39 rogue offhands- Help!

Hey guys, I've been twinking diff classes for a while now (rogue and 49 pally have old pvp ranks), but only recently discovered this site! Its very helpful, with a heap of useful info.

I'm re-twinking my old 19 orc rogue to 39 (due to lvling him while i was drunk lolol), I have most of his stuff already, but i can't decide on an offhand for my hemo build.

I think i've narrowed it down to either a Ginn-su (back-sheathing wins) or the Nordic Longshank (if i can get the F-ing thing to drop, at 40+ runs atm)

Is one really any better than the other? Or is there another option i've overlooked?

Oh, and go for goose or +20agil?

Any feedback will be appreciated!

* Have Mallet of Zul + goose MH atm

** Got Dazz Sword with weap chain for rogue V rogue fights

*** Im going to use Vanq's with +20agil for dagg spec for max AP.

Cheers!

~Metal

But i thought with the change to poison app %, u no longer needed the absolute fastest OH u could find

not necessary but poison dps is still going to be drastically higher with a faster offhand since the % is static.

i've heard rumor that one of the BoA weapons is also a good offhand choice, but i'm not a math person so i'll let them tell you more on that XD

Ok thanks for ur help.

Maybe i'll just buy the Ginn-su thats on the AH atm, purely for aesethics :p

PS: goose or 20agil OH?

i dont play 39s so im not sure about this but if i was u, i would make the decision based on this:

if mongoose stacks (aka u can have one going at once from each wep...like crusader) then go mongoose off hand...if it doesnt go 20 agil

Yeah i think i'll whack a goose on my OH - got a spare goose scroll in my bank anyway, not gonna use it for daggs now, after reading some posts here.

mongoose stacks

Still not really useful as you're going for burst and the likelyness of a double proc is low when you're being kited, slowed, los'd, cc'd, etc.

Thanks for ur posts guys - ended up whacking the spare mongoose i had onto a Ginn-su blade - looks bad-ass, sheathed on my orc's back!

- Still running Uld for the Longshank lol, this is ridiculous!

*Picked up a 39 'of the monkey' dagg in case i need it also, thanks to Jen for that suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread