39 Twink Warlock

Druiddroid said:
sorry i'm just talking about WSG

You're comparing two different situations, hence making the knowledge of how large your mana pool is very unnecessary. If you however would explain how you would kill a rogue, then the amount of mana you have might be a valid argument to say why you kill rogues with ease.

Edit: I get that you are talking about that a rogue won't kill you, but the discussion seem to stroll away from original discussion, where we've now gone from Twink Warlock, to how to escape Rogues as a Mage. Just tried bringing it back a page or two.

Bansil said:
imo a FC does not have to kill a rogue.

he just said, that a rogue won't kill him.

as i said, two different situations since the discussion started off with some "who wins? mage or rogue?"-theme.

Tetrica said:
as i said, two different situations since the discussion started off with some "who wins? mage or rogue?"-theme.

never necessarily say i'd win, just saying a good mage should be able to survive through a rogue's assault and that a rogue doesn't always have much room for mistakes either. i mean you started off with saying you could keep the top mages locked down, and i disagree if the mage is just trying to survive.

anyways, if we're back on the 'who wins 1v1' topic, you said something about popping a second sprint on the mage. if you do that the mage will have blink up again, as well as possibly FN. blink also allows for the mage to poly and reset it if it can, while the rogue has fewer CDs up.

smart mages will also use cone of cold before you get into melee. if they do you won't be able to reach them without a trinket or vanish.

a smart mage vs a smart rogue is an interesting battle, but i don't think the rogue will win most of the time. a rogue has to time its CDs very well and reach the mage before it can start to do some lethal DPS. granted, the mage has to time its CDs very well too. it is an interesting battle and seems to depend on who plays it better.

as for the thread going completely off track, it seems like a general rule that all threads must be less and less ontopic as they go along, aside the arcade thread.

Druiddroid said:
i mean you started off with saying you could keep the top mages locked down, and i disagree if the mage is just trying to survive.

Druiddroid, I wasn't involved in this discussion until after that e-peen warlock had posted his comment ^^

Druiddroid said:
never necessarily say i'd win, just saying a good mage should be able to survive through a rogue's assault and that a rogue doesn't always have much room for mistakes either. i mean you started off with saying you could keep the top mages locked down, and i disagree if the mage is just trying to survive.

anyways, if we're back on the 'who wins 1v1' topic, you said something about popping a second sprint on the mage. if you do that the mage will have blink up again, as well as possibly FN. blink also allows for the mage to poly and reset it if it can, while the rogue has fewer CDs up.

smart mages will also use cone of cold before you get into melee. if they do you won't be able to reach them without a trinket or vanish.

a smart mage vs a smart rogue is an interesting battle, but i don't think the rogue will win most of the time. a rogue has to time its CDs very well and reach the mage before it can start to do some lethal DPS. granted, the mage has to time its CDs very well too. it is an interesting battle and seems to depend on who plays it better.

as for the thread going completely off track, it seems like a general rule that all threads must be less and less ontopic as they go along, aside the arcade thread.

i helped a friend to find better gear for his leveling mage. he knew i had a 39 mage, so i gave some advices.

after farming some gear (maybe 2/3 of the easy to obtain items) i played the mage in some BGs to get some badges (WSG cloak + AB boots are needed to level^^). fighting with an almost undergeared and not enchanted char i was able to control every fight against twink warriors and rogues. most of the fights against rets aswell. i didn't won all the fights (1st Aid under 200 is bad), but forced a 3,5kHP warry to blow every CD and he only survived with 600HP. same with a pally...bubble + LoH. the rogues also needed AB trinket or lifeblood sometimes.

what i want to say:

if a mage plays defensive, the melee DD needs good CD handling and a fair amount of skill.

Users who are viewing this thread