39 Shadow Priest

I'll be inclined to disagree on that one.

7/10/8 vs 12/14 is no contest. If I wanted crit I would go with Hruula's slippers and if I valued secondary stats as highly as you I'd use scarlet sandals anyway. There's no way 8 crit beats 5 intellect in damage especially when I've got almost no crit to begin with.

I advise people to check the scaling list since I use a lot of scaling items. Also the neck scales to 9/5/5 list just isn't updated.

If you post your toon up for rating, be ready for suggestions and criticism.
I merely gave you an alternative piece. I have stated this many many times. There is no true BiS. Only what is BiS for you.

I merely gave you an alternative piece. I have stated this many many times. There is no true BiS. Only what is BiS for you.

I was ready for criticism. However I was also prepared for active discussion about items. Saying "oh there's some boots that are better from AB vendor" or something would lead me to ask you why. I like my set but I'm open to changes ofcourse, talking about it and bouncing ideas off eachother is good because I may think of things that you hadn't and visa Versa. For example the boots you suggested are good in a more crit int Versa build based on mind harvest one shots, though then I'd probably use Hruula's slippers at 1 int 3 crit at the cost of 2 stam.

I don't mean to just put a brick wall up and poo poo everyone's ideas. I just like to discuss and see if an even better choice can be made / found. I think my HP is as low as I want it to go but I have found a way to gain 3 stam at the cost of 1 int. do you think that's worth going for?

If for example a helmet gave you 10 more agility in exchange for 1 armor you wouldn't call it BiS?

Bumping because I finally got my ring after 223 excruciating dungeon finder runs of uldaman with slow tanks and nonexistent dps. This is the set I will be running down to a tee in bgs. So rate away and keep things constructive. Suggest items / item combinations I could use which are better optimised. I'm going for a very high spell power and medium haste build.

Thanks in advance.

Ellipsis...

Tome of dawn (8 int 14 stam) +2 int +5 stam -8 Haste
Scarlet sandals (9/13/6/6) -3 int -1 stam +6 haste +6 crit
Another underworld band -3 int +5 stam
Aurora gloves + Glov rein (9/30) -2 int +9 stam -7 Spell power
BOA neck (6/9/8) + 1200 heal. -3 int +5 stam +3 crit +1200 heal
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-9int
-7 spell power
+24 stam (672 hp)
+9 crit
+1200 on use heal. (very strong)

Bumping because I finally got my ring after 223 excruciating dungeon finder runs of uldaman with slow tanks and nonexistent dps. This is the set I will be running down to a tee in bgs. So rate away and keep things constructive. Suggest items / item combinations I could use which are better optimised. I'm going for a very high spell power and medium haste build.

Thanks in advance.

Ellipsis...

Heavy Silver Ring, Charged Gear and Aquamarine Signet of Intellect are all +12 as well. Might be worth looking into if you'd prefer more int over the Underworld Band.

Tome of dawn (8 int 14 stam) +2 int +5 stam -8 Haste
Scarlet sandals (9/13/6/6) -3 int -1 stam +6 haste +6 crit
Another underworld band -3 int +5 stam
Aurora gloves + Glov rein (9/30) -2 int +9 stam -7 Spell power
BOA neck (6/9/8) + 1200 heal. -3 int +5 stam +3 crit +1200 heal
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-9int
-7 spell power
+24 stam (672 hp)
+9 crit
+1200 on use heal. (very strong)

Interesting take but because the loom neck heal shares cd with healthstone. And people play warlock in this bracket I don't rate it much.

Overall I don't think -16 spell power +24 stamina is worth. Even with the little bit of crit gained. Thanks though for doing what I hoped people would do. And tweak / build my set to help improve it props for that and I might actually do my own tome of dawn tinkering and maybe it'll work out better. Something like tome of dawn arcanists pendant triune signet for +10 stam +2 crit +1 haste -3 int. infact that looks like a pretty good deal I'll tinker with it tomorrow.
I think aurora gloves are just bad to be frank. You gain 9 stam for a loss of 9'int' over eagle gloves. 1:1 is not a good trade stam for int as I've shown by being able to go 10:3 with my changes earlier in this post.

Also in reply to mr swoops. Archaedic stone is +13 not +12 had it been +12 I would've run two underworld bands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just going to finish up now and say after a few more runs and some tinkering I have a set I am very very happy with. Thanks to all so far who questioned / probed to make me think and try new things.

Apologies and special thanks to mr Swoops. It was 12 after all and since then I got a charged gear for the resistances. I'm sticking with one underworld band though because losing the 8 stam doesn't feel correct.

Also new xmog. What do people think?

Users who are viewing this thread