped the charts each game about 3 times in a row

Was it me? :< Gnomebank @ Kael'thas - Game - World of Warcraft

I took that char (with boa chest+bow) into WSG the other day to shake some dust off cause I havnt touched him in a few patches. I did pretty well, mostly because a couple of the games I got lucky and had a healer following me around on O. I topped kbs/hks (lol) even though we lost a few games

solo without any LoS a warrior is fucked though....so that was fun

Holy shit Turdel I think that was you. but damn old thread. how about 4.1 war dmg? any better?

Khanodruid said:
Holy shit Turdel I think that was you. but damn old thread. how about 4.1 war dmg? any better?

=] 4.1 Damage is better, but we lost Hamstring as Arms...so it's 50/50 i guess

Users who are viewing this thread