39 Shaman

In my experience with Shamans all over, its always been about big numbers and teh windfurries.

Same quest.

Lucien's Boots (8 Agi 13 Stam 8 Haste) --VS-- Worn Running Boots (13 Agi 9 Stam)

Discipline Rod (5 Str 7 Stam 5 Hit, 101 Dmg 2.6 Spd) --VS-- Dire Maul (5 Agi 7 Stam 5 Haste, 102 Dmg 2.6 Spd) --VS-- Militia Hatchet (5 Agi 7 Stam 3 Crit, 96 Dmg 2.6 Spd ++3 Expertise Racial)

Opinion said:
Same quest.

Lucien's Boots (8 Agi 13 Stam 8 Haste) --VS-- Worn Running Boots (13 Agi 9 Stam)

Discipline Rod (5 Str 7 Stam 5 Hit, 101 Dmg 2.6 Spd) --VS-- Dire Maul (5 Agi 7 Stam 5 Haste, 102 Dmg 2.6 Spd) --VS-- Militia Hatchet (5 Agi 7 Stam 3 Crit, 96 Dmg 2.6 Spd ++3 Expertise Racial)

Looks pretty even, I'd probably go with Lucien's boots. The expertise will offset lost dps and then McGowan is always an option too.

Go with Militia Hatchet and Running Boots.

Even if you're alliance.

Double mongoose is more so deadly than mongoose/agi on weps.

Mrcer said:
Double mongoose is more so deadly than mongoose/agi on weps.

Well, Mongoose is nice, no doubt about it, but its a proc rather than a sold dmg. With Double mcgowans you ahve a 2.8 speed and higher top end. +30 from both, or maybe even 5 wep dmg to both for a higher WF proc, id rather have the maximum burst not relying on procs compared to going all out once i get a proc.

I'm not saying that it's "bad" but if your able to get double mongoose on your weps, then I see no reason why to not do it(aside from rogues and fury warriors).

Enhancement shamans are about Keeping ToT on their enemies for as long as possible to proc their flurry/WF/Mongoose. When Flurry Procs, WF procs faster, then mongoose procs Faster. It's a chain. Going double mongoose is a "chance" ability. But this isn't a rogue, so please don't go the MH Mongoose/OH agi way. WF+Flurry means faster attacks and twice the amount of the attacks. Which means an Enhancement shaman, above all other specs/classes, will have the best chance to proc mongoose faster than any other class.

Not to mention, Lava Lash is an "offhand" Attack. So your offhand wep is going to be hitting a lot more than all the other dual-wielding classes out there.

If you feel that it's better than go ahead, I'm just looking at it from a distance and seeing a good out come no matter how I look at it. Unless god doesn't love you, then you're mongoose Procs will happen left and right by going dualwield mongoose.

ehh, I'm actually about to make a switch to 20 agi offhand from double goose.

Mrcer said:
I'm not saying that it's "bad" but if your able to get double mongoose on your weps, then I see no reason why to not do it(aside from rogues and fury warriors).

Enhancement shamans are about Keeping ToT on their enemies for as long as possible to proc their flurry/WF/Mongoose. When Flurry Procs, WF procs faster, then mongoose procs Faster. It's a chain. Going double mongoose is a "chance" ability. But this isn't a rogue, so please don't go the MH Mongoose/OH agi way. WF+Flurry means faster attacks and twice the amount of the attacks. Which means an Enhancement shaman, above all other specs/classes, will have the best chance to proc mongoose faster than any other class.

Not to mention, Lava Lash is an "offhand" Attack. So your offhand wep is going to be hitting a lot more than all the other dual-wielding classes out there.

If you feel that it's better than go ahead, I'm just looking at it from a distance and seeing a good out come no matter how I look at it. Unless god doesn't love you, then you're mongoose Procs will happen left and right by going dualwield mongoose.

Alright, so considering all that, i have 2 Mcgowans and the 2 other BiS weps with 20 agi on them both, do i get dual mongoose on them? keep in mind im gonna lose my Expertise bonus from my dwarf racial. i dont have Mallet of ZF, unforturneatly

one other question i had was is the BoA SoJ good for 2h enh? has a higher top end than the reg SoJ, and has resi and more SP so shocks and totems hit harder (searing)

Kutotems said:
Alright, so considering all that, i have 2 Mcgowans and the 2 other BiS weps with 20 agi on them both, do i get dual mongoose on them? keep in mind im gonna lose my Expertise bonus from my dwarf racial. i dont have Mallet of ZF, unforturneatly

Just go Disciplin Rod and use the Axe. Go double mongoose. You won't "need" the expertise.

my 39 rogue is and always will be a weapon whore. i have literally every weapon combination possible regardless of bis or situational awareness. and where i can, i get multiple sets for different chants.

i took the Discipline Rod with the idea that i can always swap quest rewards. strength just turns me off completely.

on a rogue, assuming you don't have access to Mallet/Vanq Sword, Dire Maul should be your main hand and Stonevault Shiv in the offhand (arguable that SvShiv is better than Vanq anyways). The Midnight Mace also looks decent for an undead rogue because it would put you at a whopping 49 shadow resist and gives you more crit than a vanq sword for a 2ap sacrifice.

I just remembered something

Skill > gear.

If u keel sheeet and your team doesn't lose then you're gewd.

/win

rogue has vanq and mallet along with a couple ginn-su(s) and two dazzling longswords.

i Quit for a while and am just getting back into it, thinking of going with an ele shaman instead of using the hunter/warlock i have and upgrading becuase hunters are overused and from what i read warlocks are fail. just figured id tag along in this thread instead of creating a new one, whats bis for ele at 39? only boa's i have are shoulders right now

Hunters are not overused in the 39 bracket for US

Users who are viewing this thread